Thoughts on 2014-15 Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today | 08:32 AM
|
Mike Gray is infamous around these parts
Thoughts on 2014-15 Vanquish

All:

I recently sold my 1988 BMW M5 for a pretty decent price and am looking to fill a slot in the garage. I've been fortunate to have had a good many nice cars through the years, but my 2013 V8V 6 speed is my absolute favorite of them all.

So instead of defaulting to some old air cooled Porsche 911, which is where my mind usually goes when I have a chance to buy something else, I'm giving serious thought to acquiring a 2014-2015 Vanquish. Obviously, I have no experience with the V12 powerplant w/auto transmission and would appreciate any words of wisdom or links to helpful information about this model. I've always thought the Vanquish was just a fabulous looking automobile and much more special than a Porsche, Mercedes or BMW. Would love to hear from any board member who has experience with this model.

Thanks for any insights!

Regards,
Mike

Old Today | 11:51 AM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Mike,

I traded my 2006 DB9 Coupe for a 2016 Vanquish Volante last November. I enjoyed my DB9 for 12 years and 50K miles. I've since added over 5,000 miles to the Vanquish.

As you'd expect with a 10-year difference in age, the Vanquish is better in every respect. It has more power, makes more/better noise, is better finished, and it's more comfortable. B&O is awesome. The 8-speed transmission shifts quicker, and gas mileage on the highway is way up. It's a big car but you can toss it around a bit. I put a new set of Michelin PS4S on it right away, and they work really well with the car.

There's a very tempting looking 2018 Vanquish "S" Coupe on autotrader that looks to be well-priced; Cumberland Grey, Phantom interior.

Old Today | 01:14 PM
ram_g
Originally Posted by Mike Gray
All:

I'm giving serious thought to acquiring a 2014-2015 Vanquish.
The 2014s have the 6 speed transmission, same as the DB9s. The 2015s and up have the 8 speed transmissions. I have not driven either but I understand it makes quite a difference.

Old Today | 02:49 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have had three V8 Vantage. Like you said they are really nice looking and fun to drive. Just recently I got a 2016 Vanquish. The Vanquish is a totally different driving experience. The V8 Vantage is a sports car and the Vanquish a GT car. Someone told me if I got a Vanquish I wouldn’t drive the Vantage any more. They are so wrong love them both.