Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any one here with an R8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
Actually, the V10 will will increase the market for V8 mods. Many people will want the performance of the V10, but dont want to trade in their car, so they instead mod it.
The price of the MTM supercharger is $57K. It's the only way you'll even come close to the performance of the V10. Also, people who can afford a V8 should be able to afford the V10 if they want. This isn't the difference between a $15K car and a $30K car to a teenager. If you have $140K to spend on a car, an extra $25K won't break the bank.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:30 AM
BarryP is infamous around these parts
There may also be some folks with the V10 that would modify their car. The promised 525hp sounds nice, but 700hp would put an even bigger smile on my face!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:40 AM
For the people who wanted pics. Here are a couple from my track day last week.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
luxeous is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wedouglas
For the people who wanted pics. Here are a couple from my track day last week.

Love the headlights. How does it compare to a Gallardo?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
franki68 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slick //M
Are any you owners tall? Im very interested in this car (with the v10),...and I need to know if I'll be comfortable in it.

I'm 6'5

thx
Im 6 foot and its very roomy,Clarksin is about your height and he rated it the most comfortable sportscar hes driven.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:39 PM
michaeldorian is infamous around these partsmichaeldorian is infamous around these parts
The wait on these cars are ridiculous. Only if I had the patience.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by luxeous
Love the headlights. How does it compare to a Gallardo?
I don't have a Gallardo, so I can't say. I should be testing the new LP560 soon. Once I get the R8 V10, I'll compare the two.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
PES who is a site sponsor is working on a supercharger for the R8 I can tell you it will be less expensive than the MTM supercharger! They have been supercharging audi's for years and do amazing work.
PES has an ECU flash available for the R8 now. I have flashed two cars at Fabspeed, and felt an improvement as soon as I took the car on a test drive! If you guys have any questions contact Tony@PES or I would be happy to answer any questions.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 08-01-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned
Tony - PES is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
PES who is a site sponsor is working on a supercharger for the R8 I can tell you it will be less expensive than the MTM supercharger! They have been supercharging audi's for years and do amazing work.
PES has an ECU flash available for the R8 now. I have flashed two cars at Fabspeed, and felt an improvement as soon as I took the car on a test drive! If you guys have any questions contact Tony@PES or I would be happy to answer any questions.
Thanks for posting Jeremy. I just want to confirm that we are indeed making a SC system for the entire line of Audi 4.2 V8's. We also have software that makes approx 30HP on the R8 and RS4. Feel free to PM either of us with questions. Fabspeed the the largest PES dealer on the east coast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.