Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2009 Audi RS6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:34 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by daves4izzle
here - that is if the car itself even does... 150k Euros? If that's true, that is S65 territory. That's ridiculously high...
The Euro 150K figure includes VAT (20%?), btw. So, that would be removed if the car came Stateside, which could reduce the price somewhat. However, the cost of EPA/DOT compliance is prohibitively expensive for Audi from what I'm hearing on such a limited run. In order to shave costs, the Mk I RS6 had lower spec NAV and seats. Really, the only two things about the car that I can pick on (other than DRC).

Some manufacturers make a decision to do it anyway and price the car where they think it will sell even though they lose money on it. I've argued to AoA that if they want to continue to build their reputation and compete against BMW's M-series cars and AMG's products, they NEED to bring it. Otherwise all of the effort they've made to date with the RS-line will be wasted. I know AoA is trying to get the RS6 here, but it's still a No from Ingolstadt.

CW

Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 AM
daves4izzle is infamous around these parts
Thanks for your input CW, and I agree. I feel that I'm seeing new cars from AMG and M come out and rock the automotive world, however since the RS4, there really hasn't been anything like that from Audi (here in the states at least). If the RS6 does not make it here, it will be a huge disappointment and will surely tarnish Audi's reputation in performance automobile circles. In addition to the RS6, it makes me wonder if the TT RS or the RS5 will ever make it here either...it's a shame that being the "greatest country in the world" it is still so hard to enjoy the fruits that other countries enjoy on a regular basis. Audi/AoA still has a long way to go in my opinion until they reach the level that M and AMG have reached here in the states.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
FYI, all, I stopped by my dealer today briefly to schedule a service, and I asked the question about the RS6. I had two completely different answers from two different people.

One said, yes, the sedan only.

The other, no, neither.

I'm still hearing no from the factory connect, btw.

However, some dealers are accepting deposits IN THE EVENT we do get them. So, if you feel compelled...

Price will be large if they come.

CW