Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone own both an R8 and a Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:00 AM
trincap is a jewel in the roughtrincap is a jewel in the roughtrincap is a jewel in the roughtrincap is a jewel in the rough
You know I was thinking about this thread today driving the R8. The interesting thing is the Gallardo reminded me a bit of my F430. The stereo for example is practically pointless. The engine sound drowns out just about everything. Not that it's a bad sound, it's beautiful but perhaps not what you want to hear just going to the office. The R8 though with the windows up sounds perfectly fine. Reminded me of my M6 to be honest. In fact, I didn't realize how loud and aggressive the V10 was till today when I just happen to drive around with the windows down. I actually thought it was kind of muted till today. The R8 just "feels" like a normal sports car unless you punch it.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:17 PM
sakimano is infamous around these partssakimano is infamous around these parts
R8 would be a nice replacement as a DD.

Character of the R8 contrasts dramatically with the Gallardo so I don't reckon you'll feel like you have fraternal twins...more like cousins because the interior should feel very familiar. Visibility, comfort, liveable sound etc all make the R8 a great exoti-daily. Inside is actually quite civilized, and not that tough on the ears (or the ***) although if you're really tall there's a problem with no backseat to lean the seat back into as you may have done with the 996. If you already have a Gallardo, this should not be a problem.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
b45h1r is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by richkaltman
Hammering from day one...the 599 is faster!!! I think the V10 is the ultimate stealth daily driver.
I'd like to see the neighborhood where a V10 R8 is "stealth". Everyone I've ever seen in life has 6 people around it (parked or driving). I do agree it is probably the best exotic daily driver.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:51 AM
richkaltman has a spectacular aura aboutrichkaltman has a spectacular aura aboutrichkaltman has a spectacular aura about
OK maybe stealth is the wrong word!!!! I have to say I am loving this car...its almost perfect!!!