Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cost of plugs and coils for 2016 AM Vanquish?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 07:13 PM
|
rlh23 is infamous around these parts
Cost of plugs and coils for 2016 AM Vanquish?

I was quoted ~$5200 to replace plugs and coils on my 2016 Vanquish from an independent. Does that sound inline with what others have gotten? High? Low? TIA.

Old Yesterday | 09:22 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Are you having issues with a misfire? If they are OEM parts then it's probably a good estimate for replacement. The ignition coils are not the same as the earlier ones for DB9. I would make sure coils and spark plugs are OEM for that cost. It's definitely involved with replacement of intake gaskets and fuel injector O-rings.

Old Today | 02:36 AM
|
rlh23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Are you having issues with a misfire? If they are OEM parts then it's probably a good estimate for replacement. The ignition coils are not the same as the earlier ones for DB9. I would make sure coils and spark plugs are OEM for that cost. It's definitely involved with replacement of intake gaskets and fuel injector O-rings.
No issues yet. It was suggested as preventative maintenance considering the car has ~28,000 miles. I’ll probably hold off until I do start to have an issue. I’ll definitely confirm parts are OEM.

Old Today | 05:45 AM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
AFAIK the recommended replacement is at 40K miles? Plugs and coils are mileage dependent. Time is not used to justify replacement.