Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEW B8 S4 Revealed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:31 PM
michaeldorian is infamous around these partsmichaeldorian is infamous around these parts
Old 09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
I guess we already knew it was going to be supercharged, but a turbo charger would have been awesome.

I have a feeling the car will be pretty tunable, I wouldn't be surprised to see cars with 400hp with bolt ons only.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
400+ will be easily achieved with bolt-ons and a reflash.

I'm going to predict doom and gloom for engine reliability when upgrading the pulley. That was one of the nice things about reflashing to bump the power on a turbo car. You could just turn it off and the warranty was suddenly valid again.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:54 PM
frap is infamous around these parts
The engine is awesome!!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 PM
jerrym is infamous around these parts
nice...

Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 PM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
Specs look good, just wish the exterior was a tad sportier looking..

Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 PM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Nice engine. The looks also are awesome.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
It's good that this model can be easily tuned compared with the previous generations.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:53 AM
AussieRS is infamous around these parts
The B8 S4 looks awesome. A nice increase in torque, LED head/tails(!), and finally something to compete with the 335. I definitely like the idea of a tunable V6 rather than the 4.2V8 in the b7. If the B8 RS4 doesn't come stateside, than I will definitely get one of these.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Myallroad is infamous around these parts
MPG is up too. Looks awesome and its faster and cleaner and better quattro system. All around gonna be a sweet car. when you are getting 29+ mpg in a supercharged car with 30% less co2 then the previous version... you are doing something right.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
There will be no "29+ MPG" days achieved in that car...That's a lot like the 25MPG number in the B7 S4. I can count on one hand the number of people getting that mileage.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Myallroad is infamous around these parts
Well i know that. but im just saying... all companies throw out those numbers in perfect situations, but its still higher so thats a plus. If i had it i would be around 29 mpg for ten minutes and 7 mpg there after.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:36 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i'm pretty interested in this car in a couple of years as a replacement for my aging but still fantastic e39 m5...i've considered the s5 but without a 'real' sunroof that car is out for me....i love the dsg and think it's a great compromise for those who have wives or other reasons for not wanting to get a stick. yes it could be more powerful but i think we are going to see many of the performance car companies going this route--instead of more and more power, targeting similar power with better fuel efficiency. i applaud audi for taking this step. from what i see, my only issue is with the 18 inch wheels which look pretty boring to me..otherwise, inside and out this looks interesting.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
no turbos, no care .....

im sure with some software upgrades + headers + exhaust + pulleys = 400 HP

Old 09-27-2008, 03:06 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Cool looking but the supercharger is a disaapoitment. They should have gone turbo like BMW. It really does not look any different than the regualr A4. Which is not a bad thing trust me. The A4 is one of the hottest four doors based on looks alone IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW B8 S4 Revealed.