Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Revo's Tune for the B7 RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:46 AM
porshcenut is infamous around these parts
Revo's Tune for the B7 RS4

Does anyone out there have the B7 RS4 tune from Revo? If so any noticible gains and/or problems? Thanks!

Old 06-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt it's anything you would be able to feel. Normal Aspirated engines, when they are chipped, the gains are usually small and if you increase ten horsepower on a 400hp car chances are your not going to feel it.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:50 PM
carlitosz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
I doubt it's anything you would be able to feel. Normal Aspirated engines, when they are chipped, the gains are usually small and if you increase ten horsepower on a 400hp car chances are your not going to feel it.
What he said. +1

Old 06-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Here is the link describing the gains http://www.revotechnik.com/products/....aspx?pvID=752

This with a exhuast upgrade should be noticible, right? 420 is less than 445. The difference in hp is what Porsche usually will increase to launch a new generation 911 variant. It has to be more than slighly noticible... I gave the exhaust a 5 hp gain which is very modest based on company's claims.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 AM
ghoonk is infamous around these parts
Then it's not just a Revo upgrade -- it's Revo + exhaust + filter + ?

I agree, NA tuning on its own only delivers that many extra ponies. To really get the most out of an NA engine, one needs to look at a complete tuning package.

I wonder if anyone is looking at an ITB solution for the RS4

Old 06-25-2008, 08:42 AM
ITB's would be sweet but I don't see how they would fit! Funny you mentioned that because I never understood how such a powerfull powerplant for the RS4 develops 420hp with such a restricted intake. The inlet is like 5 inches wide by like 1-1.5 inches tall with two 90 degree bends along the way with a (silk) screen pre-filter followed by the air filter. Crazy flow path in comparsion to it's competitrors intakes.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:20 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Revo's early versions of the software were said to be a disaster. However recently a few have installed their release version of the software and the reports are good and even some dyno plots posted on Audiworld showed some decent gains (for a NA car).

Old 06-27-2008, 03:09 PM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
I went Monday to get the Revo Flash but they were unable to upload the files on to my car. I have not heard anything else back from them so I will be looking a different shop and software for the car.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 AM
If you find a diffrent reputable tune out there please be sure to post. I have searched and searched and have only found the Revo tune for the RS4.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:00 PM
diggb5 is infamous around these parts
Unitronic.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Andyuk9112 is infamous around these parts
This is a hot potato in the Uk, have a read in the B7 section of www.rs246.com then you will see what I mean .. JDEngineering in holland seem to be top of the tree and seem to have done more work than most.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porshcenut
Here is the link describing the gains http://www.revotechnik.com/products/....aspx?pvID=752

This with a exhuast upgrade should be noticible, right? 420 is less than 445. The difference in hp is what Porsche usually will increase to launch a new generation 911 variant. It has to be more than slighly noticible... I gave the exhaust a 5 hp gain which is very modest based on company's claims.
You won't feel 25hp unless that 25hp is available throughout the entire rev range. Otherwise, it's just a 25hp peak bump and you'll have to have a sensitive tushy to notice that.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:33 PM
diggb5 is infamous around these parts
http://unitronic.ca/performance-soft...+FSI&x=19&y=16

Unitronic has been making waves for the VW/Audi community as of recently for their awesome big turbo software. I recommend taking a look at Unitronic for the RS4. I have revo for my VW, but I shall be making the switch. Their customer service is also top notch too.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
RoninW is infamous around these parts
had a customer that did the revo software. then the car wasnt running for about a month. supposedly the issue was fixed and he loves it... most of my customers are waiting for the OCT software which i recommend

Old 07-13-2008, 05:15 PM
fresh is infamous around these parts
From what I've heard about unitronic, gains are not noticeable at all. That is one of the reasons I decided to go with singh autosport. 26hp, 26lb/tq, removal of all flat spots, and better mileage by 10-15%.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Revo's Tune for the B7 RS4