Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 V10 Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JZRS4
The R8 is going to be made along with the new R10. It will not be called R8 with a V10 badge!
The R8 will come down a bit in price and other variations of the R8 will hit the market as well.
This is Audi's way and its a good thing!!!

I am so glad I have the first one coming

And even happier I bought the RS4 instead of the R8 and put my money with the R10.

Now if they would only bring the RS6 to the states and drop the new RS4!

So am I reading this right?

You would rather drive an RS4 than and R8?

If you say that then you have never driven an R8!!

Ice

Old 12-11-2008, 04:34 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ice's 996tt Cab
So am I reading this right?

You would rather drive an RS4 than and R8?

If you say that then you have never driven an R8!!

Ice
I think what he's saying is that he saved money by skipping the R8 and go straight to R10 from his RS4.

People that have never driven the R8 will have no idea how balance and effortless this car actually is. Bigger displacement doesn't mean better. But if that's the case than one should just wait for their V12 Turbos.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
The R8 is going to be made along with the new R10. It will not be called R8 with a V10 badge!
Yes it will and already has been.

Also, if it's a matter or saving money, yeah, I guess you win. However, the R8 is much better than the RS4 and when it comes to $150K cars, I don't see money being a big concern. Buy it, drive it for a couple years while the V10 is in development, swap when it's available. That seems to be what the majority of R8 owners are doing,

Last edited by Pipper6speed; 12-11-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
skiS4fun is infamous around these parts
I'm already looking forward to Topgear's take on the R10.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned
1carnut is infamous around these parts
I am number 2 for this car on my dealers list, but lets be realistic, The LP560 has 552hp, and it destoyed a GT2 on the top gear test, so I doubt the R10 is going to be able to keep up with it. I am a fan of the R8 and I think Audi has come a long way, and I hope that the rumors that this car may not come are false. When ferrari sells 92 cars in November, and is going to llay off 300 workers you know things are getting bad in the high end sports car world. and at 180K Audi is in a very new territory.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
I don't really get Audi's strategy here, won't this cannibalize gallardo sales when its basically the same chassis/same engine? How is it a better daily driver than the gallardo when the specs are nearly identical? Reliability, comfort, size, interior space, etc should be 99% the same for both cars.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by 1carnut
I am number 2 for this car on my dealers list, but lets be realistic, The LP560 has 552hp, and it destoyed a GT2 on the top gear test, so I doubt the R10 is going to be able to keep up with it. I am a fan of the R8 and I think Audi has come a long way, and I hope that the rumors that this car may not come are false. When ferrari sells 92 cars in November, and is going to llay off 300 workers you know things are getting bad in the high end sports car world. and at 180K Audi is in a very new territory.
You must not have watched the next episode or maybe the end of it, because they gave the 911 time and it was identical.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tuskir
I don't really get Audi's strategy here, won't this cannibalize gallardo sales when its basically the same chassis/same engine? How is it a better daily driver than the gallardo when the specs are nearly identical? Reliability, comfort, size, interior space, etc should be 99% the same for both cars.
Suspension is superior in the R8 thanks to the mag, the seats can be more comfortable depending on which you choose, and the handling characteristics are just better in general.

Far superior for daily driving? No. Superior? Yes. I'd have no problem driving both though, as both are great cars.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Banned
1carnut is infamous around these parts
I saw it, and I meant the end to end race. The fact that the 560 did so well on the track against the GT2 amazed me since the GT2 is more of a track car.

Originally Posted by wedouglas
You must not have watched the next episode or maybe the end of it, because they gave the 911 time and it was identical.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:57 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wedouglas
Yes it will and already has been.

Also, if it's a matter or saving money, yeah, I guess you win. However, the R8 is much better than the RS4 and when it comes to $150K cars, I don't see money being a big concern. Buy it, drive it for a couple years while the V10 is in development, swap when it's available. That seems to be what the majority of R8 owners are doing,
Not me, I bought a 997 TT and love seeing all the R8's in my rear view LOL

My Rs4 is my winter boat, and I love it to death. Its the perfect car. If my dog could ride shot gun in the R8 I would drive it in the winter, but he can't so its bumped to my 3rd car spot. When the R10 comes out it will be fun and I will enjoy it, its still not an RS6 and its still not going to beat my 997 TT. Something tells me Audi will change the rules of the game like they always do.

Audi screwed the pooch by offering the same power plant in the R8 and RS4, they know it and smart buyers know it. As fun as the R8 is, its not a better performer then the RS and the you can buy 2 for the price of the R8. Audi made the smart idiot proof decision by giving us the V10. If this market continues, which by all accounts it will no one will be buying new cars for a premium. I see a red F430 in my future for under 140K

Old 12-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
i'm always amazed at how much posturing goes on in online forums - it's like grown **** dudes acting like hs kids about the toys they now own because back in the day they were super dorks that never got attn from girls. and it still continues into adulthood because they just don't know how to act.

all these cars perform, period. they're all awesome examples. period.

anyways, this new V10 R8 looks better than the V8 R8. i always felt the R8 with the V8 was not all there given how aggressive and freshly designed the car truly is in this landscape of non-daring designs like the 911 (blessing and curse that vw bug shape).

the grills and details look a bit bland but audi freshened it up just right with this new 10 cyl version. i'd love to see it lowered on a set of Y spoke 20" wheels. i never complain about factory wheels because factory wheels always pale in comparison to what the aftermarket offers (especially in the vanity dept). with that said, apples to apples, these more daring wheels look much better than the stale 5 spokes on the R88.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Not me, I bought a 997 TT and love seeing all the R8's in my rear view LOL

My Rs4 is my winter boat, and I love it to death. Its the perfect car. If my dog could ride shot gun in the R8 I would drive it in the winter, but he can't so its bumped to my 3rd car spot. When the R10 comes out it will be fun and I will enjoy it, its still not an RS6 and its still not going to beat my 997 TT. Something tells me Audi will change the rules of the game like they always do.

Audi screwed the pooch by offering the same power plant in the R8 and RS4, they know it and smart buyers know it. As fun as the R8 is, its not a better performer then the RS and the you can buy 2 for the price of the R8. Audi made the smart idiot proof decision by giving us the V10. If this market continues, which by all accounts it will no one will be buying new cars for a premium. I see a red F430 in my future for under 140K
You clearly have never done anything other than mash the accelerator in the R8 because it is superior to the 997TT and the RS4 in just about everything other than straight acceleration.

And while you may enjoy seeing R8's in your rear view, I can't imagine the pain of seeing a herd of 997's to your left, right, front, and behind. Great cars, but far too diluted. CGT or bust.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
i'm always amazed at how much posturing goes on in online forums - it's like grown **** dudes acting like hs kids about the toys they now own because back in the day they were super dorks that never got attn from girls. and it still continues into adulthood because they just don't know how to act.

all these cars perform, period. they're all awesome examples. period.

anyways, this new V10 R8 looks better than the V8 R8. i always felt the R8 with the V8 was not all there given how aggressive and freshly designed the car truly is in this landscape of non-daring designs like the 911 (blessing and curse that vw bug shape).

the grills and details look a bit bland but audi freshened it up just right with this new 10 cyl version. i'd love to see it lowered on a set of Y spoke 20" wheels. i never complain about factory wheels because factory wheels always pale in comparison to what the aftermarket offers (especially in the vanity dept). with that said, apples to apples, these more daring wheels look much better than the stale 5 spokes on the R88.

Ben, not sure how many guys are or were dorks, but the gist of his statements were and repetaed that the rS4 is just as good as the R8 and he should wait for the V10. I have no problem with anyone waiting for any car they want , but to compare the rS4 to the R8 is assinine. I own a heavily modded 996tt and see many 997 turbo's in my window MANY!!! but that doesn't mean my car is better, does it? All it means is it is faster. I also own a R8 and let me tell you the only thing my Turbo has on the R8 is speed and that being said the ride is totoally different. The R8 is an amzing car and out performs my turbo on almost all levels except speed. the v10 will be the bomb!! I can't wait to trade my R8 in and get the v10, but in the meantime I will drive an amazing automobile. Just my 2 cents.

Ice

Old 12-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
dayumm