Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 vs clk63blk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
R8 vs clk63blk

I thought I would share this with my 6speed friends!!!

We decided to have some Dyno fun with the ClkBlk. We were playing around with all neat functions the dyno has to offer: Drag Race, Top Speed, 1/8, 1/4 simulate, 0-60 etc....

R8 VS CLKBLK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hXSr_-5VQU

CLKBLK DYNO PULL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ5jK8kIYK8

Check this out:
This video is sweet!
http://www.quattrovideos.com/audi-r8...carlinkcom.php

I wanted to thank Mike (DFW01E55) for being such a good sport for letting us play with his BLK. Thanks again Mike! If there is anything we can do for you, just let me know.

Thanks again to our NICE neighbors, Ecarlink.com , for letting us have a play day!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:40 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
You guys have very nice dyno room. Not very often we see 2 dynos side by side like that.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
ArmyPorsche is infamous around these parts
That's one hell of a clean dyno setup....even splurged on the flat screens. Does that setup do simulated drag races between two cars? What software do you use? Very cool!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool indeed!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:53 PM
ltpc is infamous around these parts
I'd have an R8 over the CLK black edition any day

Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Mentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of light
What were the numbers for these runs? Two great looking cars in a great looking place!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
ragazzi_07 is infamous around these parts
pretty obvious the Merc won that one

Old 05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
MNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really nice
What brand of dyno was used for the R8? Are the drums locked together or operate independently? I have read that some dynos conflict with the EPS system and will not allow the engine to go above 5000 RPM.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:25 PM
S48urs2 is infamous around these parts
I'd have some fun with that.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Thanks guys!!! Sorry for the late response.....I am ready to dyno another Audi! Anyone?

I believe the numbers were like 317/280ish for the R8 and the CLKBLK did 390/380ish....Both were very strong!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:53 AM
biggie27 is infamous around these parts
yah I would like to know how you got the r8 to run on the dyno, we tried to run it on my freinds dynojet and it just wouldnt run once it didnt go over 5000rpms and the other time it did but didnt run right and the numbers were off by a mile something like 220 hp or something like the car went into limp mode

Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by biggie27
yah I would like to know how you got the r8 to run on the dyno, we tried to run it on my freinds dynojet and it just wouldnt run once it didnt go over 5000rpms and the other time it did but didnt run right and the numbers were off by a mile something like 220 hp or something like the car went into limp mode
Interesting....I believe we used the Gallardo specs on the dyno! I am not sure what our DynoMaster Ben did but that thing was scary on the dyno!

If you look at the 1/4 mile vid, you will notice during the 1st-2nd shift, the R8 jumped so much that we decided to through away the straps because of stress! Just be cautious! I mean, guys, they thing was scary!!!!

It kept wanting to move....look as I push it...Thats ME! http://www.quattrovideos.com/audi-r8...carlinkcom.php

Explain about the 5000rpms?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.