Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A4 2.0T Upgrades....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:11 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
A4 2.0T Upgrades....

Hey all, I am finally getting my new(er) Audi. I am going for the A4 2.0T Quattro Tip. 2005.5-06' model years. I have a couple of questions from you guys that have or had Audi's and have done upgrades. I am looking for parts that will yield good power and are quality.

I have been looking at Carbonio, APR, AWE Tuning, GReddy, ATP Turbo (GT28RS Upgrade), Neuspeed, ABD Racing, H&R, Eibach, etc, etc. The list goes on. I am indecisive as to who makes the better parts that are worth the money.

Can someone please help? Lend me your thoughts and opinions? I would be most gracious.

Thanks a million.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
ironchefigor is infamous around these parts
I personally don't have experience with it, but from what I've read the Carbonio is a waste of money. Best bang for your buck short of a turbo upgrade (which besides doing k04s is hard cause of the integrated intake manifold) would be either APR or GIAC chip. Also the Test Pipe is a good performance addition, but many cases it will through a CEL, and some people say it smells worse in the car, and its a lot louder. Otherwise a majority of people are using H&R, Vogtland, or PSS9 coilovers. Big Turbo kits are coming, though when exactly? No one knows.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:53 PM
CaRJoE0220 is infamous around these partsCaRJoE0220 is infamous around these parts
APR Programming along with a Test Pipe are the only real current big gains

Flash = 60ish i think i remember
TP = like 30 crank if i remember

Carbonio Intake and the Exhaust are just pleasing to the ears but haven't shown any real gains. Test do show the intake shows MUCH better airflow and I felt the better air flow made the turbo work less hard.

The Test Pipe WILL make your CEL go off but APR (and Only APR has a cel delete program for free with their flash)

Obviously Flash and TP will defiantly void your warranty. Pay to Play. The flash can be hidden on services, the TP.... not so much

Hope this helps

PS: I had a 06 A4 haha

Old 12-06-2007, 10:54 PM
CaRJoE0220 is infamous around these partsCaRJoE0220 is infamous around these parts
oh yeah and no Big Turbo kits are really out there yet. Testing phases to but I wouldnt deal with any of that for at least a year after others blow their engines first haha

Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 PM
B7bydesign is a jewel in the roughB7bydesign is a jewel in the roughB7bydesign is a jewel in the rough
I love my AWE exhaust, and i will admit that i bought the carbonio for the sound alone. always wanted that 'whoosh' factor with a turbo car, so i got the carbonio. if money was tight, i would def suggest not to invest in the intake. my exhaust choice was based on sound clips, and im happy with my choice.

edit: if i could do it all over again, i would have gone with a chip first.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
After doing some more reading, I might end up with the 02-04 A4 1.8T. Smarter? For me it probably would be. Save $ on the car purchase itself and there are ALOT more upgrades available also.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:34 PM
ironchefigor is infamous around these parts
If you really want to get some serious upgrades going, might as well look into a b5 s4. 2.7TT will make way more power than any 1.8t.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I do agree. But, the B5's have their issues. Plus I think the fuel mileage would be alot worse than the 2.0 or the 1.8.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:51 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
This probably isn't the most popular thing to say, but if you're considering spending that type of money on upgrades throughout the car (engine, suspension, brakes, wheels, etc.) I would consider a used S4. You get the V8 grunt and sound, upgraded brakes, wheels, suspension, etc. and the market is pretty soft for these cars now. Getting an A4 2.0T (which is a great motor) up to that performance and balance takes at least $6,000, if not more, in my opinion.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GSlider
I do agree. But, the B5's have their issues. Plus I think the fuel mileage would be alot worse than the 2.0 or the 1.8.
Doesn't matter what you drive... if you're constantly into the throttle the MPG isn't going to be great.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:04 PM
CondorCGT is infamous around these parts
Smile

Try this company oettinger.de/index2_e.htm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-20-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: embedded link to commercial non sponsor
Old 12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Oettinger has the body treatment that I want. I do agree M5Kid, if you can't keep from mashing the throttle in any car you will get horrible fuel mileage. I had looked at used S4's with the 4.2, but their still in the 45-49K range and thats a little more than I want to spend. I think I want to go a max or 36ish.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
LAZY TURBO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaRJoE0220
APR Programming along with a Test Pipe are the only real current big gains

Flash = 60ish i think i remember
TP = like 30 crank if i remember

Carbonio Intake and the Exhaust are just pleasing to the ears but haven't shown any real gains. Test do show the intake shows MUCH better airflow and I felt the better air flow made the turbo work less hard.

The Test Pipe WILL make your CEL go off but APR (and Only APR has a cel delete program for free with their flash)

Obviously Flash and TP will defiantly void your warranty. Pay to Play. The flash can be hidden on services, the TP.... not so much

Hope this helps

PS: I had a 06 A4 haha
exactly.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
What do you mean as far as the 1.8T has MORE mods out there. The only real difference now is a BT kit which will be out in the next 6 months for the B7. The B6A4 WITH a chip is I think like 200hp crank. The B7 A4 with a chip is like 260..... Plus I think the B7 while different look some dont lke, looks alot meaner IMO

Here is my real good buddies A4, I had to sell mine cause I couldnt keep up haha. Hes waiting for the BT kit next

But you can spend a pretty penny on these things

Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
yeeeeee is infamous around these parts
GO with the 2005.5-2006, chances are you will still have warranty which covers all the maintenance, unlike the newer years i believe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A4 2.0T Upgrades....