Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Drive across the US in my PES supercharged R8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:36 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Absolutely beautiful car. You picked the perfect wheels for it!

Old 08-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned
Patrick - PES is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
I just got this damn car back TODAY. I'll see what I can do for video. Might have to settle for getting some video from another driver.
I can set you up with a http://www.chasecam.com/ take a look at them. You can get it with the G-meter and really see what your doing on the track.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
awesome!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Falken is infamous around these parts
I'm kinda late to the thread but congrats on the trip! you put more miles on your R8 in two days than some people do all summer. I made a similar trip in may with my viper, quebec to BC over 6 days and it was tons of fun, i want to do a trip across the US sometime in the future as well.

besides that your R8 looks great, i like your wheels a lot, and the all over silver look with your stance is stunning.

keep on driving her lots.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:49 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Falken
I'm kinda late to the thread but congrats on the trip! you put more miles on your R8 in two days than some people do all summer. I made a similar trip in may with my viper, quebec to BC over 6 days and it was tons of fun, i want to do a trip across the US sometime in the future as well.

besides that your R8 looks great, i like your wheels a lot, and the all over silver look with your stance is stunning.

keep on driving her lots.
Thanks a lot, Falken. A trip across the US is worth doing, although there are surely more interesting routes than the one I took. I appreciate the comments on the look of my car. I have some PPI stuff going on next week painted body color; hopefully it doesn't screw up the scheme

Old 08-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Protein is infamous around these parts
I enjoyed the read, thank you for posting. Your setup looks great!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:42 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Roman, great to hear she ran as hoped for. It is a beautiful scheme and must have been a great trip although you missed the best part, damn raccoon.

Look forward to the track video and report.

PS, you are an animal (no pun intended) considering the daily mileage. Take a copilot next time and enjoy some of the drive. It takes us longer to drive (with 2) from your house to far northern CAlif. than it took you to go across country!
Last year we flew out to see old friends in N. Michigan. Bought a car in Indiana and drove 1500 miles around n. Michigan(in almost two weeks), had a blast, then flew home and had the car shipped.

Last edited by riverflyer; 08-18-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot for the comments, Protein and Riverflyer. The goal of this drive back was certainly not to see the US, although I would've stopped more often if I didn't have so much adrenalin from driving the car in its new setup. And yes, I did end up doing the best roads in a tow truck, so at some point I'd like to get back out there and enjoy it.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:55 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Used to be Montana did not have a speed limit, but I think that freedom is no longer legal??
Bright side is you got home safely, have an awesome car and that it was a family of raccoons and not moose!
Enjoy the new setup and please let me know when you post the track comments. John

Old 08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
nlakind has a spectacular aura aboutnlakind has a spectacular aura about
sick! i wanna take the drive across country so bad..was supposed to do it w/ the ex

Old 08-26-2009, 04:16 PM
GTI-R is infamous around these parts
sign on thread

Old 08-29-2009, 02:54 PM
joshv911 is infamous around these parts
The R8 looks beautiful! Love the wheels on it too. Did you paint the vent panels behind the doors that are usually two-tone?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
norsecarnut is infamous around these parts
Before your trip you should have visited Benchmark for a night vision install....input is to the nav screen, similar to what you may have seen advertised in the few bmw's. It's pretty sweet, about $5k or so.

I just drove from NC to Seattle a few weeks ago. Did you happen to see the 60 ft tall steel bull sculpture beside I90 just west of Iowa in SD?

I plan to get one soon for the primary travel vehicle, if I can only decide which one that will be.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by joshv911
The R8 looks beautiful! Love the wheels on it too. Did you paint the vent panels behind the doors that are usually two-tone?
Thanks, Joshv911...vent panels? Do you mean the side blades? If so, they can be ordered in different colors, including the black carbon that is a popular choice. Mine is just a different shade of silver.

Originally Posted by jwestpro
Before your trip you should have visited Benchmark for a night vision install....input is to the nav screen, similar to what you may have seen advertised in the few bmw's. It's pretty sweet, about $5k or so.

I just drove from NC to Seattle a few weeks ago. Did you happen to see the 60 ft tall steel bull sculpture beside I90 just west of Iowa in SD?

I plan to get one soon for the primary travel vehicle, if I can only decide which one that will be.
Jwestpro: Interesting idea on the night vision install. It would have been even better and cheaper if I hadn't driven through Montana at night! In my case, it wasn't a vision problem, the headlights caught the whole thing. I was rounding a blind turn and there they were.

That's a cool trip you took. Hopefully you had more time to enjoy it. I didn't go I-90 since there were severe heat warnings, tornado warnings, and hail warnings through the midwest at the time. I can be dense, but not that dense! I went up and hit raccoons instead.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 AM
jibberjive is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car, and the wheels are possibly the best I've seen on the R8. That's awesome that you weren't scared to put the mileage on it.

Originally Posted by iconoclast
glad to hear the positive reviews... i am torn at the moment between purchasing a b7 rs4 or b7 s4 and super charging it. daily driving is my main concern, as this would be a 'company car'.
I'd get a B7 S4 Avant and SC, but that's me