Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Corsa Performance Exhaust on S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
wheels is infamous around these parts
Corsa Performance Exhaust on S4

Corsa Performance used my wife's B7 S4 for the final fit and finish testing of their new cat back exhaust system. The system is now going into production and will be ready for shipment March 1st. We kept the last prototype on my wife's car. It sounds absolutely awesome and the Corsa tips look great. I've attached a link to a video of another vehicle they used during sound testing.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5816eef3-f5f8-416e-90d8-99ba00c4ed76.htm

Old 02-03-2008, 10:52 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Sounds very good, I love V8's!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Poisoned Pony is infamous around these parts
damn! That sounds pretty good!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
i dont get the 6th gear 60mph thing...
sounds great but not much pushing going on there;

Old 02-03-2008, 05:41 PM
TheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Enilder
i dont get the 6th gear 60mph thing...
sounds great but not much pushing going on there;
I think they were trying to show that its not too loud for normal cruising.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
The 60 mph test is to show how quiet the cabin is at highway speed. You can drive on the freeway all day long without any drone or annoying noise. But don't get me wrong this exhaust can put out some awesome sounds when you want it to. Just play with the long skinny pedal and you can make the sound fit your mood. Go through the gears a little more aggressively and the sounds are really sweet. Go WOT and it cranks out some really awesome V8 noise. John Law right behind? Go through the gears gently and it sounds stock...no worries. Only one issue.
Now everytime my wife comes home she has to rev it up in the garage.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
I know what you mean about the wife rev it up in the garage thing. My wife use to call me on the cell phone when she hits the garage now she gives me a rev from the V10 in her S6 lol. Woman, give them a little power and.............!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
james6290 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wheels
Corsa Performance used my wife's B7 S4 for the final fit and finish testing of their new cat back exhaust system. The system is now going into production and will be ready for shipment March 1st. We kept the last prototype on my wife's car. It sounds absolutely awesome and the Corsa tips look great. I've attached a link to a video of another vehicle they used during sound testing.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5816eef3-f5f8-416e-90d8-99ba00c4ed76.htm

FINALLY!!!!! I have been waiting for this!!! What are the numbers on this (HP/TQ)? What is the cost (+/-)? I love the sound from the outside but how is it on the inside when you are not in 6th gear at 60? How loud is it in the cabin under medium to hard acceleration? Livable noise level for DD? Does it really sound like it does in the video (some cars sound very different in person)? Will it fit tip cars?

James

PS: Your wife's car is great looking!

Old 02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Where in Ohio are you located James? You are welcome to come by anytime and hear it in perosn.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 PM
james6290 is infamous around these parts
Where in Ohio are you located James? You are welcome to come by anytime and hear it in perosn.
I am near Columbus and I think that may be pretty far away from you. Thanks for the offer though! Any idea on the numbers?

James

Old 02-04-2008, 04:39 PM
ahv72 is infamous around these parts
Would Love To Hear The Exhaust On The S5

Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I would say it sounds very close to the video. For sure it's not too load for a daily driver. Corsa does not have numbers yet, they need to get the car on an all wheel drive dyno. They wouldn't ballpark numbers to me. They are very conservative and don't want to over promise HP or TQ. The official price has not been released yet but figure in the $1600 range. Yes, will fit tip car.
Hey if your ever coming up north feel free to check out the wifes car. I'm south of Cleveland right off I-71. Hey you can check out the Cayenne Turbo S and and 993 TT while your here.

Hey (ahv72) Corsa has an S5 car coming in for fitment and testing in the next couple of weeks. Shouldn't be much after that for the exhaust system.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
jnbr19867 is infamous around these parts
SOunds soooo goood! Great Exhaust!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:32 AM
ahv72 is infamous around these parts
I would say it sounds very close to the video. For sure it's not too load for a daily driver. Corsa does not have numbers yet, they need to get the car on an all wheel drive dyno. They wouldn't ballpark numbers to me. They are very conservative and don't want to over promise HP or TQ. The official price has not been released yet but figure in the $1600 range. Yes, will fit tip car.
Hey if your ever coming up north feel free to check out the wifes car. I'm south of Cleveland right off I-71. Hey you can check out the Cayenne Turbo S and and 993 TT while your here.

Hey (ahv72) Corsa has an S5 car coming in for fitment and testing in the next couple of weeks. Shouldn't be much after that for the exhaust system.

thx a lot!!!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:21 AM
BLK 3V is infamous around these parts
I really like the sound...I hear Corsa makes pretty good stuff.
The S5 will be a nice ride with the corsa exhaust system installed once they get it completed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Corsa Performance Exhaust on S4