Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEW B8 S4 Revealed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by C70Pete
BMW still figuring out how to build a reliable turbo engine ... the 335i just came out 2 years ago and you already put 50,000 miles on it? how come you didn't keep it... turbo problems?

I raced a VISHNU tuned 335i @ Mosport in my porsche... fast car... but you know what... he was having problems.... too high a boost for that car to run even a 20-30 min track sessions... oil temps through the roof... in the strait aways we were dead even.. on top end... in the corners... bye bye...

your lucky to have gotteon 50,000 miles out of that engine... sell it to the next sucker
hmm I didn't realize VISHNU was a trash tune.. what kind of tune do you have... how is the DINAN tune?

the 335 is a lot of car for what it is... but if you need a daily with 4 doors and 4WD then the new audi s4 is superior to any 4wd bmw.... but let see how fast it is when it comes out... especially with the 7 speed transmission DSG which > BMW slushbox.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by C70Pete
hmm I didn't realize VISHNU was a trash tune.. what kind of tune do you have... how is the DINAN tune?

the 335 is a lot of car for what it is... but if you need a daily with 4 doors and 4WD then the new audi s4 is superior to any 4wd bmw.... but let see how fast it is when it comes out... especially with the 7 speed transmission DSG which > BMW slushbox.
I have the Burger Motorsports Juicebox Tune. Its far superior in every way to the Vishnu Procede, and I know what your talking about the 4th gear problem that's the Vishnu Procede not the motor because when I race Vishnu cars (even with more mods then my car) Once I hit 4th gear I pull at least a car almost instantly and from there on its just a constant pull after that. Also BMW is installing their own DSG gearbox in the Non-M cars as well next year. But like you said we'll see what happens with the S4 when it gets here I just dont see how much faster then the current one it will be since its down on HP and slightly up on Tourqe and I really dont think the 7-speed is going help that much. When I had my B7 S4 25th Anniversary It didn't even feel nearly as fast or handle as well as my E60 545i (so I got rid of the S4). I can't speak on the Dinan Tune I've never driven a car with one or Raced one however I know the power/tourqe isn't compareable to the Juicebox tune or most tunes for that matter. The only thin it has over the other tunes is the Warranty which isn't even a Real BMW warranty anyway you don't keep your warranty you get another one from Dinan Big difference. However with the Juicebox it's Undetectable even with the Newer ECU's with the so called "Tuner Protection" And its completly plug and play. For 1/3 the price of the Dinan all you have to do is Unlplug go in for service and plug it back in afterwards takes 10 minutes to do.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know... I have a C-AMG in my driveway and a 25Q S4 as well. Owning both at the same time, I BARELY every drive the Benz. I've been working on it leaving my household, and buying another S4 to modify.

I drove a 335i, and I realized one thing about the car. No matter how fast it is in the dry, I live in Seattle and it rains/snows all winter. In SoCal, the 335i might have been considered. Here it wasn't an option.

As for third/fourth/fifth... Lets see how well it does when the car comes out. Arguing on the internet is a phenomenal waste of time concerning a car that hasn't been sold yet.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jmoney
I have the Burger Motorsports Juicebox Tune. Its far superior in every way to the Vishnu Procede, and I know what your talking about the 4th gear problem that's the Vishnu Procede not the motor because when I race Vishnu cars (even with more mods then my car) Once I hit 4th gear I pull at least a car almost instantly and from there on its just a constant pull after that. Also BMW is installing their own DSG gearbox in the Non-M cars as well next year. But like you said we'll see what happens with the S4 when it gets here I just dont see how much faster then the current one it will be since its down on HP and slightly up on Tourqe and I really dont think the 7-speed is going help that much. When I had my B7 S4 25th Anniversary It didn't even feel nearly as fast or handle as well as my E60 545i (so I got rid of the S4). I can't speak on the Dinan Tune I've never driven a car with one or Raced one however I know the power/tourqe isn't compareable to the Juicebox tune or most tunes for that matter. The only thin it has over the other tunes is the Warranty which isn't even a Real BMW warranty anyway you don't keep your warranty you get another one from Dinan Big difference. However with the Juicebox it's Undetectable even with the Newer ECU's with the so called "Tuner Protection" And its completly plug and play. For 1/3 the price of the Dinan all you have to do is Unlplug go in for service and plug it back in afterwards takes 10 minutes to do.
good to know...

if audi spaces the 7 gears properly it will make a big difference.. taller gear ratios sacrifice performance... as in the 4th gear of the 335i... so if they space them out correctly as they did on the 8 speed Lexus IS-F the car will be a rocket.... I'm curious to see the gear ratios for BMW's DCT 7 speed tranny....

Old 10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
grp
grp is infamous around these parts
very nice