Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

World Premiere: The new Audi A8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
A long ways down my list of cars id even consider buying regardless of price.. Audi never excites me with anything they produce..

Mike

Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
A long ways down my list of cars id even consider buying regardless of price.. Audi never excites me with anything they produce..

Mike
And the one time in a decade they do produce something exciting they can't seem to figure out how to sell it in the United States...

Old 12-02-2009, 09:04 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
`And the one time in a decade they do produce something exciting they can't seem to figure out how to sell it in the United States...`

it is not Audi´s fault, it is the weak dollar that is responsible that many german cars will never see the shores of the US. that´s why Audi rather keep an eye on the asian market (where Audi has become the no1 premium brand this year) than on the US market.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
i guess i am the first one to say, i'd prefer older designs (including other models except A/S6). interior is definitely better but exterior is yuck.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:56 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
official trailer:

CLICK

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-02-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:51 PM
SpeedyB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cohenfive
audis seem to be blending into each other more and more as they introduce updated models...hard pressed to differentiate this from the new a4, and i think as a result we know exactly what the upcoming a6 will look like. this isn't necessarily a bad thing if you like the audi 'look'...which i happened to, but my wife yawns whenever she sees a new audi.
Couldn't agree more!

Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Yawn.
Well said. Couldn't agree more!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
I like the styling in a more compact size, like my S5 cabrio. This A8 just looks like an oversized S5 to me. Interior and lighting looks great, but the sides are boring.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AeroTT
That is awful. I also prefer the older model
+1, especially the looks of S8.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
`And the one time in a decade they do produce something exciting they can't seem to figure out how to sell it in the United States...`

it is not Audi´s fault, it is the weak dollar that is responsible that many german cars will never see the shores of the US. that´s why Audi rather keep an eye on the asian market (where Audi has become the no1 premium brand this year) than on the US market.
Right... because that strong Mexican Peso is why the RS6 is sold in Mexico?

They have been doing this for a while starting with the B5 RS4, where have you been?

Many German cars? Weird, BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche seem to have it figured out, maybe the problem is Audi's small production and inability to compete for the same $ in the world's largest auto market, the United States?

It really isn't that impressive to say Audi is the no.1 brand in Cambodia, let me know when they do it where it matters.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-03-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:18 AM
no need to get rude mate.
it is a well known fact that the weak dollar is the main reason, that german manufacturers have always been struggling to bring their whole range to the us. and it is a problem for all german car makers. it costs each one of em hundreds of millions in profit each year.
the only difference is that BMW and mercedes already have some facilities in the US, so they are able to bring a few more models to the us market and Porsche has a very small, high profit model range anyway.
Audi is growing in the US but they are clever enough to know which Audi models make sense and deliver significant profits and which does not. many people would love to see some more Audi sport models (S3, RS6 etc.) in the states but apparently it doesn`t make financial sense at the moment. and as i said, there are other regions in the world now who are growing fast as eff and are getting financially as attractive (if not more). but i am sure the US will see more and more Audi models in the future.

but let´s go back to topic.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-03-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned
I had no intention of being rude, I was simply stating how it is.

Please name these German producers that are struggling to bring their range here? Which producers, what models?

Last I checked, Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes are able to offer their M, AMG's, and Turbo models here. Porsche delivers the GT3, GT3-RS, and GT2 somehow and you are telling me the RS6 is something that is completely different economically?

Mercedes and BMW figured out how to do it and make a tidy profit, seems they don't feel the $ is too weak to ignore, they center production around it.

Audi is growing in the US after hurting themselves in the US with poor products and electrical issues that caused nightmares.

Audi simply can not deliver a competitive product for a competitive price in the United States. That is not the dollars fault, it is Audi's.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
i will sum that one up for u: u think that Audi, a company that is posting record sales and profits year after year over the last 10 years, is like a bunch of amateurs, who don`t know their business and are too stupid to bring some models to the US, which speaks for itself imho. no need to continue on that basis, we are worlds apart.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
i will sum that one up for u: u think that Audi, a company that is posting record sales and profits year after year over the last 10 years, is like a bunch of amateurs, who don`t know their business and are too stupid to bring some models to the US, which speaks for itself imho. no need to continue on that basis, we are worlds apart.
I did not say they were amateurs, you did. I said they can't compete for the dollar across the range with the BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche. That does not change no matter how many base A4's they sell.

I asked you to specifically tell me the number of German manufacturers not bringing specific models here due to the dollar. You still haven't done that, don't say it if you have nothing to back it up.

I have nothing against Audi, I want to see the high performance cars here, but they continue to come up short when they can't roll out the product world wide as everyone else seems to be able to. They just are not as strong as BMW, Mercedes, or Porsche, they still have a hell of a long way to go.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:02 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
so v10 from the R8 for the new S8?
Interior is remarkable, dont like the exterior much compared to the competition imo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: World Premiere: The new Audi A8