Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Recommended RS4 mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:34 AM
knuklehedz is infamous around these parts
Recommended RS4 mods

Not wanting to browse all 51 pages in this catagory, can people talk about bolt-on mods for the B7 RS4?

In particular, I am looking for feedback on Stasis coilovers, Milltek and other exhaust systems, MTM supercharger (clubsport kit?)

The stock suspension DRC is so tight I hate to mess with it but I must have it lowered from stock - it just don't look right sitting up like it does.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
evilb is infamous around these parts
Go with STaSIS SL's if you want to save some dough and still get Ohlins. The MS series if you want cockput adjustability of dampening. Get 10mm front/rear spacers when you do either of these.

I personally don't like any of the exhaust systems available right now, but would choose Milltek over all of them. Anxiously awaiting an AWE system.

Go with a JHM Short Shifter... possibly some H-Sport swaybars if you're really into the twisties.

Hope this helps.
Brad

Old 05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Andyuk9112 is infamous around these parts
The MTM is GBP£30k and has not been released, draw your own conclusion.
GMG is very nice Exhaust .. Add LEDs to the DRl's so they are not horrid yellow .. some point swap to 275/30 tyres(English spelling, LOL).

With 255 tyres, some people use 8mm spacers .. saw a comment that 10mm can cause vibrations.

Airfilter, mixed bag, but I have just gone with a foam filter.

Unlplug the pipes on the valves, if you don't want to buy an exhaust.

Remove the 'flapper valve' in the air intake ... I haven't

Buy a remap, raise the rev limit or set to a true 8,250 ... some are in the low 7,900 ...

If you don't have SS, possibly fit H&R ..

Oh ... get your DRC checked for leaks .... if it has not happened yet it will .,..... apparently a recall on the way ...

But, enjoy the car , it is great

Old 05-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Zeshin is infamous around these parts
GMG Exhaust
Hotchkis Sways
JHM Short Shifter
STaSIS SL (I went with KW V3, but I hear the STaSIS systems are better quality)

Sadly there aren't many mods out for the RS4.

Anyone have rubbing issues when lowering the car with 10mm spacers? The offset on my Dymags are 10mm lower than stock, and I rub if I have smaller than a finger gap in the front unless I remove the top fender lining screw.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
FooFighterRS4 is infamous around these parts
Stasis/Ohlins motorsport suspension is THE best mod by far in my opinion. I got my setup at GMG before the SL system came out. It lowers the car nicely. Ride comfort is better. The car understeers less. The car feels about 500 pounds lighter. It eliminates body roll like the DRC but it won't leak.

I've heard Milltek, GMG, and Magnaflow exhausts. All three sound good. It all boils down to personal preference. I like the deeper growl of the GMG over the raspy Milltek. I've been told the Milltek is more difficult to install if thats a factor. If you want quad tips, both Magnaflow and Milltek offer them. I personally dig the thermal coated GMG tips.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 AM
spacers?

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful considering the price of after market toys.

Are the spacers being mentioned are for the suspension? I had previously used H&R spacers on my wheels on an old S4 but I have not heard of using spacers to lower a car unless it was some old hoopty or mini truck.

It sounds like I will go ahead and get the Stasis coilovers, I haven't heard anything bad about them. If I keep the stock wheels, what sort of lowering has anyone found to be the limit?

Thanks again

Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
wheels !

Old 05-09-2008, 03:05 PM
FooFighterRS4 is infamous around these parts
The spacers are for looks. It widens the stance for a more aggressive look. I think most people have been happy with MTM 10mm spacers. I think its due to the fact that they are center locking. Some have complained of wheel vibration with other brands.

Andyuk9112, did you find any answers about the exhaust?

Old 05-11-2008, 03:34 AM
I have considered the wheel spacers but I thought before I did that I would use a new wheel set to widen the track and maybe add more rubber like Andyuk9112 suggested. Aesthetically the track already seems good, it's the ride height that I really want to change.

To Andyuk9112: Can you give some further explanation(s) of some of the suggestions you made?

Is there a more involved description of these in another thread? pics?

Any theories on why a 10 mm spacer would behave differently than a 8 mm? It's hard to imagine such a small difference could be dynamically noticiable.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
michaeldorian is infamous around these partsmichaeldorian is infamous around these parts
Awesome thread.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by knuklehedz
I have considered the wheel spacers but I thought before I did that I would use a new wheel set to widen the track and maybe add more rubber like Andyuk9112 suggested. Aesthetically the track already seems good, it's the ride height that I really want to change.

To Andyuk9112: Can you give some further explanation(s) of some of the suggestions you made?

Is there a more involved description of these in another thread? pics?

Any theories on why a 10 mm spacer would behave differently than a 8 mm? It's hard to imagine such a small difference could be dynamically noticiable.

A bit slow on my part , LOL

Have a read

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=...869b4125f824c2

The flapper valve was on here http://forums.fourtitude.com/zeroforum?id=787

Andy