Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealers around here have their heads in the clouds...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
vvacr is infamous around these parts
It's just a reflection because I didn't take the extra couple seconds to put the window down. :P The current neighbor in the garage is a 09 CR-V EX-L, my mom's car. (i'm home from school for a few days) Anywho, I took a wrong turn after leaving the bank and drove into a perfect photo op.

Stupid shutter speed and me forgetting to adjust it...

Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vvacr
Thanks for the kind words, I'm working on the pics right now. I definitely need to get a Euro steering wheel asap, it makes such a huge difference in the look and feel of the cabin. Did you have any trouble getting the one you bought put in and hooked up with the airbag and all? Is it a fairly easy swap?
Yes, the Euro steerng wheel is a must. GGranted, you lose the volume and phone functions (you still have them on the dash of course), but totally worth it. Diameter is slightly smaller, rim way thicker, forget about that pretzel-thin US wheel they gave us. Best place is TMTuning from Germany, cheapest price around and arives withing 2 weeks. you can get an A8 /TT bag from Ebay cheaply. Reprogramming is easy, especially if you have VAG COM, which I highly recommend you buy as it will let you do all kinds of optoins and clear fault codes without going to dealer. Wheel and exhaust are best mods I've done.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
looks fantastic, thanks for taking some outdoor shots. keep us posted as you get used to the car...

Old 02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Yes, the Euro steerng wheel is a must. GGranted, you lose the volume and phone functions (you still have them on the dash of course), but totally worth it. Diameter is slightly smaller, rim way thicker, forget about that pretzel-thin US wheel they gave us. Best place is TMTuning from Germany, cheapest price around and arives withing 2 weeks. you can get an A8 /TT bag from Ebay cheaply. Reprogramming is easy, especially if you have VAG COM, which I highly recommend you buy as it will let you do all kinds of optoins and clear fault codes without going to dealer. Wheel and exhaust are best mods I've done.
Sorry, but just to make sure I got this... I will need the following for the wheel swap:

the wheel
A8 or TT airbag (the one in the stock wheel can't come out/won't fit?)
and a VAG COM

I definitely can sacrifice the volume and phone functions, I haven't started using them yet and will just continue doing so. Exhaust and coilover are definitely on the list for something to get done when I transfer to a school in California in the fall, if the summer job goes well. I locked the bulk of the play money up so I won't get too carried away once the mod bug bites.
Originally Posted by cohenfive
looks fantastic, thanks for taking some outdoor shots. keep us posted as you get used to the car...
So far although I'm still definitely getting used to it, I feel very comfortable with the clutch; and the torque band is so wide... I love it!!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Forgot to mention... When I was at the dealership yesterday they had a v10 r8 being drained of fluids and prepped for the Chicago auto show. When they were bringing it into a service bay it sounded like a lambo and looked great; even the wheels which I didn't really like much in pictures.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Yes, you need:
Euro Wheel (TMT Tuning DE), you will reuse your stock harness so make sure you don't yank it out and tear it
A8 airbag (your current one won't do). Best source is Ebay or RS4 boards and take it from someone that has had it on theeir RS4. Used they go for $200-300, new about $880

Once you get the VAG COM I will give you the codes, a 5 min process, you need to go through the Telematics, Nav and Phone functions ands replace a numeric code so your Sport Button on the steering wheel will take over the function of the current S button on the dash (that no longer gets used).

Sorry, but just to make sure I got this... I will need the following for the wheel swap:

the wheel
A8 or TT airbag (the one in the stock wheel can't come out/won't fit?)
and a VAG COM

I definitely can sacrifice the volume and phone functions, I haven't started using them yet and will just continue doing so. Exhaust and coilover are definitely on the list for something to get done when I transfer to a school in California in the fall, if the summer job goes well. I locked the bulk of the play money up so I won't get too carried away once the mod bug bites.

So far although I'm still definitely getting used to it, I feel very comfortable with the clutch; and the torque band is so wide... I love it!!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll post an update when I order the wheel and all the other stuff.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Old 02-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Def not. You need the round airbag, along the lines of this one (caveat: but double check with yout dealer):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

There is only 1 place to buy Vag Com - from the guys that make it!

http://www.ross-tech.com/

Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Will the KEY-COM interface work just fine or should I go for the KII?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
996TT

I had an S4. The Porsche is just so much better. Only think you lose is a back seat and trunk space. But, it is way more fun..way.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Just call them up, you need the HEX+USB+CAN kit from what recall

Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Damn, $1200 just to get everything with this wheel setup. Going to need to put in the extra hours over the summer if I'm going to start down this road, haha.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Damn, $1200 just to get everything with this wheel setup. Going to need to put in the extra hours over the summer if I'm going to start down this road, haha.
I know, not cheap, but this ranks in the top 2 mods, trust me. This car was made for this wheel if you think about it! But be patient, you can get an oarbag really cheaply once people sell/put back their RS4. The wheel you should get new though.

You can sell your stock one so you'll recoup some of that.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
MattGold has a spectacular aura aboutMattGold has a spectacular aura aboutMattGold has a spectacular aura about
Congrads on the purchase... Beautiful car and shouldn't disappoint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealers around here have their heads in the clouds...