Sponsored By:

decided to buy R8 ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Eurorus is infamous around these parts
decided to buy R8 ???

Good day,

So, after I have sold my SL 55 AMG 2008, I decided to buy R8. Any comments about the car? Already found White exterior with carbon side blades, and black full leather, will buy it new from Germany on monday. Can any one tell me something about R8, I just personaly LOVE the look of it!!!

ANY + and -?

What about quality of the car, I mean build quality!

Any good info will be very important!

Thanks to all!

P.S please post some R8s of yours!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 12:19 AM
800 is infamous around these parts
you may want to go to r8talk.com. I've got one with a very similar spec coming (white + CF blade, black leather/alcantara deviated stitching).

Is yours a stick or R-tronics?

(You will here all the P-car owners knocking it here and all the r8 owners supporting it over there.)

Things that I've heard.
+ looks amazing/draw lots of attention, OK as a daily drive, very well balanced
- not as powerful as one may hope (most still want the V10), R-tronics seems to have a few minor problems need fine-tuning, with V10/V12 TDI/etc. coming so the current model may take a knock on the resale value (particularly if you will have to wait for another 6 months).

Old 02-17-2008, 02:16 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
I love it in white. Best color combo, but I think in 2 years you see them like Porsche 911`s. But at the moment it is a real exotic. And you have had your SL for a year or what? Here is one what stands at our golf course!

Old 02-17-2008, 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by 800
you may want to go to r8talk.com. I've got one with a very similar spec coming (white + CF blade, black leather/alcantara deviated stitching).

Is yours a stick or R-tronics?

(You will here all the P-car owners knocking it here and all the r8 owners supporting it over there.)

Things that I've heard.
+ looks amazing/draw lots of attention, OK as a daily drive, very well balanced
- not as powerful as one may hope (most still want the V10), R-tronics seems to have a few minor problems need fine-tuning, with V10/V12 TDI/etc. coming so the current model may take a knock on the resale value (particularly if you will have to wait for another 6 months).
Thanks for comment!

Mine will be with R-tronic.

No one know when W12 tdi will come out, AUDI already telling for 2 years that Q7 W12 TDI will be out in a month!! + diesel in My country is very bad!!!

about power... 4.6 to 100kmh is the same as my SL 55 AMG 2008, but with rear wheels its hard to do!!! AUDI is AWD...

Old 02-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by master_jcp
I love it in white. Best color combo, but I think in 2 years you see them like Porsche 911`s. But at the moment it is a real exotic. And you have had your SL for a year or what? Here is one what stands at our golf course!
Yeah I had my SL for 7 months! I ordered it, have wait it for 6 months to be delivered with every options including exclusive degigno leather etc. But now I see that facelift came out, and I had a chance to pass my car to one of my familly members.... now again I have free money to buy a super car!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Then your car will be very similar to mine! Mine will be R-tronics too (wife can't drive manual).

The W12, V12 Diesel are not ones that I worry about. I am most worry about the V10, cuz that is tempting even for me, just that I can't see myself going through 2 audi R8 in the same generation. Kinda like selling a SL 55 getting a SL 63.

I will post some pics when I get my car.

On the other board there is a guy with very similar spec, his car looks stunning!

Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by 800
Then your car will be very similar to mine! Mine will be R-tronics too (wife can't drive manual).

The W12, V12 Diesel are not ones that I worry about. I am most worry about the V10, cuz that is tempting even for me, just that I can't see myself going through 2 audi R8 in the same generation. Kinda like selling a SL 55 getting a SL 63.

I will post some pics when I get my car.

On the other board there is a guy with very similar spec, his car looks stunning!
Ohh k mon... V8 and V10 in my opinion is the same as SL 55 AND SL 65 AMG... SL 55 or now 63 us STILL A very cool car... SL 65 has more power then u need and price is not friendly!!! drop me a link with photos of his car!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:29 AM
does any one has photos of AUDI R8 in black, JUST recieved a great offer on new R8 black/ with some kind or orange, red leather... just beautiful!!!! I was hoping to buy white r8, but there a not many of them on the market with full ops, but this black it FULLY loaded!!!!!

THIS IS IT!!!! RECIEVED PHOTOS FROM THEM!!!!!!!!! COMENTS????

Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 AM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
that combo is great but white with that interior would even be better!

Old 02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
yeah i am partial to white but this one looks hot.
the only problem black car is that it's a part time job to keep it clean.

Raja

Old 02-18-2008, 12:44 AM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Very beautiful! Any more pics of the black one? I've yet to see any really good pics of black, and that's my favorite colour for a car. Just thought I might also add another "plus". While the V8 version may not be as fast as the V10 that is on it's way, I would imagine it will be cheaper/easier to service and daily drive without issue. Then again, servicing price may not even be an issue for you, and is likely not if you can afford this car with the markups.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by SiNzz
Very beautiful! Any more pics of the black one? I've yet to see any really good pics of black, and that's my favorite colour for a car. Just thought I might also add another "plus". While the V8 version may not be as fast as the V10 that is on it's way, I would imagine it will be cheaper/easier to service and daily drive without issue. Then again, servicing price may not even be an issue for you, and is likely not if you can afford this car with the markups.
thanks for coment.

price tag is not that important, time is. Dont want to wait until v10 will be out.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:07 AM
That's Tuscan Brown? Not 100% sure about the name but it's the standard brown for the R8.

Eurorus, I'll PM you with a link when I find it.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
cleanme is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eurorus
does any one has photos of AUDI R8 in black, JUST recieved a great offer on new R8 black/ with some kind or orange, red leather... just beautiful!!!! I was hoping to buy white r8, but there a not many of them on the market with full ops, but this black it FULLY loaded!!!!!

THIS IS IT!!!! RECIEVED PHOTOS FROM THEM!!!!!!!!! COMENTS????
Looks amazing! I loge the brown leather, that's what sells it for me

Old 02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Go for it and paint the brakes Red whilst your at it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: decided to buy R8 ???