Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Used RS4 or new B8 S4??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Blk997TT is infamous around these parts
I would go for the RS4 if you a want a more aggressive stance and the sound of that V8 otherwise the new MMI, fresh interior layout and the S tronic gearbox seems to be a great package for a DD.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I'm trying to convince my wife to get the S4 now. I ended up keeping the Cayenne and got a 2007 911TT for the speed thrills.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 AM
ringtaxi is infamous around these parts
B8 S4 Vs RS4

Just picked up the B8 S4. Was Exactly under the same dilemma and went went with the S4 becasue it is so much more updated. RS4 sounds great and you can make it louder with aftermarket pipes. Suspension is what concerned me the most on the RS4. 2011 S4 have the new water pump so that should be ok. Interior and exterior is just so new. Handling is as if the car was wearing Nikes. Extremely balanced and this is surprisingly quick. I have the DSG and it shifts butter smooth. I do city driving for daily commute. Tinting rear window is the only difficulty that has poped up so far. Car is so well and tightly made. Suspension is stiff and steering is very responsive.
Wish you luck with your search

Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
lbmtb has a spectacular aura aboutlbmtb has a spectacular aura about
New B8 S4. Better all around package IMO unless you're all about performance. But then again that can be helped out with the B8 like you pointed out.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
gousfbulls1 is infamous around these parts
used

Old 01-27-2011, 05:06 PM
PwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud ofPwAg has much to be proud of
I've been going through this dilemma myself to replace my DD/ski car (B7 A4 Avant APR Stage3) while complimenting the 997TT. I was really hoping they would bring the B8 S4 Avant state-side, but no such luck.

Have driven both only several times, nod goes to B8 S4 for daily and down-the-line FI potential. Modern/tight drive. Absolutely love the line of RS4, but with right drop/wheel, B8 looks phenomenal in person. Truly has grown on me.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM
RS4bro is infamous around these parts
RS 4 is a monster and it whole package is special. Now with supercharger options it is hard to only consider a B8 if you want FI.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 AM
ringtaxi is infamous around these parts
RS4 Vs B8 S4

APR supercharger is around $20K while others may be a little more

This does not include installation which can add up. On a pre-owned car that costs $38-$45K, spending another $25-30K may not be worth it for many.

While the software upgrade from APR for S4 is not cheap, it is something that could be considered down the line by the owners.

One thing I do like about APR is the no. of complaints and issues have always been very minimal. And you can go back to stock whenever you want. They do have quality, but lately their prices have been creeping up.

Modification money is very difficult to re-cooperate, but then so is depreciation on a new car!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Ringtaxi: I hear your concerns about modification cost, but you have to pay to play...anybody can chip their car. And if you are modifying your car, then the idea of re-sale should not be a concern. It is *very* hard to get your cash back (unless you part out the mods separately).

By the way,APR isn't the only company offering SC for the RS 4...and they all aren't $20k just for parts (i.e. PES).

Last edited by RS4bro; 01-28-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-29-2011, 06:08 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CURI0
Could have sworn the post said I not everyone. As in, I would hate getting blowng away, which is why the S5 with a V8 would not be on my list. Because I prefer to have a car that can back up its looks, instead of posing. Make sense?

It must suck seeing an S5? I never see S5's, I look out through the front windshield, not the rear window. No one in their right mind would consider your S5 better looking than my M3, sorry.

What chipped S4's are doing to M3's? Huh? My M3 ran 12.1 with bolt on's son, the M3 has broken into the 11's with bolt on's, where is the S4 again? Sounds like you are racing on paper instead of in reality. What does my M3 do with a supercharger vs. the S4 with a supercharger? Oh, is that not a fair comparison because the M3 is that much stronger with boost?

How much did it cost me? How much does it cost 996 turbo guys to build the motor and put out 700+? Seems they care more about performance than resale. Resale is something people without money focus on, you know, people who have to talk about how pretty their interior is instead of how badass their car performs. You know, people in S5's, lol.
I think S4 and S5's are better compared to 335's not M's
M3 vs. RS4/RS5 is the the comparo

Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
^2nd

Old 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
apexit1 is infamous around these partsapexit1 is infamous around these parts
Figured I would point out that the fastest S4 on another forum is at 12.06 or something like that with just bolt ons. He has plans to be in the 11's by spring...

Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 PM
nota_troll is infamous around these partsnota_troll is infamous around these parts
I've driven both and think the B8 S4 is fast and can be made faster than the RS4 but I didn't get hooked on the dynamics of it. I test drove one and drove a friend's but neither made me want one. The RS4 is more exciting IMO.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
for the thread..i would say s4, rs4 feels just bleh?(was just a passenger in one a week or so ago) The interior of the s4 is niiiice

Old 02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice
I have a 2010 S4. I really like the styling LED's are cool nice interior def quick.
I think Audi did a great job making a unique car that happens to fit in between the 3 and 5 series BMW. I have had both and got sick of seeing a ton of them on the road. If the S4 was not available I am sure I would be in another BMW.
As for RS4 and S4 if you can get away with smaller car and want more hard edge sport sedan go with RS4. Not sure what they are going for but I personally would shop a CPO M3 too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used RS4 or new B8 S4??