Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

any Feedback about Audi RS4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Hanahawaiian is infamous around these parts
any Feedback about Audi RS4?

Im been edge to buyin 2009 Audi RS4.. I love how looks, Handling and v8 power!.. my friend say there a coming twin turbo Kits for RS4.. so i hope so..

If that Rs4 is not impressive.. i may go buyin A truck.

but i still keep Evo beacsue im going build into Road Racing.. im going ask Pete Bristow will be my instructor.. I know him beacsue he bring some porsches to my work (with few GT3 and few porsche and alfa romeo and 442)

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-17-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
I had one before trading it for an R8, and it's a pretty nice car. Your Evo will be quicker though unless you're thinking of doing a TT to it. You will be able to get a supercharger for the RS4 very soon, but it's not going to be cheap. The RS4 is pretty heavy, it's a decent track car but not a great track car if that's what you're thinking. The engine is way in front past the front axle. The interior is incredible, better than the R8 IMO. If you need 4 doors and like AWD, the RS4 is a pretty good choice. I see you're from Tacoma so I know you can appreciate all the rain out here. Even better if you get some coilovers for it and drop the ride height a little.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
My evo have KW V3 Robispec, H&R Sway bars, Hypercoil 8k/10k... Engine mods
is Cosworth Cam M3 280/272, Supertech Dual spring n values jobs, stock bottom ends, i get about near 400whp but about 390 at 25psi boost.. so im start look for Advan RGII in Gold 18x9.5 and Bridgesport RE11 265/35/18 all of 4 wheels.. i just sold my 75 Nova..

My future plan 2.3 or 2.4 Stroker the 4G63 motor and put 35R HTA or 30R HTA Turbo kit upgrade from ETS..
also i have weld in Rollcage.. i will Install and weld up.. Sabelt Harness 5pt pairs.. few minor.. im not going trick out any aero bodykit.. i like stock looks and Change Hood n Trunk into carbon fiber and JDM Rear bumper..

I only like RS4 for a Daily Drive something keep me edge of fun.. But i been debate to get RS4 or New Chevy 2500 Crew cab truck Diesel..

Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 AM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
The RS4 is no longer in production, so you cannot buy a 2009. There are still some new 2008 models around and you'll likely be able to buy one at a good discount if that is the case.

It's just about the perfect car for a daily driver. In fact, I can't think of anything I'd rather have. Go test drive one. I'm sure you'll love it.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
thanks pb.. good to know.. dang why 09 is halt product RS4??. they are sexy audi..
sometime i like Wagon Audi like A3 or few S-line.. but i would love to have R8 but my Fund is not euff to afford right now.. im investment a new house and new shop business right now..

Old 07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
OR i should wait for that RS5? that V8 Twin Turbo http://www.themotorreport.com.au/925...twin-turbo-v8/

Old 07-18-2009, 06:45 PM
rlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nice
The RS5 is not confirmed for the US, we'll be lucky just to see a TT-RS.

The RS4 is definitely an amazing car. Handling and driving dynamic is unbelievable. The grip in the car is out of this world. Like gigharbor said, the interior is astonishing. The seats in the RS4 are much better than any other car in the Audi line up.

Few things to watch out for though:
1: Brakes - Brake jobs are very expensive, about $1400 at the dealership, only $220 of which is labor.
2: Oil burn - the engine is going to burn oil, the oil min light will come on, don't complain about it, just carry an extra quart in the car for when it does.
3: DRC - the suspension in the car is not only very elaborate, but is also far from perfect. You would be better off yanking it out and putting in coilovers.
4: Gas milage - its a V8, its AWD, its going to drink gas like a fish in water.

If your ok with that, than your set. At the dealership, those are the only things i really hear about with the RS4.

Robert

Old 07-19-2009, 01:46 PM
im ASE Cref Mechanic and I-CAR Collision tech and Paint.. I work for Metro Auto rebuild south in Tacoma.. but i build all muscle cars and my evo at home.. Brake job is easy for me.. i want switch to Drill holes or Slotted Rotors and Ferrdo Carbon Brake pads.. def i would look KW V3 Coilovers for RS4 if i getting one.. this weekend ill go Robert larson to check out Audi if they have it.. or ill go barrier..

Old 07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rlbaker05
The seats in the RS4 are much better than any other car in the Audi line up.
-In the Euro RS4 yes, but in the US spec car they're the exact same seat as the S4. Which is a factory Recaro that happens to be pretty damn good.

Brakes - Brake jobs are very expensive, about $1400 at the dealership, only $220 of which is labor.
And the parts mark-up... You can replace them at home for about $800, which is by no means cheap, but almost half of $1400.

Oil burn - the engine is going to burn oil, the oil min light will come on, don't complain about it, just carry an extra quart in the car for when it does.
Dead right on this one. There is a reason that the little compartment in the trunk is shaped perfectly to hold two quarts of Mobile1 0W-40

DRC - the suspension in the car is not only very elaborate, but is also far from perfect. You would be better off yanking it out and putting in coilovers.
X2... DRC is the cars biggest weak point.

And I'd go off about the AWD system in Western WA, but I'm sure you're already aware... I was the only person mobile in my neighborhood when that big storm hit last year. I was the ferry to the grocery store.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:21 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
And the RS4 is factory drilled (well, the holes are cast in place) for the front brakes. I do not recommend doing it for the rears. Everyone who tries that ends up with increased stopping distances.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
rlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nice
Originally Posted by StorminS4
And the RS4 is factory drilled (well, the holes are cast in place) for the front brakes. I do not recommend doing it for the rears. Everyone who tries that ends up with increased stopping distances.
That's due to the fact that the rears do more of the braking than the fronts. Not really noticeable on the RS4 due to the extremely soft materials and short life of the pads and rotors up front, but on the rest of the Audi line(with some exceptions e.g. Q7, RS6), they typically go through 2 sets of rear pads before a set of front pads.

Robert

Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
That's due to the fact that the rears do more of the braking than the fronts. Not really noticeable on the RS4 due to the extremely soft materials and short life of the pads and rotors up front, but on the rest of the Audi line(with some exceptions e.g. Q7, RS6), they typically go through 2 sets of rear pads before a set of front pads.

Robert
Robert, I don't know what sort of driving style will get the RS4 to brake more with the rears, but I can say that if you drive it hard the fronts will do nearly ALL the braking. I did 21 track days with my RS4 last year and went through two sets of front OEM pads, one set of OEM rotors and 40% of front Pagid RS29 track pads. Didn't change the OEM rears once, and still had 70% pad when I traded it in.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Like i said though, its not noticeable on the RS4 due to the front pads and rotors. I have no doubt in my mind that the RS4 eats fronts like crazy. Especially if being tracked. In all honesty, the ones i see come through where i work, typically don't get track driven. But i have seen customers needing front and rear pads and rotors at 30k (thats after the first set of fronts at 15k).

BTW, I'm glad to hear that you tracked your RS4. It's a shame to see them driven like a regular A4.

Robert

Old 07-20-2009, 08:20 PM
b45h1r is infamous around these parts
The RS5 is not confirmed for the US, we'll be lucky just to see a TT-RS.

The RS4 is definitely an amazing car. Handling and driving dynamic is unbelievable. The grip in the car is out of this world. Like gigharbor said, the interior is astonishing. The seats in the RS4 are much better than any other car in the Audi line up.

Few things to watch out for though:
1: Brakes - Brake jobs are very expensive, about $1400 at the dealership, only $220 of which is labor.
2: Oil burn - the engine is going to burn oil, the oil min light will come on, don't complain about it, just carry an extra quart in the car for when it does.
3: DRC - the suspension in the car is not only very elaborate, but is also far from perfect. You would be better off yanking it out and putting in coilovers.
4: Gas milage - its a V8, its AWD, its going to drink gas like a fish in water.

If your ok with that, than your set. At the dealership, those are the only things i really hear about with the RS4.

Robert
1.Brakes are expensive, but my replacement cost half that (about $750).
2. It does burn oil and needs a new quart every 3-4 months.
3. I no longer think about how much gas it drinks. You get numb to it believe it or not.
4. No problems with the suspension thus far, but I stay on the lookout thanks to the forums.

It is an awesome driver. I put 60-100 miles on it a day. There is plenty of squirt in the engine, and I love the interior.

I hate the seats however. The headrests are fixed in a forward slanted position, and I'm 6'5". Gets uncomfortable on drives of more than 3 hours.

Love the engine so much, next daily driver is a convertible R8 (only if they make a V8 version).

Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by b45h1r
Love the engine so much, next daily driver is a convertible R8 (only if they make a V8 version).
That would be one hell of a daily driver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any Feedback about Audi RS4?