Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinions on the RS4, need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 PM
niqui is infamous around these parts
just a question...i see that you guys prefer the rs4 to the new m3 for the most part...but how do you think it stacks up against the c63 as a DD...the auto tranny should definitely be a plus for the mb, but the awd for the audi...

Old 11-29-2008, 11:19 PM
AussieRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by niqui
just a question...i see that you guys prefer the rs4 to the new m3 for the most part...but how do you think it stacks up against the c63 as a DD...the auto tranny should definitely be a plus for the mb, but the awd for the audi...

Though I prefer the C63 over the M3, I believe the RS4 would make a better DD then both. Though the automatic transmission is convenient for a DD, I do not think a manual poses that much of a problem. Aside from a few vehicles, my DD have been manual transmissions for the most part. I think Quattro really sets the RS4 ahead of the C63 for daily driving conditions, especially if you have a house in sunny SoCal. What really sets the RS4 ahead for me is the looks. The interior is just so much superior, though the C63's is way ahead of the M3's. Call me biased, but I am just inlove with RS4s.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:01 AM
the quattro is really the biggest plus, and in terms of the manual tranny, compared to the m3, i find it much more forgiving...though i dont know if this is a good thing or not for the type of car...it makes it a better dd though.
but i think the c63 is a good choice, considering at least in montreal, its sticker is somewhere around 30k less...63k for the mb and 90k+ for the audi.
my thoughts. plus automatic is nice in traffic and on hills, but not as much fun when the road opens...compromise.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:58 AM
cityschredder is infamous around these parts
I have not driven a new M3 or c63 but i just picked up a used 07 rs4 for $45k with 32,500 miles and it is my DD. I agree with everyone here that its great as a DD, you can keep it at low RPM and drive it mellow or just push the gas in any gear and it is off and running. Plus with the addition of some high performance all seasons it will make Tahoe trips easy and fun.

On another note you can get a new RS4 for a discount as low as 60-65k so the value is better then a marketed up M3 or c63.

Last edited by cityschredder; 11-30-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:37 PM
"On another you can get a new RS4 for a discount as low as 60-65k so the value is better then a marketed up M3 or c63.[/quote]"

maybe in the states, but a used 07, often an American imported, rs4 goes for around 65-75k depending...in montreal.
personally, in canada, i find it grossly overpriced...but then again, it is an outgoing model and hopefully audi will readjust their prices on the new rs4 to make them more competitive. i dont think many ppl would pay 95k cdn for an 2010 rs4 when they could have a 2010 c63 or m3 for 63k...my 2 cents though.

Last edited by niqui; 11-30-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Brian@AudiMV is infamous around these parts
I've got a 2007 phantom black RS4 on H&R springs and magnaflow exhaust at my dealer, shoot me a PM or an email if you're interested!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:07 PM
hey guys, i have always liked the rs4 cause its fun and awd. the styling is not for me, but its still nice enough.
i was wondering, initially i was going to buy a car, but didnt want to shell out the full amount. i was just looking and came across an rs4 in grey for lease takeoever, its an 2007 for 1050cdn per month plus tax for 20 months. what do you guys think.
i was thinking, i dont have to buy a new car, it would be my first manual and a nice way to get into a performace sedan without having to buy it and put down like 80k on somehting the rest of the family cant drive....
thanks

Old 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM
dinnyin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brian@AudiMV
I've got a 2007 phantom black RS4 on H&R springs and magnaflow exhaust at my dealer, shoot me a PM or an email if you're interested!
are the stock parts included?

Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
You can still get a brand spanking new 08 RS4 for 12-15K off list, cabrio or sedan. Many dealers are still bulging with hard to move inventory in this market...

Worth doing that than look for a slightly more discounted used 07. Just my $0.02...

Old 12-01-2008, 02:17 PM
dinnyin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
You can still get a brand spanking new 08 RS4 for 12-15K off list, cabrio or sedan. Many dealers are still bulging with hard to move inventory in this market...

Worth doing that than look for a slightly more discounted used 07. Just my $0.02...

I agree, but I'm looking to get a bargain on an 07 given things like this happening with 2008s: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...4k-loaded.html because the market for the trade-in / sale of my existing car is going to have been hit just as hard, putting an 08 out of logical reach.

Last edited by dinnyin; 12-01-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Good pricing honestly for such a great car. Tough to find 07s below the 50K mark (but if you have time and patience maybe you will). So for $7K extra, you get 2 extra yrs of warranty, knowing the car is new and no questionmarks about use/abuse prior, and 0.9% financing. IMO worth considering (especially when looked at on a percentage basis LOL)

Old 12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
doc i see you have both an rs4 and an e39 m5...i have the latter, am i crazy for thinking of switching to the former?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by cohenfive
doc i see you have both an rs4 and an e39 m5...i have the latter, am i crazy for thinking of switching to the former?
Yes you are sick. And their is only one pill that will cure your condition - buy an RS4! Seriously, you will love it. Side effects - may leave you drowsy and you may experience severe withdrawal if not seen daily! LOL

I find myself driving the RS way more than the ///M (which is actually faster given the plethora of mods). And it's not even winter yet! I hardly believe this statement myself, but it is true!

Long live Quattro GmbH!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:16 AM
euro400 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Yes you are sick. And their is only one pill that will cure your condition - buy an RS4! Seriously, you will love it. Side effects - may leave you drowsy and you may experience severe withdrawal if not seen daily! LOL

I find myself driving the RS way more than the ///M (which is actually faster given the plethora of mods). And it's not even winter yet! I hardly believe this statement myself, but it is true!

Long live Quattro GmbH!
I guess i can give a few inputs here too:
You can not find a better dd than the rs4. I love it love it love it. I fortunately own both 08 e60 m5 and 08 Ibis white rs4, both of which are manual. I have had the rs4 for over one year and m5 for three months. Intially i was very happy with the power of the M car especially with the M buttom. However after the initial rush, i found myself drive the rs4 more often than the M. It fells PERPECT. I know its a very strong statement but i have a few dd cars but this rs4 is above them all.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 AM
mose55 is infamous around these parts
Have had my 08 for a year and love it as a DD...didn't really consider the others since I like the looks of it more than the MB (too boy racer-ish) or M3 (too common), the interior fit/finish/feel is no comparison, I like the sound way better than the M3 (C63 sounds pretty good too), and the AWD is the icing on the cake.

My only problem is that my wife is pressing me to sell it since I got a new tow vehicle for the P-car and she is not digging me having 3 cars. So if anyone is interested in an 08 with 14k miles on it, send a PM .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the RS4, need help.