Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi RS5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iconoclast
the rs5 could potentially be the car audi has needed for a long time to revive the brand. granted sales have been improving every year, however they havent really had a car that could knock the m3 off its pedestal. if and when the rs5 comes out, this could be it. give the rs5 some flared fenders and a bit more of an aggressive nose and i think we have a winner if its coupled with the rumoured engine specs that have been floating around the net.
Revive? The brand has never been stronger.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pondjumper
Agree with the above...

The RS5 would be a better choice for Audi to import than a new RS4 or the RS6. The RS5 really works better in conveying performance than another fast four door. I don't know about you guys and gals, but for me a two door just somehow always ends up to be more fun...

Old 06-19-2009, 05:35 AM
iconoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pondjumper
true, but only in the past few years... but what i mean is pretty much the benchmark sports car has been the m3, merc and audi havent been able to put out a car that really tops it, in terms of popularity, or performance. so maybe this will be the one that does.

i am not knocking audi, i am an audi fan. i have owned several audis, and am looking to come back to them. hopefully into an s5.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
very nice.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:02 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
I love Audis especially the new brands. But I have to say the price to lease these cars are ridiculas. I remember when my buddy was looking for a car he got quoted 700 a month for a A4 1.8 . My buddy is leasing a conv E93 M3 for 920 a month. A S5 is more than that and I think the S5 is a SEXY as hell car but it cant match the perfromance of the M. I just wish Audi can do what BMW does w their lease programs, because I think Audis are beautiful.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:56 PM
iconoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of light
its funny bc they used to be the most affordable out of the three german marques... now not so much, but they still retain their rapid depreciation and poor resale... not a fair trade imo.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:35 PM
eetjw is infamous around these parts
I doubt they will market it at $90,000+, no need to import it then. I just saw a new '09 Convertible M3 black on black MSRP$74,000 selling for $63,000 yesterday in SoCal. I would assume that well equiped M3 Coupe would be in the range of $57,000 to $60,000 after the discounts.

$30,000 more for 35hp? Not a chance. I love the S5/RS5 looks more than the M3 but do I love it for $30k more?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM
KrissrocK is infamous around these parts
ppl pay top dollar for audi's for the interior...way better than mb and BMW. They have won awards for their interiors. But I agree, audi's have become quite expensive for the performance they offer.

the brand is doing than most other companies out there, but they will never get to be a top name is sports cars until they make a Rwd monster...

that's all too it. Ppl want RWD for their sports cars, despite awd being a better technology....all your top name sports cars r RWD. Carrera's, M3's, Supra's, Rx7's, AMG's...
is audi the only car company that doesn't offer a RWD drive in their lineup at all?

and I think they need to get away from only offering the big hp car is that tiptronic schit.
It really breaks my heart that the TTS is only avail in auto.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 AM
92tsiawd is infamous around these parts
didn't they make the TT RS with a manual cause the dual clutch couldn't handle the torque??

Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Originally Posted by AJN334
As the new TT RS, I wouldn't count on it coming to our shores unforunately...
Of any possible RS model to the US, the RS5 would be the most plausible. Audi could sell hundreds of those overpriced M3 rivals.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:21 PM
exactly... but then again, do we want all that added attn. from the masses? sure its good for the brand, but sucks for the community...

Old 06-23-2009, 01:38 PM
KrissrocK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 92tsiawd
didn't they make the TT RS with a manual cause the dual clutch couldn't handle the torque??

I dont know about the RS...I was just in a TTS at the dealership this weekend...then went to audi's site to see what options and pricing would be like...but no option for transmission makes it no option for me

Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KrissrocK
Ppl want RWD for their sports cars, despite awd being a better technology....all your top name sports cars r RWD. Carrera's, M3's, Supra's, Rx7's, AMG's...
I disagree. Audi has made their name by BEING the company that offers AWD...

RX-7 and Supra... Irrelevant, they don't make the cars anymore. And neither of them were ever luxury cars. If you're going to list those two (well, the RX-8 maybe, which is nothing compared to the RX-7) you have to list the Evo and the STi, both of which are in production and both of which outsell the RX-8.

Porsche 911... Wrong on the RWD. The 911s that people lust after are the C4, C4s and Turbo. All of which are AWD. Don't get me wrong, the Cayman, Boxter, and Carerra are great cars. There are the GT cars, but they are pretty much track spec, and that puts us into supercars.

Once your talking supercars you inevitably end up at Lamborghini where everything they make is AWD. I had the good fortune to talk with their Engeneering and Design team about this and they genuinely feel that the AWD platform is the best to deliver the performane that they desire. And not to be to mean to a car that I love, but the Gallardo 560-4 is faster around a track than the F430 Scuderia. It's close, but it's posted better times. I've driven (and LOVE) both cars...

Performance does not NEED to be RWD and in many cases for most consumers the AWD makes a lot of sense.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:27 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StorminS4
I disagree. Audi has made their name by BEING the company that offers AWD...

RX-7 and Supra... Irrelevant, they don't make the cars anymore. And neither of them were ever luxury cars. If you're going to list those two (well, the RX-8 maybe, which is nothing compared to the RX-7) you have to list the Evo and the STi, both of which are in production and both of which outsell the RX-8.

Porsche 911... Wrong on the RWD. The 911s that people lust after are the C4, C4s and Turbo. All of which are AWD. Don't get me wrong, the Cayman, Boxter, and Carerra are great cars. There are the GT cars, but they are pretty much track spec, and that puts us into supercars.

Once your talking supercars you inevitably end up at Lamborghini where everything they make is AWD. I had the good fortune to talk with their Engeneering and Design team about this and they genuinely feel that the AWD platform is the best to deliver the performane that they desire. And not to be to mean to a car that I love, but the Gallardo 560-4 is faster around a track than the F430 Scuderia. It's close, but it's posted better times. I've driven (and LOVE) both cars...

Performance does not NEED to be RWD and in many cases for most consumers the AWD makes a lot of sense.
+1

Kriss: interesting that you criticize Audi for making "big horsepower cars" in tiptronic, yet you claim that AMGs are among the most desirable sports cars in the world. Audi was one of three brands in 2008 with positive sales growth. I don't think they're as clueless about market taste as you declare them to be!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
[quote=gigharbor1yet you claim that AMGs are among the most desirable sports cars in the world[/quote]
Agreed with the above. My C55 was a fun car but the Auto was just tragic. I know that they're getting better, but that one left a lot to be desired.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi RS5