Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealers around here have their heads in the clouds...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
well if you want german, you can get a pretty loaded up m3 for about 60k. if you are willing to look used, a mint e60 m5 is going to be at or below 60k....possibly way below. you could also go a different direction and get a maserati qportte for below 60k...there is at least one of those for sale on this site. there are just too many fantastic cars in that price range, the audi needs to be below the m3 to be competitive imo.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
vvacr is infamous around these parts
Forgot to mention... I have no need for big saloons, looking for something small, light on it's feet, and fun! The M3 is a possibility, but I'm just not that big a fan of its looks.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:13 PM
CPB
CPB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vvacr
Yea the Audi is cut from the list... I'm open to suggestions for all other cars used or new in or around the 60-70k price range though, so suggestions are definitely welcome!

'06--'07--'08 CPO'd 911. Lots to choose from with low miles.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
In an economy like this, $70K is a ton of money to pay. As much as I love the RS4, given where things are, that's too much money. I am about to go to the Manheim auction pretty soon, and following prices an 07 997 TT can be had for that!

As cohenfive said, mid $50s is max what you ought to pay, especially for a car that is defunct )has been of over 6 months) and other competitors slashing prices. To answer your question, if it is indeed Ice Silver it is an audi Exclusive color and the sticker price should reflect a ~$3K add-on (which makes their price concession seem bigger, but still unattractive).

I like the S5 as well, but there is no comparison when it comes to performance. I too was on the fence before I bought the RS and am glad I did. Keep in mind next yr's S5 with move from the current NA v8 to the S/Ced 3.0. I personally would take the V8, unless you are thinking of mods where the S/C will give you lots more options. However if you want exclusivity, my experience is for every 10 S5's I see I spot an RS4 (and that figure growing as S5s are being and will be rolled out for a while...)

Old 02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Thumbs up

So guys, I couldn't resist... I came in to tell the boys at Audi I had found something else and after talking for a few minutes, they made me an offer I could not ignore. (i'm sure its not that great for this market, but this car is just worth the amount to me) I guess I'll mention what I paid, just to get people's opinions/criticisms, but I am extremely happy with the car from the drive home... it feels like a very well made tank. (I won't be driving it any faster than one for the first 1500 miles either) The deal they made me was the car with the audi maintenance 5 year dealy + the wheel and tire insurance for 62. (+ taxes and all, which brought it up to over 67 ) Its definitely the color and options that made me so attracted to the thing, I wouldn't have looked twice at any other rs4 at these prices... this one just did it for me unlike any of the other cars I've driven and looked at. I'll post pics once it's nice and bright outside. I'd like to thank you folks for all your thoughts and opinions; if I hadn't gone in there today ready to walk out of the deal there's no way I would've gotten a price I was willing to pay.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i don't give a hoot what you paid, but i am not happy that you haven't posted pictures...hey i know chicago weather stinks but they do have some daylight there even in the winter....although not all that much....

enjoy the car, at the end of the day who cares what we think as long as you are pleased. so what color combo did you end up getting anyway?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Actually snapped a couple pics in the parking lot before going to get some groceries, just need to upload them real quick I got the only one that was spec'd well in my eyes. It's ice silver with the titanium package and premium package as well as cf interior trim. I still have to go back to get the Ipod adapter swapped in for the 6cd changer, but I'll probably need it detailed by then anyway with these roads. :P That's one of the other things that sold me on the thing... free detailing for life, paired with the maintanence package and standard warranty, and the tire/rim protection. I figured it'll be a huge relief to have all that stuff covered in a few months.

Last edited by vvacr; 02-09-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Agghhhh! The 2nd pic turned out blurry, my autofocus is broken and I forgot to adjust it when I backed out... This should do for now though, I don't think I need to say that the pics don't do it justice, but they rarely ever do when taken by a novice. :X

Last edited by vvacr; 02-09-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by cohenfive
not to be critical, but imo you guys aren't paying attention to where rs4's are really trading, when they are that is....there hasn't been a bid on ebay for a used one out of the 40's for a while now, and new ones shouldn't trade even close to $60k. if you offer that much or more you are just paying an above market price, pure and simple. that's no big deal if you don't mind paying above market, but i would never do so. if you do your homework you will find that the last two confirmed new sales (socal dealer with new cars on ebay) that i know about were the following: new, mugello blue 08 with ti and prem packages sold for $57.4k (17k below msrp), new, black with ti, prem and exclusive packages traded for $59k (about 19k below msrp). there's a local dealer that has a new blue ti/premium that was keyed and repaired, and he can't sell it for $19k below so far....

and these sales were at least a month ago and prices are lower now, and even if new the rs4 is a one year old car now anyway.

i'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying one, but if i had the cash i would not be paying more than $55k for a new one with prem package. anyway, that's my view. good luck and go get a deal!
Very well said!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
Beautiful - congrats RS4 comrade! Forget about price and what people have to say about that - at the end it's only money, right! LOL What matters is your heart is filled with joy and you got a great car which you will enjoy hopefully trouble and accident free for many years to come.

If you open a ear and listen to anyone that tells you this car is not worth the price, or you should have bought an S4 for $20K less or whatever else criticism may come your way - it will only tarnish what should be true joy. The color is great, def an Audi exclusive, which likely pushed the sticker price originally to 77+K, so your 15+K discount is right around par for the current course.

Just post some pics before I start lashing at you. LOL

Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the kind words, I'm working on the pics right now. I definitely need to get a Euro steering wheel asap, it makes such a huge difference in the look and feel of the cabin. Did you have any trouble getting the one you bought put in and hooked up with the airbag and all? Is it a fairly easy swap?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM

AHH!! Attack of the garden hose!!

I'll get some pics of the front next time I back into the garage.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
you need some photo lessons dude???

Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey, I'm no photographer or anything, but I think two of those pics compliment the car's curves very well. :[ I'll try and get some better ones when its out of the garage one of these days, and take an interior pic with the window down :P (not enough room to open the door all the way... stupid shelves.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:17 PM
i hope you realize i'm just teasing you....sometimes things don't 'read' the way they are intended on the net.

that being said, what do you have your garden hose inside your brand spankin' new rs4 for anyway??? i can't imagine you are doing much garden watering this time of year. is that a volvo xc next to the rs4?

Last edited by cohenfive; 02-10-2009 at 02:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealers around here have their heads in the clouds...