Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Exhaust for 2005 S4??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 05:08 AM
ramzey9 is infamous around these parts
Exhaust for 2005 S4??

Just picked up a white 2005 S4 and am going to put a new exhaust on it, any suggestions on what the best is? (I like Milltek) Any thoughts would be great. Also, I think I want the car to sit a little lower (don't want it slammed), thoughts (ie: how much lower and which springs) on this would be great as well. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 PM
trlengle is infamous around these parts
I just got a White 2005 S4 this weekend! Great taste you have.

The S4 I purchased already had the Labree exhaust and it sound fantastic. Not too loud but you can definitely hear it. I did not want anything too obnoxious and this fits the bill. However, I have heard great things about Milltek . I too was going to lower with the Bilstein coil over kit as it came highly recommended but I thnk I might hold off as I don't want to have to worry about ever bump and for that matter my driveway. I would defintely recommend a kit vs. just new springs alone.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:34 AM
ramzey9 is infamous around these parts
Great choice! Post some pics when you get a chance. Thanks for the info, I will take a look at the Labree, sounds like a good fit for me.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Chris@PerformanceOutfitters is infamous around these parts
I'm sure you know that there are quite a few exhausts on the market for the S4, and the V8 produces a very deep growl with pretty much all of them. Personally if it were my car I would look into Milltek, the fit and finish on them is great. We have used them countless times on Audis/VWs without any complaints at all. Even one of the owners here has an A4 3.0 with a Milltek exhaust.

I would also recommend looking for local meets and shows near you so that you can see if anyone local has an exhaust on their S4 and you can hear how it sounds in person. Good luck finding an exhaust.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:48 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I had a Milltek Non Resinated Cat back system on my 05 S4, sounded awesome. The people the had the Milltek Down pipes loved the extra power that came from those.

Check www.audiworld.com classifieds for some used systems (they are stainless steel, so a used one should be fine)

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
The Milltek is a great choice if you're only doing a cat-back system. They have two options: resonated and non-resonated. The non-resonated is perfect, IF you keep your stock downpipes.

If you plan on upgrading your downpipes, which is where most of the power comes from, then I would not get Milltek downpipes. Their cats are notorious for failing. I would check out Fast Intentions or Labree. Definitely check out Audiworld.com or Audizine.com and you'll find dozens of videos of the various options.

Personally, I have a custom Champion Motorsport setup on my '05 S4 and I absolutely LOVE it. Downpipes and full resonated exhaust. Here's a clip....

http://www.dubaudi.com/Tom/tom_dyno.mov

Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 AM
rzundel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
The Milltek is a great choice if you're only doing a cat-back system. They have two options: resonated and non-resonated. The non-resonated is perfect, IF you keep your stock downpipes.

If you plan on upgrading your downpipes, which is where most of the power comes from, then I would not get Milltek downpipes. Their cats are notorious for failing. I would check out Fast Intentions or Labree. Definitely check out Audiworld.com or Audizine.com and you'll find dozens of videos of the various options.

Personally, I have a custom Champion Motorsport setup on my '05 S4 and I absolutely LOVE it. Downpipes and full resonated exhaust. Here's a clip....

http://www.dubaudi.com/Tom/tom_dyno.mov

Would love to see other photo's of your car. What suspension and tire/wheel set up did you go with?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM
sfive is infamous around these parts
i would go with fast intentions. as for suspension, kw's are good and H&R.
if you would like prices feel free to email

Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
+1 on the Fast Intentions, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9ds...rom=PL&index=1

Old 05-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rzundel
Would love to see other photo's of your car. What suspension and tire/wheel set up did you go with?
Here's a couple pics. I'm running H&R coilovers (LOVE the ride), and 19x8.5 et30 Champion Motorsport RG5's.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
skiS4fun is infamous around these parts
AWE, works great for me.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:02 PM
waderjw is infamous around these parts
Hey, sorry a little new at the whole forum thing.

Tom@rennsport-1 - could you tell me where you got body kit for your dolphin grey Audi. I am in need of a new front bumper for my B6 04 and really like yours.
Tom@Rennsport-1
Site Sponsor

My Garage

Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
OSIKS4 is infamous around these parts
Old 05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by waderjw
Hey, sorry a little new at the whole forum thing.
- could you tell me where you got body kit for your dolphin grey Audi. I am in need of a new front bumper for my B6 04 and really like yours.

The bumper and side skirts are made by Oettinger. CEC used to be the sole distributor of Oettinger in the USA but I'm not sure if they carry it anymore.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Vendor cancelled user name
francis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdfrancis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdfrancis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdfrancis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdfrancis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdfrancis@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholdfrancis@autodynamica is a splendid one to behold
AWE-Tuning works great. The overall quality of their exhausts is noticeable. From how they fit to the finish on the tips. Top notch. Let us know what you decided when you install it.
As far as suspension goes, I'd also go with a coilover kit instead of only springs to not sacrifice ride quality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 2005 S4??