Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New S4 @ $45,900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Scott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NewSong
Fanboyism is when someone says "With Vishnu/jb3 my car that I own is faster than the S4, and even if the S4 can be tuned, i highly doubt it can beat my car."

That's what I expect at E90Post, but it seems like you guys have brought your own form of fanboyism back here. You guys do know that the 335i is about as common as Honda Civics now days, and that it's seen as the "lower brand" on the BMW scale. Why are you guys so protective of it?

You kind of have to wonder, why on the Audi section of this board, BMW fanboys seem to be so vehement in defending their brand in the face of a very capable offering from a competitor.

Do you guys feel inadequate that a competitor is challenging your brand for supremacy? That's kind of sad.
Riiiiight. I'm a BMW fanboy because I plan to replace my BMW with and Audi soon?

like you, the 3 isnt the only car I own either...

Old 10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
I don't care what anyone else owns. Honestly, this thread was a lot better before the 335i JB3/Vishnu ricer boys came in and started trashing the S4.

If you weren't part of that boy crew, then no need to worry, I'm not talking about you.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 AM
WesZ is infamous around these parts
S4 > 335xi

My 2 cents...

Old 10-24-2009, 02:48 AM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Watch out, the Jb3/vishnu ricer crew will start to jump on your sack now, like they did mine, be prepared.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:26 AM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
true a 335i with a tune will beat a stock s4 but then again a tuned s4 with pulley for more boost could do the very same as well...

with that said it took audi 3-4 years to beat a bimmer?

all bmw has to do is come out with a ZHP package like with the e46 (better suspension perhaps better factory turbo's or even just a factory tune) and it's no different because the gap between the two are soo marginally close...

Old 10-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Cool

Evidence the S4 is underrated.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/28/r...is-underrated/

Volkswagen and Audi tuner APR stuck a 2010 Audi S4 on an AWD-dyno and discovered the following. Instead of the 333 hp and 325 torques Audi is claiming, they pulled 331 hp and 336 pound-feet of torque... at the wheels! Figuring that AWD cars have about a 20% parasitic drivetrain power loss, the actual crank output of the S4 is huge. How huge? By our calculations just about 400 horsepower/torques. Gulp.
The 335i JB3/Vishnu ricer boys just tucked their tails.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !

Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough?

If its putting out 331 to the wheels why is it trapping 1 mph higher than the 335?

Do you even know the difference between different dyno's? What is the S4 putting down on a dyno dynamics or dynojet?

You do know the 335 is underrated, don't you?

How in the world does this support your assertion that the S4 will easily run away from the 335 stock or modded again? Huh?

You just look desperate for any information at all, no matter if it is relevant, as this does not back up your statement. All it shows is that the Audi puts up weak trap speeds for the amount of wheel hp which shows you just how heavy and inefficient its drivetrain is in comparison.

Maybe try reading that entire link:
Everyone knows that the BMW 335i is the most underrated car currently on the market in terms of raw thrust and grunt.
Even your own sources aren't helping you...

Old 10-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Cool

Stop crying.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Stop crying.
Why don't you actually attempt to address the points using the same *vast* automotive knowledge that led you to the conclusion that the S4 will "easily" out run modded 335's?

It is an automotive discussion, give it a shot.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice

God damn thats the greatest self own of all time.... I hope it does actually put down 331whp cause if it did it would be pretty ****in sad the numbers it puts down in the 1/4mile That means it should wax M3's out of the box and uh it doesnt so FAIL...

Disclaimer: To any current or future B8 S4 owners I'm not a hater It would be great if the new S4 could meet or beat the 335 perfomance numbers but this guys info is so weak and lame its not even funny. And once the S4 actually does beat the current 335 records I will be the first to congradulate.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Cool

Umm the car is brand new, barely out, and you think it's going to be break 1/4 records? The 335i wasn't breaking anything a few months out. Be patient.

It took a while before people could break 10's in a stock Z06.

Point being, each car is a different beast and people need time to know how to utilize them to their best. That being said, it's been proven stock for stock, the S4, despite being a pig, is better than the 335i performance wise. Mod vs mod has yet to be established, but I'm going to bet a modded S4 with its greater traction at the dig will probably beat a 335i/xi. That doesn't mean the 335i sucks, it just means there are better cars out there. You and your boyfriend QUEERI0 will still be able to get teeny boppers to look at you as you roll by with your left arm out the window wearing your D&G shades because no one cares about one car being .014 seconds faster than another car except ricer boys like you. So stop worrying about that and just respect the S4 for what it is.

Now hopefully you and QUEERI0 can stop crying.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
funky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to behold
i like cars.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Umm the car is brand new, barely out, and you think it's going to be break 1/4 records? The 335i wasn't breaking anything a few months out. Be patient.

It took a while before people could break 10's in a stock Z06.

Point being, each car is a different beast and people need time to know how to utilize them to their best. That being said, it's been proven stock for stock, the S4, despite being a pig, is better than the 335i performance wise. Mod vs mod has yet to be established, but I'm going to bet a modded S4 with its greater traction at the dig will probably beat a 335i/xi. That doesn't mean the 335i sucks, it just means there are better cars out there. You and your boyfriend QUEERI0 will still be able to get teeny boppers to look at you as you roll by with your left arm out the window wearing your D&G shades because no one cares about one car being .014 seconds faster than another car except ricer boys like you. So stop worrying about that and just respect the S4 for what it is.

Now hopefully you and QUEERI0 can stop crying.
The only comparisons I've seen is that the S4 barely edges out the 335 thats not something worth braging about thats basically a drivers race. So I dont get where you come to the conclusion that the S4 is somehow a better car performance wise lol. Besides you still haven't posted pics of any of your cars troll so who cares what you think.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Jmoney
The only comparisons I've seen is that the S4 barely edges out the 335 thats not something worth braging about thats basically a drivers race. So I dont get where you come to the conclusion that the S4 is somehow a better car performance wise lol. Besides you still haven't posted pics of any of your cars troll so who cares what you think.
Who is bragging? I don't even own an S4, but I respect it for it is, a rival to the 335i, and does the job better. No one said the S4 was "vastly superior" to the 335i, but in reviews the car is better in acceleration, and on the track regardless of how insignificant you think the difference is.

Admit it, you're only in here because you're a fanboy who is scared that the S4 is a better car because part of your identity is tied to the car you own; point being if you owned a B8 S4, you wouldn't even be in this thread, or you would be flaming from the other side, that's pretty sad.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Who is bragging? I don't even own an S4, but I respect it for it is, a rival to the 335i, and does the job better. No one said the S4 was "vastly superior" to the 335i, but in reviews the car is better in acceleration, and on the track regardless of how insignificant you think the difference is.

Admit it, you're only in here because you're a fanboy who is scared that the S4 is a better car because part of your identity is tied to the car you own; point being if you owned a B8 S4, you wouldn't even be in this thread, or you would be flaming from the other side, that's pretty sad.
Ok ya the S4 is so much better being .1 second faster in the 1/4 mile gimme a break troll. The only reason I'm even saying anything is because your post are dumb and its entertaining to see you try and justify them.

I don't really care my car would smoke both anyway so I don't really have alot of emotions invested like you think. But I think you care alot because you're hoping to finally buy your first car and this just so happeneds to be the car you want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New S4 @ $45,900