Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi puts "Old Luxury" on notice in superbowl ad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Overtaker is infamous around these parts
Audi puts "Old Luxury" on notice in superbowl ad

If you liked the Godfather, you will like this commerical. I think it's brillant.

http://www.truthinengineering.com/exclusive-preview/

Old 02-03-2008, 11:07 AM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
awesome!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
I can't see anything but a black screen....

Old 02-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Poisoned Pony is infamous around these parts
awesome commercial!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Sheikh.Dani is infamous around these parts
Excellent.!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:20 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
LOL, love the oil!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Brilliant!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
lol nice xD

Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
super cool ad

Old 02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
TTurbonegro is infamous around these parts
best commercial ever

Old 02-04-2008, 11:26 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
While the commercial was cool .. it left me a bit confused.

Why is Audi comparing their sports-coupe to a (older) Bentley or RR? Then there is the bit at the end about Luxury .. I have personally driven both, and while the R8 is a fantastic sports car .. its not a Bentley/RR in terms of luxury. As for the end owner, I don't think someone is going to be cross shopping between those two cars.

Not to mention, if it were a Bentley, They are owned by the same parent company .. Why is Audi taking shots at their own company being 'old luxury'?

Maybe a Porsche bumper wouldn't have been as obvious to the viewers??

(I have several friends in Advertising .. they keep over-analyzing ads for the subtle gestures that it has brainwashed me.)

Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
mishref:

You are over-analyzing. The front half of that car isn't supposed to depict a specific marque rather just the idea of "old luxury" - they don't want to put a Mercedes or BMW front end there, so they resort to something that has a bit more of the image the average consumer associates with old luxury. Remember, this commercial very clearly was just as much of an advertisement for Audi as it was for the R8 - Audi isn't going to spend $2.7 million + cost of making the commercial to sell R8s, R8 is a limited production car. This commercial speaks more to Audi as a brand and the R8 is the halo car.

I thought it was brilliant.

-m

Old 02-05-2008, 02:48 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mishref
While the commercial was cool .. it left me a bit confused.

Why is Audi comparing their sports-coupe to a (older) Bentley or RR? Then there is the bit at the end about Luxury .. I have personally driven both, and while the R8 is a fantastic sports car .. its not a Bentley/RR in terms of luxury. As for the end owner, I don't think someone is going to be cross shopping between those two cars.

Not to mention, if it were a Bentley, They are owned by the same parent company .. Why is Audi taking shots at their own company being 'old luxury'?

Maybe a Porsche bumper wouldn't have been as obvious to the viewers??

(I have several friends in Advertising .. they keep over-analyzing ads for the subtle gestures that it has brainwashed me.)
maybe they were saying this is not your father's bentley, it's an Audi for the younger crowd.

didn't make sense to me eitha

Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Boardman is infamous around these parts
Im in advertising...and it makes sense to me.

Best ad of the Superbowl, IMO. Im a biased car nut though.... That, and im so sick and tired of Buds ads..didnt laugh at a one of em.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:07 PM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
only like the 2nd half...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi puts "Old Luxury" on notice in superbowl ad