Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEW B8 S4 Revealed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 03:11 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
One more thing. The thing that amazes me is that it will not be faster than a 335i/xi. What is Audi thinking? The 335i is VERY cheap to mod also so it wont even be faster modded and the 335i. Do they realize the new M3 is over 400hp and will hit sixty in 4.2-4.4 seconds and walk it on the track as well? This car is going to be closer in price to an M3 than a 335i. I just dont get it. This esplains why Audi cant GIVE cars away (other than the a5/s5/R8) and last year than BMW sold more pre-owned cars than Audi did new cars. I am happy though because I sell BMW and the more Audi keeps ****ing up the better for me. Audi is in big trouble because of ideas like this. They can only blame themselves for failure in the US market.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
audiprotein is infamous around these parts
Lets wait till it comes out to see how really fast it is. B8 a4 is faster than an s5 on the track. So b8 s4 will be even faster due to bigger engine/newawd system/weight distribution

Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 PM
AussieRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
One more thing. The thing that amazes me is that it will not be faster than a 335i/xi. What is Audi thinking? The 335i is VERY cheap to mod also so it wont even be faster modded and the 335i. Do they realize the new M3 is over 400hp and will hit sixty in 4.2-4.4 seconds and walk it on the track as well? This car is going to be closer in price to an M3 than a 335i. I just dont get it. This esplains why Audi cant GIVE cars away (other than the a5/s5/R8) and last year than BMW sold more pre-owned cars than Audi did new cars. I am happy though because I sell BMW and the more Audi keeps ****ing up the better for me. Audi is in big trouble because of ideas like this. They can only blame themselves for failure in the US market.
Yes,
Audi's do cost more, though the average annual income for an Audi owner is shown to be higher than that of the bmw driver. So what if the B8 S4 will more than the 335? It won't be by much, once loaded and once the car deflates after the introduction. Also, I'd pay more to drive an Audi than a bmw.
Finally,
what makes you so sure the 335 will beat the B8 s4? Audi says it will do 0-100kms in 5.1, faster than the current 335, which bmw puts at 5.6. I know there is room to argue, some sources put the 335 faster, but the same can be applied to the new s4. Therefore, until proven wrong, S4 will be faster.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Nobita is infamous around these parts
what a disappointment. I loved my B7 S4, but this feels like a step back....sigh

Old 09-28-2008, 01:43 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
last year than BMW sold more pre-owned cars than Audi did new cars
This is a moronic statement. Everyone sells more preowned cars than new cars... 1 generation vs many. There are simply more of them.

BMW sold more cars than Audi... Good for them. I like not seeing my car every six seconds.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by RSAudi
Yes,
Audi's do cost more, though the average annual income for an Audi owner is shown to be higher than that of the bmw driver. So what if the B8 S4 will more than the 335? It won't be by much, once loaded and once the car deflates after the introduction. Also, I'd pay more to drive an Audi than a bmw.
Finally,
what makes you so sure the 335 will beat the B8 s4? Audi says it will do 0-100kms in 5.1, faster than the current 335, which bmw puts at 5.6. I know there is room to argue, some sources put the 335 faster, but the same can be applied to the new s4. Therefore, until proven wrong, S4 will be faster.
The 335i once modded is already much faster then this Car I have less then 1500 in mods in my car and I'm making 375~WHP this Audi due to its supercharger design will need a whole lot of mods to get that number maybe even a New Blower or a NOS kit. Turbo> Supercharger anyday of the week. Audi should have just put the B5 S4 Powerplant back in this car and called it a day, it would have been MUCH better then this weak sauce motor. Also they should have made it look more aggressive because it doesn't really look any more different from a standard S4 like others have said. I'm willing to bet a stock 335 will rock this car also btw "0-60 in 5.6" according to who a grandma driver? I dunno personally this Audi is about 70hp short from being OK in that category

Old 09-28-2008, 02:29 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Cant wait to see the RS4, this is too tame.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jmoney
The 335i once modded is already much faster then this Car I have less then 1500 in mods in my car and I'm making 375~WHP this Audi due to its supercharger design will need a whole lot of mods to get that number maybe even a New Blower or a NOS kit. Turbo> Supercharger anyday of the week. Audi should have just put the B5 S4 Powerplant back in this car and called it a day, it would have been MUCH better then this weak sauce motor. Also they should have made it look more aggressive because it doesn't really look any more different from a standard S4 like others have said. I'm willing to bet a stock 335 will rock this car also btw "0-60 in 5.6" according to who a grandma driver? I dunno personally this Audi is about 70hp short from being OK in that category

The BMW has proven to be unreliable when *chipping*... it also affects warranty and you better be aware of that... overheating is also an issue as they are using a small turbo...

what is audi thinking? well... lets say they want to offer people a sedan with space that can be used in the winter with *thrust vectoring* 4WD technology... with a supercharged motor and 7 gears you can bet your dollar that the new S4 will be faster than a 335i... let along a 335xi... and as always... the audi will ride better via adjustable suspension via ****pit... the 335i falls on its face in 4th gear... if you look at the ratio for 4th gear its very tall and that's where it loses races... the current S4 and new S4 don't sacrifice tall gearing for 4th 5th and 6th... even the current v8 S4 maybe isn't that fast off the line... but on a roll on from 3rd and then to 4th and beyond = bye bye BMW.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
--- Walked away from an M3 SMG that a buddy was driving yesterday through 4th and 5th, so I can't imagine the 335xi keeping up --- That said, I was trying to keep up with a modified 996 911T and that wasn't happening.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by StorminS4
--- Walked away from an M3 SMG that a buddy was driving yesterday through 4th and 5th, so I can't imagine the 335xi keeping up --- That said, I was trying to keep up with a modified 996 911T and that wasn't happening.
the S4 is a faaast in 4th and beyond... good gear ratios... I've driven both and the S4 has a better ride for a daily... now the new S4 really impresses on paper... lets see how it actually performs when it is thoroughly tested...

Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by C70Pete
The BMW has proven to be unreliable when *chipping*... it also affects warranty and you better be aware of that... overheating is also an issue as they are using a small turbo...

what is audi thinking? well... lets say they want to offer people a sedan with space that can be used in the winter with *thrust vectoring* 4WD technology... with a supercharged motor and 7 gears you can bet your dollar that the new S4 will be faster than a 335i... let along a 335xi... and as always... the audi will ride better via adjustable suspension via ****pit... the 335i falls on its face in 4th gear... if you look at the ratio for 4th gear its very tall and that's where it loses races... the current S4 and new S4 don't sacrifice tall gearing for 4th 5th and 6th... even the current v8 S4 maybe isn't that fast off the line... but on a roll on from 3rd and then to 4th and beyond = bye bye BMW.
That's funny since this is my Second 335 and the last one I had I raped to death up to 50,000 miles with no Problems (w/~16psi tune). And the new one so far 3500miles this month no problems. All my friends don't have major problems with their 335's. I dunno maybe you heard a story or two from your friends dads co-workers ex-bosses cousin who had a problem and somehow that convinced you that the 335 is problematic lol . So anyway as far as the 4th gear thing I dunno what broken 335's you've ran but if you look up my old videos I've posted Um I've raped Stock RS4, E63's, E55's, Rand Door to Door with 7-speed SMG M5's is No problem all the way till I slam into the top Speed limiter (No 0-80 BS), 4th Gear is my BEST gear. But maybe I can race a new MODDED S4 (Since stock is too weak and not fair) and they can pay me for my time when I win so I can buy more mods since supposdley Most Audi drivers make more money then BMW Drivers and all.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 AM
jg08 is infamous around these parts
Nice engine but the exterior is boring.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jmoney
That's funny since this is my Second 335 and the last one I had I raped to death up to 50,000 miles with no Problems (w/~16psi tune). And the new one so far 3500miles this month no problems. All my friends don't have major problems with their 335's. I dunno maybe you heard a story or two from your friends dads co-workers ex-bosses cousin who had a problem and somehow that convinced you that the 335 is problematic lol . So anyway as far as the 4th gear thing I dunno what broken 335's you've ran but if you look up my old videos I've posted Um I've raped Stock RS4, E63's, E55's, Rand Door to Door with 7-speed SMG M5's is No problem all the way till I slam into the top Speed limiter (No 0-80 BS), 4th Gear is my BEST gear. But maybe I can race a new MODDED S4 (Since stock is too weak and not fair) and they can pay me for my time when I win so I can buy more mods since supposdley Most Audi drivers make more money then BMW Drivers and all.
BMW still figuring out how to build a reliable turbo engine ... the 335i just came out 2 years ago and you already put 50,000 miles on it? how come you didn't keep it... turbo problems?

I raced a VISHNU tuned 335i @ Mosport in my porsche... fast car... but you know what... he was having problems.... too high a boost for that car to run even a 20-30 min track sessions... oil temps through the roof... in the strait aways we were dead even.. on top end... in the corners... bye bye...

your lucky to have gotteon 50,000 miles out of that engine... sell it to the next sucker

Old 09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
slow and overpriced...

Old 09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by C70Pete
BMW still figuring out how to build a reliable turbo engine ... the 335i just came out 2 years ago and you already put 50,000 miles on it? how come you didn't keep it... turbo problems?

I raced a VISHNU tuned 335i @ Mosport in my porsche... fast car... but you know what... he was having problems.... too high a boost for that car to run even a 20-30 min track sessions... oil temps through the roof... in the strait aways we were dead even.. on top end... in the corners... bye bye...

your lucky to have gotteon 50,000 miles out of that engine... sell it to the next sucker
I agree Vishnu is trash as a tune and I wouldn't put that on my car for free but that is a bad tune not a bad Engine (which by the way was Overall International Engine of the year Twice) with my Current tune not only does it eat the Vishnu trash but the car runs on less boost and makes more power. Also I didn't get rid of my last one because of problems I got rid of it because I was going to buy a Porsche and then changed my mind later. So I ended up buying another 335 also I wanted the Red interior and the Automatic tranny instead of Manual in my last one.Either way BMW > Audi

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW B8 S4 Revealed.