Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Used RS4 or new B8 S4??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
b45h1r is infamous around these parts
I am biased (obviously) but I continue to think the RS4 is the high water mark of Audi's A4 series to date. The B7 is stylistically gorgeous but understated, ridiculously fast, but instant usable. I think the interior is better done than the B8.

B8 has better seats, better tech in the B8 (RNS-MMI in the RS4 is frustrating if you have an ipod/iphone), and the B8 slushbox is easier on the left foot (but the sound of the throw in the RS4 is perfect, I feel like they engineered it!!)

Plus the RS4 is cheaper.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonM
Yes it is, and to think everyone get's a car solely based on speed is pretty naive. Personally I was going to get an M3 before the S5, but the S5 had everything I was looking for.

It must suck every time you see an S5 and realize its a better looking car inside and out (see all in the eye of the beholder). So next time you decide to put a persons car down realize not everyone is about a who's dick is bigger contest. Also it must suck knowing what chipped S4's are doing to stock M3's. I know you're obviously Supercharged, but how much did that cost you? Good luck reselling that thing lol.
Could have sworn the post said I not everyone. As in, I would hate getting blowng away, which is why the S5 with a V8 would not be on my list. Because I prefer to have a car that can back up its looks, instead of posing. Make sense?

It must suck seeing an S5? I never see S5's, I look out through the front windshield, not the rear window. No one in their right mind would consider your S5 better looking than my M3, sorry.

What chipped S4's are doing to M3's? Huh? My M3 ran 12.1 with bolt on's son, the M3 has broken into the 11's with bolt on's, where is the S4 again? Sounds like you are racing on paper instead of in reality. What does my M3 do with a supercharger vs. the S4 with a supercharger? Oh, is that not a fair comparison because the M3 is that much stronger with boost?

How much did it cost me? How much does it cost 996 turbo guys to build the motor and put out 700+? Seems they care more about performance than resale. Resale is something people without money focus on, you know, people who have to talk about how pretty their interior is instead of how badass their car performs. You know, people in S5's, lol.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-15-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Audi_s5 is infamous around these parts
Curio..

you really have something for s5's based on the threads I see you participating..

did you read the title?? RS4 vs. B8 S4

I think you should start a new thread. My supercharged M3 is faster than an S5.. Lets see how many post

Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Audi_s5
Curio..

you really have something for s5's based on the threads I see you participating..

did you read the title?? RS4 vs. B8 S4

I think you should start a new thread. My supercharged M3 is faster than an S5.. Lets see how many post
My post was in a direct response to JohnM's post which brought up the S5's "V8 rumble" which he later edited.

Exactly, title is RS4 vs. B8 S4, the S5 should not have been mentioned.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Yes it is, and to think everyone get's a car solely based on speed is pretty naive. Personally I was going to get an M3 before the S5, but the S5 had everything I was looking for.

It must suck every time you see an S5 and realize its a better looking car inside and out (see all in the eye of the beholder). So next time you decide to put a persons car down realize not everyone is about a who's dick is bigger contest. Also it must suck knowing what chipped S4's are doing to stock M3's. I know you're obviously Supercharged, but how much did that cost you? Good luck reselling that thing lol.
What you mean like lose? Chipped S4's are still slower then Stock Manual M3's dude lol.. Even on the M5 board vid the dude with the M3 started in the wrong gear and still won! FAIL for the S4. Call me when some S4's are doing low 12's High 11's at 115+mph

Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jmoney
What you mean like lose? Chipped S4's are still slower then Stock Manual M3's dude lol.. Even on the M5 board vid the dude with the M3 started in the wrong gear and still won! FAIL for the S4. Call me when some S4's are doing low 12's High 11's at 115+mph
Let's wait until there are videos and time slips from a dig, not a roll where the S4 gets robbed of power from AWD.

CURIO you brought up the S5 as a stab at me lol. Nobody even mentioned the S5 before you. No I never get mad at the power, or lack there of in my car, SON. Hhahaha Once again enjoy your M3 bro, and if you couldn't tell the interior/exterior comment was a joke, and it worked you got personal. lolol you're very funny to play with.

Seriously and honestly tell us how you feel about the S5 brosef. lol

Old 12-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned
Let's wait until there are videos and time slips from a dig, not a roll where the S4 gets robbed of power from AWD.

CURIO you brought up the S5 as a stab at me lol. Nobody even mentioned the S5 before you. No I never get mad at the power, or lack there of in my car, SON. Hhahaha Once again enjoy your M3 bro, and if you couldn't tell the interior/exterior comment was a joke, and it worked you got personal. lolol you're very funny to play with.

Seriously and honestly tell us how you feel about the S5 brosef. lol
Bud... uh... you realize he mentioned 1/4 mile times right? Those are from a dig.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:24 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CURI0
Bud... uh... you realize he mentioned 1/4 mile times right? Those are from a dig.
I wish everyone could realize how ignorant you are. He was talking about the M5 board video, as was I where they raced from a roll. lol I love arguing with you and dropping you every single time. READ NEXT TIME!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned
I wish everyone could realize how ignorant you are. He was talking about the M5 board video, as was I where they raced from a roll. lol I love arguing with you and dropping you every single time. READ NEXT TIME!
Uh, bud, he mentioned the 1/4 mile times and specifically asked you to let him know when S4's get anywhere near where M3's are. As in, M3's have been running from a dig on the strip, where are the S4's? I haven't seen any times of significance that compare, have you? Do you really think S4's are going to be running in the 11's? LOL

Ignorance is suggesting modded B8 S4's are beating M3's with nothing to back it up, yet again. You dropped yourself with this comment:

Also it must suck knowing what chipped S4's are doing to stock M3's.
Quite the pattern you have going there...

You are correct, this is a very one sided conversation.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-15-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by CURI0
Uh, bud, he mentioned the 1/4 mile times and specifically asked you to let him know when S4's get anywhere near where M3's are. As in, M3's have been running from a dig on the strip, where are the S4's? I haven't seen any times of significance that compare, have you? Do you really think S4's are going to running in the 11's? LOL

Ignorance is suggesting modded B8 S4's are beating M3's with nothing to back it up, yet again. Quite the pattern you have going there...

You are correct, this is a very one sided conversation.
Um have you seen the M5 board video where the S4 takes over two cars on an M3 from a ROLL? The S4 like all AWD cars suffers from drivetrain loss and that is why the M eventually caught it, but had the race been from a roll it would have been different. The new S4 is still too new for there to be times for it, and 450-500 crank is definitely achievable and so I do think running in the 11's as well is too with a full exhaust, tune, and pullies. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, all I know is a chipped S4 would be right next to or beat a stock M3 on the quarter mile. It really is a sad convo, that I keep winning. It's funny really, entertainment if you will.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Banned
Um have you seen the M5 board video where the S4 takes over two cars on an M3 from a ROLL? The S4 like all AWD cars suffers from drivetrain loss and that is why the M eventually caught it, but had the race been from a roll it would have been different. The new S4 is still too new for there to be times for it, and 450-500 crank is definitely achievable and so I do think running in the 11's as well is too with a full exhaust, tune, and pullies. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, all I know is a chipped S4 would be right next to or beat a stock M3 on the quarter mile. It really is a sad convo, that I keep winning. It's funny really, entertainment if you will.
Yes, I've seen that video. The tuned DSG S4 jumps a stock 6 speed M3 which bridges the gap, then pulls it up top, and? What do you think a tuned DCT M3 is going to do to that car? Like it has been said, M3's are running in the 11's, thanks for playing. We won't even mention mine, right? Just wouldn't be fair to compare supercharger to supercharger or anything.

To run in the 11's it will need a tune, exhaust, pulley, 100 octane... that should be enough, but we will see, right? The M3 can run 11's naturally aspirated, makes it a pretty wide gap with boost, eh?

So an S4 needs to be modded to be next a stock M3 in the 1/4? Wow, this was your big point? The mighty supercharged S4 needs to be modded to hang with a stock naturally aspirated 4.0 V8? Thank you for that, you sure do win.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-15-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Ya and the 2 car jump was because the dip**** in the M3 started in 2nd gear when at that speed he should have been in first. I'll run any B8 S4 you can find. I already beat a B5 S4 with more 430awhp on a Dyno Dynamics and you're telling me that a heavier tuned B8 S4 with 430crank hp will pull me lol lol lol ... Ok find me one please I'll be sure to put that myth to rest.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Ya and the 2 car jump was because the dip**** in the M3 started in 2nd gear when at that speed he should have been in first. I'll run any B8 S4 you can find. I already beat a B5 S4 with more 430awhp on a Dyno Dynamics and you're telling me that a heavier tuned B8 S4 with 430crank hp will pull me lol lol lol ... Ok find me one please I'll be sure to put that myth to rest.
Relax big guy. From a dig the S4 would hold you tuned for a good while. I'm not saying destroy, but it'd be close from a dig with nobody getting destroyed. Who really knows who'd win until it happens. Put the guns down bro, nobody is insulting you, or your car. RELAX

Old 12-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Relax big guy. From a dig the S4 would hold you tuned for a good while. I'm not saying destroy, but it'd be close from a dig with nobody getting destroyed. Who really knows who'd win until it happens. Put the guns down bro, nobody is insulting you, or your car. RELAX

I'm relaxed I'm Jmoney I stay relaxed you just said that tuned B8 S4's beat stock M3's I'm just wondering "where they do that at?"

Old 12-16-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm relaxed I'm Jmoney I stay relaxed you just said that tuned B8 S4's beat stock M3's I'm just wondering "where they do that at?"
hahahahahhahahahahah, that was actually a really funny post. Jmoney is my nickname btw. Stop jockin my stilo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used RS4 or new B8 S4??