Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide to DBS conversion - Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2024, 11:10 AM
neltel
Rapide to DBS conversion - Is it possible?

Hello everyone! Hope your as well. I have a quick question and am hoping someone can shed some light on the topic for me. I am going to be purchasing an Aston Martin Rapide in the next month or so and am deciding between the regular Rapide and the S. Which one is a better buy is a whole different conversation but my particular question in this case is:

Can a 2012 DBS front bumper be fitted to the Rapide? I know the Rapide is slightly wider than the DB9 and the DBS is also slightly wider than the DB9. And since both are based off the DB9 im wondering if it's possible to convert front bumper or rather the lower portion from a DBS to the Rapide. I love the aggressive styling and think it would be a really unique combination.

Ive also seen before that the hood from a DB9 or DBS should theoretically fit on a Rapide but I'm not sure the validity of that statement.

If some one could please help me figure out if this is possible I would greatly appreciate it!

Old Today, 06:08 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Its always going to be possible with the right bodyshop; they can alter the flairings on the DBS bumper to fit your rapide, no problem.

If you're in the market for a Rapide: find one in Midnight blue: I have an original/OEM DBS Carbon Bonnet for sale which should be a straight swap :-)