Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinions on the RS4, need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mose55
Have had my 08 for a year and love it as a DD...didn't really consider the others since I like the looks of it more than the MB (too boy racer-ish) or M3 (too common), the interior fit/finish/feel is no comparison, I like the sound way better than the M3 (C63 sounds pretty good too), and the AWD is the icing on the cake.

My only problem is that my wife is pressing me to sell it since I got a new tow vehicle for the P-car and she is not digging me having 3 cars. So if anyone is interested in an 08 with 14k miles on it, send a PM .
plus your rs4 is mugello, my favorite color! gl with the sale...

Old 12-06-2008, 08:18 PM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
Ive driven both the RS4 and new M3. I own a 2004 S4 with a full exhaust. Honestly, at this altitude (Colorado), the RS4 was completely disappointing in straight line acceleration. It felt the same as my S4. The M3 was definitely more fun there. It still felt slightly disappointing.

The RS4 definitely handled better than my S4 with its stock suspension, however, the S4 handles great for daily driving. So, after all this, if you need the AWD due to weather, besides the looks and the better seats and better rear-end rotation during the twisties, the RS4 is not that much better than an S4. I wouldn't spend the extra money (and didn't).

The M3 seems like a nicer car to pimp if you don't have snow and mountains to deal with =)

Old 12-07-2008, 09:47 PM
jpohl402 is infamous around these partsjpohl402 is infamous around these parts
Smoke-
you thought the new M3 is a monster? that car is weak performance wise.....
so is RS4, but I would rather buy the Audi!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 AM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jpohl402
Smoke-
you thought the new M3 is a monster? that car is weak performance wise.....
so is RS4, but I would rather buy the Audi!
If you were referencing my post I actually said they were both disappointing, but the M3 had more power in a straight line at this altitude.

Actually, I think the RS4 should feel like what the current R8 feels like acceleration wise. It just doesn't =(

Old 12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
jpohl402 is infamous around these partsjpohl402 is infamous around these parts
No Imola -
Smoke, the topic starter and original poster. See first page.......

Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by jpohl402
No Imola -
Smoke, the topic starter and original poster. See first page.......
LOL, forgot about that =)

Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 PM
sprinter is infamous around these parts
I have both an E92 M3, white/black, launch edition,(every known option), and a 2007 Audi RS4, Misano red / black, also every option. Both are great cars, but the RS4 is the better daily driver. Easier to drive and as others have said, better shifter. In the winter theres no question. I have dedicated rims and Dunlop Wintersport snow tires from Tire Rack and they are fantastic in the snow, plus excellent handling in the dry.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:35 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I obviously love the audi lineup...but the e92 m3 and e60 m5 are FANTASTIC in the wet...in fact, some of the best cars I have ever driven in the wet. Of course the audi has more grip, but dont let that fact alone scare you...I went through winter with the m5 and had no problems. That said, you need to know how to handle a car with power in the rain...but...

That said...the rs4 is such an awesome car and I though about getting one rather than my s8...but uh...guess you see where I went with that huh...

Old 12-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
I'm considering an RS4, I need AWD for these winters..