Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

"The Cherry Bomb"-My RS4 with MTM supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
"The Cherry Bomb"-My RS4 with MTM supercharger

I drove my car home from Montreal, Quebec yesterday, where I had my MTM supercharger kit installed by MTM-Canada/Horchaus and the Audi Lauzon service department in Montreal. The entire process was highly professional and I recommend to anyone wishing to tune their Audi's to contact Horchaus, the MTM-Canada importer, based in Montreal.

This is the full-blown kit with a Lysholm/Opcon twin-screw supercharger and a Laminova cylindrical air-water IC. I also have the MTM bivalved exhaust which uses the Sport button, MTM downpipes and MTM clutch/LWFW with a Sachs uprated PP sintered metal disc. All good for 530 screaming ponies. Yes the car flies. Here are some vids my buddy and I shot today-sorry for the amateur audio/video quality:

Walk around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raYs-Kc7i5c

Sounds like a chainsaw in the engine bay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCVHSOVHCA

In-car shoot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plSeFmzYK34

Listen again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRge84gbYKE

Outside-sorry for the traffic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_DHkObI_jY

And pics:

Attached Images      
Old 11-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
More pics:

Attached Images      
Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Weather Tech floor mats for the winter:

Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM
And MTM 19" rims for the summer tires-Michelin PS2 275's:

Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM
porschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to behold
Wow, beautiful and great sounding. Wish I could of kept it and done this upgrade. Is the increased power significant enough to require upgraded brakes? Additionally does this kit require the clutch/lwfw for optimal experience? Or would the stock clutch been sufficient enough? and finally is there a warranty MTM carriers for their product?

Thanks and wow again, amazing!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Nice Videos

Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by porschedds
Wow, beautiful and great sounding. Wish I could of kept it and done this upgrade. Is the increased power significant enough to require upgraded brakes? Additionally does this kit require the clutch/lwfw for optimal experience? Or would the stock clutch been sufficient enough? and finally is there a warranty MTM carriers for their product?

Thanks and wow again, amazing!
Thanks.

12-month warranty.

I wouldn't use the stock clutch with the kit since it would likely slip-torque jumps up by about 30% from 430 to 550Nm.

Brakes? They are the brakes from the Lambo Gallardo with 8-piston calipers up front. Hopefully the pads will last at least until Christmas.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Al
I love it bro.You just can't seem to leave anything alone can you. I'm hoping to get my R8 some real steroids soon as well.

Last edited by vincentdds; 11-02-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Porsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nice
Awesome Al! Congrats, I'm jealous! I'm still waiting for VF/GIAC SC for my S4. Yours sounds fantastic.

Hows the Noble holding up?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
fekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to behold
Car looks great, nicely done!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:47 PM
porschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to beholdporschedds is a splendid one to behold
Yea, the brakes are borrowed from the gallardo, but for some reason, they wore real quickly not only the pads but the rotors as well. Mine had gone through 3 sets by the time it hit 45k miles, no hard driving beyond street and no track time either.

Have you thought about grabbing a euro steering wheel? I was never able to get my hands on a decently prices euro spec rs4 flat bottom steering wheel. It gives it a nicer look and more clearance for say someone like my stature!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Vincent-none of my vehicles is stock.

Porsche Tech (Seth)-Yes, the Noble runs great-I rotated the car with my hypertuned 993 Turbo last summer at Watkins Glen.

Porschedds-perhaps the weight of the RS4 (nearly 1,000 lbs more than the Gallardo) is part of the explanation?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
torch frc is infamous around these parts
Sounds great

Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
use to have rs4, wanted this kit so bad. Congrats! and the exhaust sounds phenominal...miss the rs4 exhaust note, one of the best...wana see some 4 wheel burnouts! hate to say negatives but the MTM badge on the hood has to go.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:59 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
WOW! beautiful RS4. I love the MTM supercharger on it. hopefully one day I will have a RS4.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "The Cherry Bomb"-My RS4 with MTM supercharger