Used RS4 or new B8 S4??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:18 AM
navanod is infamous around these partsnavanod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)
BTW... love that interior.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Like others, I too am biased towards the RS4. Don't care much for the B8 body style. I have heard that there won't be a B8 RS4, so the B7 RS4 may be the "last of the breed" as far as exclusivity. I also have a feeling that most manufacturers are going away from cars that have a third pedal (I personally like to shift). However, I do recommend you drive both and gather your own opinion. Good luck whatever you do!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:07 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
I would go with the RS4.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:40 PM
sakimano is infamous around these partssakimano is infamous around these parts
I started a poll on this on audizine

it was about 55% in favour of the B8 S4 and 45% in favour of the RS4. Responses were interesting...discussion was at times heated (no shock there) but all around the points on both sides basically tell you that there's no reason to worry about either decision...both cars are fantastic.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:13 PM
huy
huy is infamous around these parts
DSG is a great compromise, but it is a compromise. If you want the control and feel of a manual, don't be fooled into thinking this will offer you that. It will, however, let you relax in traffic while performing even better at the track. If its your only car, it's pretty ideal in my opinion.

RS4 is nice though... I'd put up with a manual in traffic for that.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
RS4 all the way. Just not feeling the B8 body, too big and at 4000lbs it is not a lightweight, which many people had hoped for. Test drove one (manual as I am a die-hard stick guy and only thing I will get), didn't leave me all that impressed. Felt a shade above sub-par and nothing mind-blowing. Yes, cabin is much more modern, but not enough to entice me to switch. I am not sure that even if there were a B8 RS4 I would be all that interested. With the RS4, it was love at first sight. And total import run of a shade over 2K units - is less than the annual production run of the B8 S4. Already in my area I am begining to see more S4s than I see RS4s... But if you like to mod cars, clearly the B8 S4 platform is more mod friendly. I satiated that apetite with the 135i

Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 PM
sprinter is infamous around these parts
RS4. I have a 2007 RS4. A special car!

Old 12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
kailuaboy has a spectacular aura aboutkailuaboy has a spectacular aura about
Having driven both cars within the last week i would go with the S4. the sport diff and drive select on the car is amazing. out of the gate its down a bit on power but not as much as you might think. this first dynos out of the us on the car shoe it putting out damn clos to 330hp at the wheels. audi might have lied a bit on the numbers. the s4 felt lighter and more put together when driving it. i never had the chance to take either car to the edge but the s4 was more confidence inspiring. Personally i would say go drive both. the S4s interior is nicer the rs4s sound is angry.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I would bag the rear doors and get an S5. V8 rumble with stunning looks - inside and out.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Zeshin is infamous around these parts
Has the OP made a decision?
Would be interesting to know.

My RS4 is up for sale by the way. :-)

Old 12-13-2009, 10:40 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MJMperformance
I like the looks of the Rs4 better. It just has classic lines in my mind. However if your looking for all out performance the new s4 v6 turbo is a better platform to start off with.
Turbo?

Old 12-13-2009, 11:33 AM
lig
Not sure where you're getting your information but the B8 S4 is supercharged - not turbocharged.

B5 S4 was turbocharged.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 AM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Old 12-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Weakest motor out of the three though... I would hate it the moment I got blown away, which would be happening frequently in an S5.

I would assume the S5 is going to ditch the V8 for the blown motor soon though, right?

Old 12-13-2009, 02:18 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CURI0
Weakest motor out of the three though... I would hate it the moment I got blown away, which would be happening frequently in an S5.

I would assume the S5 is going to ditch the V8 for the blown motor soon though, right?
Yes it is, and to think everyone get's a car solely based on speed is pretty naive. Personally I was going to get an M3 before the S5, but the S5 had everything I was looking for.

It must suck every time you see an S5 and realize its a better looking car inside and out (see all in the eye of the beholder). So next time you decide to put a persons car down realize not everyone is about a who's dick is bigger contest. Also it must suck knowing what chipped S4's are doing to stock M3's. I know you're obviously Supercharged, but how much did that cost you? Good luck reselling that thing lol.

Last edited by JonM; 12-13-2009 at 02:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used RS4 or new B8 S4??