Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Funny story involving a SRT4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Mentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Funny story involving a SRT4

So I'm driving home from my friends house and decide to stop at a Wawa (like a 7-11 here) on the way home for a drink. Leaving a black SRT4 with some red pin stripes and black wheels and a FMIC... Pretty much the whole deal, pulls out behind me and no joke at the light just keeps revving and letting his BOV woosh... First time I just smiled but then he just kept doing it like a metronome... I just pulled away from the light in town normally and just drove normally and he's riding my ***, falling back, slamming the gas to my bumper and keeps doing the woosh. (oh btw it was two guys who looked too cool for school, ya know?) Anyways this goes on for a few miles till he lines up with me at a light and they give me the thumbs down... synchronized... I just say "Nice neon" and he responds with "nice POS"... That was his best come back? At this I say one of my favorite lines and said to the passenger "So do you give him road head for your ride home?" at this they looked at eachother then just straight forward... Now revving again. Light goes green. What do I do? I just accelerate normally. What do they do? Stall. Yup he had his moment to show me how "awesome" a done up neon really is and he stalls it.

I've never experienced anything like it and was just cracking up the whole way home. Oh and I just kept accelerating till a grandma in a buick over took them and he got stuck behind me again. Atleast I was a mile from my house.

Thought it was a good story so I just felt like sharing.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Old 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
KeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Freaking Great Story!!!! Bravo.. Bravo.
I thinks it a prerequisite to be a A$$hole to own a SRT4 .

Persoanally I have not met one owner that was cool and did not drive around like that POS is the fastest car ever made.

I have had several encounters with them as a lot of redneck teen boys find them appealing in NC

They are fast in straight line once they finally get some grip but at the end of the day its still a POS Neon.

A few months back I watched a SRT harrasing a guy with a Porsche in traffic in the same manner and actually posted about it on the VWVortex.

Great Comeback BTW !!!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 07:04 AM
flyinbrian has a spectacular aura aboutflyinbrian has a spectacular aura about
Just what 6 speed needs, a champion for SRT's that doesn't know how to hit spell check.

I've been on both sides of this story. When I was young and thought my stock Civic Si was the fastest thing on the street and once I became older and "made it" and had some punk in a beat down Honda rev me to death as I sat at a light in my heavily modded 928.

The only thing that stayed the same was my attitude. I loved my car, but didn't care to rub it in people's faces.

Stand up for all the inexpensive tunible cars that can go fast, but may not be as reliable or comfortible as you want. But there is no excuse, rich or poor, to be a di*k.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:10 AM
dblock110 is infamous around these parts
i would have atleast raced him haha . waited for him to catch on after he stalled.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 11Past9
For every ****** bag in an SRT-4 there are ten ****** bags that think there Audi or BMW is a Bentley or that "German engineering" is not matchable. Respect a car for what it can do, not the ****** bag that drives it. An SRT-4 is un-matched in regards to performance to dollar ratio considering it can make 500whp on stock internals, tranny and with just an upgraded clutch, has a stock quaife LSD and is able to get into a high 12 second pass with $750.00 in modifications while hitting a .93g with just springs and sway bars. No matter what the car, there are a ton of ****** bags driving the same thing, I loved the New Jersey guido tools rolling around in there "whips" and tooling on them with a car that cost a third of the price.
While the SRT-4 may be very good performance wise for the $$$$. It's still an ugly f'ing duckling........and you can't outrun ugly.

Sorry man, those things are a dime a dozen around here...and 90% of those that drive them have this in common:

18-25 year old male driving and 18-25 year old male riding shotgun
Hat sideways
Appearance of living in trailerpark
God awful rap music playing
Fart can exhaust
Rev engine any chance they get
Jealous of any performance car that costs in excess of $25k

I don't hate on any car. There are plenty of cars out there for less money that are faster than mine but at the end of the day I'm not concerned about having the fastest car out there. I want style, performance and quality in a car. The SRT-4 has 1/2 of one of those three items.

Last edited by amerlemans; 07-18-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned
Wes Z is infamous around these parts
Just roll down your rear windows and they'll get pissed off. They have to manual open/close theirs

Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
My buddy's favorite line; "Pick any day in February and I'll race you... And to keep it fair, I'll run in reverse..."

Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Mentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by StorminS4
My buddy's favorite line; "Pick any day in February and I'll race you... And to keep it fair, I'll run in reverse..."
Thats a good one. I'll have to use that one some time haha.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned
11Past9 is infamous around these parts11Past9 is infamous around these parts11Past9 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mentosman43
Thats a good one. I'll have to use that one some time haha.
Do it, then youre check engine light will flash and your super reliable B5 S4 will go into limp mode

Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flyinbrian
Just what 6 speed needs, a champion for SRT's that doesn't know how to hit spell check.

I've been on both sides of this story. When I was young and thought my stock Civic Si was the fastest thing on the street and once I became older and "made it" and had some punk in a beat down Honda rev me to death as I sat at a light in my heavily modded 928.

The only thing that stayed the same was my attitude. I loved my car, but didn't care to rub it in people's faces.

Stand up for all the inexpensive tunible cars that can go fast, but may not be as reliable or comfortible as you want. But there is no excuse, rich or poor, to be a di*k.
If I (when I) "make it" to the point I can get a Carrera GT, SLR, or such, half the fun will be rubbing it in people's faces.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by 11Past9
Do it, then youre check engine light will flash and your super reliable B5 S4 will go into limp mode
And even if it does, it's still a B5 S4 and will be so far ahead of them I'll be back in the shop by the time they figure out how to use a manual transmission.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
There is always someone faster out there, I have beaten all manner of expensive cars and genuinely surprised alot of people. I have seen early 90's Mustang's ( fox body ) that are primer gray that trap in the 140's...for alot less than even a new Honda Civic costs!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 AM
If you re-read my original post I never said their car sucks. All I said was that it was a "nice neon" to them in response to their thumbs down. (And I didn't know them, doubt they knew me so they weren't give me personally a thumbs down but instead the car I was driving a thumbs down.) They could have said "Nice A4" to me and I'd have said thanks. I'm not ignorant enough to know my car isn't a A4 shoehorned with a larger engine and sportier seats. And if you're gonna change the scenario to a SRT-4 and a A4 (from and S4) why not change it to a A4 and neon, both are base models of the cars in question. Like you said they both have their faults but the fact remains that I never called the SRT-4 crap or said it sucks. I simply told a story about two guys who were complete idiots in a car which, you're right, can't help what it is and is metal.

Two other side notes. First, my friend with his e60 M5, which is pretty done up, doesn't flaunt it and doesn't act like an obnoxious *** to other people with ferrari's nor SRT-4's. In fact more people in SRT-4's and STi's and evos try and taunt him. It's the fact that people make do with what they have. I'm not bashing any of these cars, because they all are great at what they do, but the mentality of the people these cars attract gives them more a bad rep than not because at the end of the day, they'd probably rather be driving the M5 than their SRT-4.

Second, a friend from high school had a Colbolt SS. He traded it in and got a SRT-4. He loved the car and did it up with all the bolt ons and it was one hell of a fast car for the price. It was great. But then the oportunity came around to trade in the SRT-4 and hop in a e46 M3 and the deal was done within a day. This is a guy whos loved muscle cars all his life and his dad has a 1967 gt350. He always made fun of me in the Audi (this is my thrid) and how german cars aren't all their cracked up to be unless you got a MB for comfort or Porsche for performance. He told me on occasion that the e46 m3 was an ugly car and **** for the money (compaired to his SRT-4 I guess).

Moral of what I was trying to say isn't that the SRT-4 is "****", but instead that the people driving it were "****". I explained what the car was for circumstancial reasons. Oh and if you re-read I SMILED when he reved it and I heard the BOV because to me the SRT-4 has a glorious BOV sound.

I don't want this to turn into a brawl in this post, that was never my intention. I just wanted to share a story of what had happened to me on the way home. Some/many enjoyed the read and I was glad to share my experiences with them. However you are on a top end forum, and in the Audi section. If you're that fond of your LSD SRT-4's please go to the American Muscle section and try not to bash a car made by the section of the forum you're in.

/end

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-29-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I agree the skittle has a pretty bad reputation for being owned by ****y guys with the sideways hat crowd. But I think the M3 has finally dropped into being within reach of the sideways hat brigade. So many M3's in my area always giving me the look, and very few fast ones!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM
KrissrocK is infamous around these parts
there's plenty of egotistical *** d0uches on the street, as well as on this forum...
you're right, it's not the car that schitty, it's the owner
you can make a decent car outta anything, but owning a decent car doesn't make you anything either.
some ppl think that because they own expensive cars, it gives them the right to act like asses. And some ppl just act like asses regardless of what they drive.