Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi S5 or A5 Owners. Do you have any Vibration Issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by todd1010
What was your reasoning for 85lbs instead of the 89-90lbs?
My Service guy thought that maybe too much torque could contribute to amplifying the vibration.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM
IbiS5 is infamous around these parts
Umm... maybe I should've looked around online before pulling the trigger on an S5 yesterday... any news on this problem? My car will arrive as a 2010 model, thanks.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:06 AM
My 2009 S5 has the vibration and the dealer is replacing the control arms and 2 tires that were not up to par. I really hope this fixes it.

The few 2010 models that are showing up here in the US out have not been without the issue despite having the newer updated lower control arms.
Thanks Todd1010

Is this happening to EVERY S5? Or should I start preying for my chance of getting a normal car?

Dealer said I have to wait 6-8 months for my car... by the way I ordered Ibis White w/ Pearl Silver interior and 20 spoke 19" rims (the standard is 18" rims for Chinese market). I'm taking my chance on how an all white car will look About the only good thing here in China is that no one gives a **** about tinted windows and loud *** exhaults.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:09 PM
HobbesA5 is infamous around these parts
The few 2010 models that are showing up here in the US out have not been without the issue despite having the newer updated lower control arms.
It has not been confirmed that 2010 models that have the problem also have the new control arms. The earliest builds of the 2010 model year still used the old arms, and some of them had the vibration. I frequent multiple Audi forums and I've not seen any reports of 2010 B8 cars that have the vibration and are confirmed to have the new arms. In fact, it appears that replacing the control arms does indeed fix the vibration problem.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Well the dealer replaced 2 front lower control arms and 2 tires [which are located on the rear] and the vibration is gone, YAY!!!

I'm going to monitor it because I've read some owners say that the vibration has returned after a while.
Glad to hear the problem has been fixed and thanks for sharing.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 AM
jrpetrillo is infamous around these parts
A5 steering vibration/shimmy

Just leased my A5 on 10/3/2009 and it has the steering vibration/shimmy.
It occurs around 60 to 65 mph. Brought it back to the dealer on 10/5, picked up 10/6 after 3 tires were replaced. Brought back on 10/7 because the problem was still there. 4th tire was replaced on 10/7 but the car still has the problem. Dealer suggested that I drive the car to break in the tires but I think it's BS. I did some research and apparently an edmunds reviewer had the same problem with his S5. The dealer he was working with couldn't resolve the problem either until he, the reviewer, contacted Audi USA directly. They supplied the dealer with modified control arms that 100% resolved the problem. Since Audi hasn't officially said that the A5/S5 officially has this problem the dealer can't swap out the control arms unless Audi corporate directs them to and provides them with the modified arms.

Here's the link I found about this:
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...n-wrap-up.html

As you can imagine I've had my car 1 week and it spent most of it in service. I'm going to my dealer tomorrow to demand they swap my control arms or give me a new car without this issue.

I know there are several people out there with this problem and hopefully if enough of us unhappy, unsatisfied disappointed customers speak up maybe we can finally get Audi to do the right thing.

The leases on the cars aren't cheap and we should all at least be getting what we're paying for.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:29 PM
HobbesA5 is infamous around these parts
This problem has been well-documented at Audi-specific forums such as AudiWorld.com and Audizine.com. Some searching of the B8 forums at those sites will find tons of discussion and info about the problem. In short, the dealer is prescribed to try several "fixes" before AoA will authorize replacement of the control arms. In the end, though, you should be able to get the arms replaced if the vibration is still present.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:02 PM
jrpetrillo is infamous around these parts
A5 steering vibration/shimmy

UPDATE: Audi USA advised Town Audi of Englewood NJ to replace the control arms in my A5 and it appears that my problem is solved.

On a side note, I have to say that the service that I received at Town Audi was nothing short of excellent. If you're in the tri-state area and you're looking for an Audi this is the place to go. They really know how to take care of their customers before, during and after the sale.

J.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM
motionproducts is infamous around these parts
2011 Audi S5 4000 miles

I am having the worst vibration coming from under the passenger side seat, that resonates to the front of the car.Starts at 55 miles/hr and continues to increase in volume with speed and worsens under deceleration. Pirelli will not respond, The Audi dealer said its the Tires but wont help. I went to Pirelli tire shop & had rims and tires checked they feel they are ok...... So I am now going out of pocket for a 2011 S5 to a great 3rd party Bosch mechanic . If anyone has any bulletins or tips please let me know.. Also sunroof vibrates, drivers window rubber has popped out of track and will not let window up.Right rear caliper squeeles. There are more rattles and vibrations in this car then a stag shop!!