Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealers around here have their heads in the clouds...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
vvacr is infamous around these parts
Dealers around here have their heads in the clouds...

My local Audi dealer (one of the biggest in the midwest) still has 9 brand new RS4's sitting on their lot... First time I went there they came down to 68 for an ice silver with cf trim, premium, and titanium package with them throwing in winter tires and swapping the 6disc for an ipod integration. After taxes and all it came out to something like 74. Well I came in with a cashier's check for 70 a couple weeks later when I had returned from a vacation and they turned it down. Well it's been about a month, and probably month 8 or 9 that they haven't sold a single RS4 and they still won't come down on the price. I'm in no rush, but damn! 9 brand new RS4's without a single one being sold in nearly a year!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-05-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 AM
funky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to behold
go to that dealership everyday, and each time bring a check that is $1k less ($500 if you really want to tease them and prolong the pain)

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
At $70K for a car out of production, you are just asking for a bruisin'. Go find a used one or something else. An RS4 is not worth $70K.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:32 AM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wedouglas
At $70K for a car out of production, you are just asking for a bruisin'. Go find a used one or something else. An RS4 is not worth $70K.
Agreed.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Well I guess the teasing part is where I went wrong, because after a month of no communication I offered them 60 yesterday. :[

Old 02-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
Make sure you don't look too anxious ;-o)

There are dealers in the NY/NJ/CT area taking 12K+ discounts off the sticker and will even likely ship it to you for free just to clear the showroom! Check outside your area. Audi Manhattan has a Papaya, Mugello, and Phantom they can't give away... They have to get used to the scene of January hitting them and few (if any) people walking with a fat Wall Street bonus ready to scoop an out of production (though awesome) 70K+ sedan...

Old 02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I'll definitely check out some out of state dealers, good idea.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:35 PM
So what do you guys think...

Ice Silver 08 RS4 (can anyone confirm that Ice Silver is in fact different than Avus Silver and a rare color?)
Titanium Package
Premium Package
CF interior trim
Ipod Adapter

For 65,500 + taxes and all... which comes out to ~70,800

Should I wait for something better or take it? The color and specs are exactly what I want, but the price is rather high for my liking. The sticker on the thing is 77,035.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
not to be critical, but imo you guys aren't paying attention to where rs4's are really trading, when they are that is....there hasn't been a bid on ebay for a used one out of the 40's for a while now, and new ones shouldn't trade even close to $60k. if you offer that much or more you are just paying an above market price, pure and simple. that's no big deal if you don't mind paying above market, but i would never do so. if you do your homework you will find that the last two confirmed new sales (socal dealer with new cars on ebay) that i know about were the following: new, mugello blue 08 with ti and prem packages sold for $57.4k (17k below msrp), new, black with ti, prem and exclusive packages traded for $59k (about 19k below msrp). there's a local dealer that has a new blue ti/premium that was keyed and repaired, and he can't sell it for $19k below so far....

and these sales were at least a month ago and prices are lower now, and even if new the rs4 is a one year old car now anyway.

i'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying one, but if i had the cash i would not be paying more than $55k for a new one with prem package. anyway, that's my view. good luck and go get a deal!

Last edited by cohenfive; 02-08-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Yea I'm definitely having second thoughts on spending that much on the RS4, I'm just not sure if I can allow myself to go through with it.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 AM
switchface is infamous around these parts
I've been looking at possibly picking one up as well, but every time I come close I start to lean towards an S5. Not to turn this into a RS4 vs S5 thread, but they are two cars I'm considering. Even if both are brand new, there is a good photo out there of two side by side and it makes the b7 chassis really look dated in comparison.

Nevertheless, they are both beautiful rides...

Old 02-08-2009, 01:29 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i love the s5 as well. people are very, very happy with them. only issue for me is the lack of a real sunroof which is a feature i really enjoy. if i had the $$, i'd either try to ****** an rs4 for a good price (which given what i'm seeing is $55k max) or wait for the new s4 which will be a sedan with the new 3.0 supercharged engine and dsg....probably for less than the current s5. audi has a great lineup of cars pretty much across the board.

Last edited by cohenfive; 02-08-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vvacr
So what do you guys think...

Ice Silver 08 RS4 (can anyone confirm that Ice Silver is in fact different than Avus Silver and a rare color?)
Titanium Package
Premium Package
CF interior trim
Ipod Adapter

For 65,500 + taxes and all... which comes out to ~70,800

Should I wait for something better or take it? The color and specs are exactly what I want, but the price is rather high for my liking. The sticker on the thing is 77,035.
The thought wouldn't even cross my mind. $70K will buy you vastly superior used cars.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:46 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
55-57k for a brand new one. Not a dollar more in this economy. Audi dealers should get with the program. A dealer in LA was still asking 10k over msrp for a S5 around xmas, when a buddy of mine was looking. He ended up buying a M3 for 7k off msrp. Get with the times these arent 599GTB's

Old 02-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Yea the Audi is cut from the list... I'm open to suggestions for all other cars used or new in or around the 60-70k price range though, so suggestions are definitely welcome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealers around here have their heads in the clouds...