Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

any Feedback about Audi RS4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:00 PM
James PA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rlbaker05
That's due to the fact that the rears do more of the braking than the fronts.

Robert
What? I think there would be another reason for rears needing pads more often, or aftermarket rotors increasing braking distances.

The front brakes always do more of the braking because of weight transfer. Also consider the weight distribution, and more of the weight is towards the front. However, even on a mid or rear engined car, the front brakes do more work. This is why they are always larger on performance cars, they need a larger area to squeeze and extra room to dissipate the heat.
Maybe you meant something else that I don't understand?

I think the RS4 would make a great DD. I like the interiors more than the M3s and much more that C63s (duh). AWD could be helpful too. I would take the M3, however, as I think it would make for a better track tool. Both come with dual clutch trans now so either would be fine if that is what you want.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by b45h1r
I no longer think about how much gas it drinks. You get numb to it believe it or not.
You really do... Maintenance costs too. After the first (maybe the second) thing needs fixing you're used to it. For me it's the tires every 10 months or so. Just bite the bullet and buy more. Tire Rack FTW.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 AM
DesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud of
RS4 is a fantastic daily driver. I have had 2 of them and one I took on a 3k mile road trip and it ran beautifully. I would buy another in a heartbeat!

Old 07-25-2009, 03:05 PM
b45h1r is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
That would be one hell of a daily driver
I reserved the convertible R8 in Houston in September 08. I'm second on the list, but I'm REALLY not interested in a convertible V10 R8 (V8 engine sounds great under load, and will sound better with no top..., plus all R8's look identical, even to me and I'm clearly a discerning buyer)

Just want to finally have my dream car to get back and forth to work.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:08 PM
b45h1r is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DesmoRR
RS4 is a fantastic daily driver. I have had 2 of them and one I took on a 3k mile road trip and it ran beautifully. I would buy another in a heartbeat!
I drove a 599, and loved it so much I contemplated making it a daily driver. Wife talked me out (nice way of saying put her foot down), plus it's a little tight (6'5") and i don't love Ferrari interiors (personal pref).

How do you like yours?