Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi R8 Convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Audi R8 Convertible

Ok guys don't make fun of me. I'm a Ferrari/Porsche owner and don't know squat about the Audi's or the R8. They are cool looking and that's what I know.

Is there much info on a Convertible? When they might be coming out? If they are coming out? My sister's getting an R8 and I don't have any info on whether or not she could possibly get one.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
not so sure how an R8 would look convertible?! haven't heard anything that they will be coming out with one how they don't

Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM
TurboA4udi is infamous around these parts
I myself have seen quite a bit of chatter on the net about a possible convertible but the official word I got from our dealer principal is that there is nothing coming down the pipeline. The pictures I've seen are definitely interesting to say the least but I'd be happy if they kept it as a purebred...

Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
so i decided to look online and I'll i could find is a possible late 09' european release which means 6 months behind that for the States. Doesn't look great to me but the R8 is a good looking car. Probably looks much better with the top down

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...roadster_spied

Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
I think it's possible to see a cab version...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
It's coming. Probably about 6 months after the V10, so about a year from now at least in the US. There are tons of pictures of the mule driving around. Just Google for it.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
I think it'll look nice, especially top down.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Showstopper is infamous around these parts
I think that would be awesome...especially for southern cali weather! Can't go wrong with a drop top beauty...

Old 01-25-2009, 01:52 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Yep, a lot of chatter about it but nothing officially released.
I'll hold my comments until I see the final version - not sure how they're going to adapt the blade.

Happy hunting, Mark.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Showstopper
I think that would be awesome...especially for southern cali weather! Can't go wrong with a drop top beauty...
showstopper I like your taste in car colors. the only way to fly in my opinion but some in the nw might say I'm a bit biased to white

Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
^ not at all

Old 01-26-2009, 08:25 AM
spooky is infamous around these parts
with the top down, it just makes the R8 body look longer IMO. i'd rather have a targa top option.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 AM
^ agreed, a Targa option would fit the car much better.
That's actually what it says in the "leaked -2012 audi rollout" thread.
Removable hardtop panel that fits into trunk a la CGT... sweet...

Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
It's def happening, and most likely will see our shores. For the people that don't like the side blade - the 'vert won't have one. It depends on how bad things get here in the US, if the crisis deepens Audi may hold out on introducnig it here, the small numbers may not justify it.

Granted it's a different car, but the RS4 'vert has not been much of a success. Despite only 200 imported, brand new ones are discounted by an excess of $20K and are still on dealer showroom floors...

Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
It's def happening, and most likely will see our shores. For the people that don't like the side blade - the 'vert won't have one. It depends on how bad things get here in the US, if the crisis deepens Audi may hold out on introducnig it here, the small numbers may not justify it.

Granted it's a different car, but the RS4 'vert has not been much of a success. Despite only 200 imported, brand new ones are discounted by an excess of $20K and are still on dealer showroom floors...

I just looked at that RS4 Convertible (vert is that what you mean?) and they are sitting on dealer floors because they are ugly. It's a girl car look with a big engine. What woman would spend extra cash on an engine?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 Convertible