Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S5 vs. RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Domsz06 is infamous around these parts
wow, this thread went down hill super fast.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:57 AM
leighspped is infamous around these parts
I have a 2009 s5 and its a great car but i picked it up because i am 21 and my parents helping with the car said they didnt wanna pay for something with over 350hp to try to keep me out of trouble. its quick but not fast it reminds me of a 7 series very comfortable and gets where it wants to be but it doesnt really exhilarate like my test drive of an rs4.... you could always try to wait for an rs5 if it ever comes out...

hope it helps

Old 12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by leighspped
I have a 2009 s5 and its a great car but i picked it up because i am 21 and my parents helping with the car said they didnt wanna pay for something with over 350hp to try to keep me out of trouble. its quick but not fast it reminds me of a 7 series very comfortable and gets where it wants to be but it doesnt really exhilarate like my test drive of an rs4.... you could always try to wait for an rs5 if it ever comes out...

hope it helps
I wish I had parents that bought me a 60k+ car. Wow.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Bahnstoermer is infamous around these parts
First page was good... LOL.

S5 vs M3 vs 335 is all valid discussion and the reason I started reading this thread, for genuine experiences and thoughts on the matter, but let's knock off the arguing kids......there are crappy forums for that, 6Speed should be a step above the rest right

Old 12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
I don't quite know what to say about this thread now...maybe we just call it a draw and end it here?

I was simply trying to see if others shared my baseline impression of a 10 minute drive in an S5...that's it.

Your love or hate of a car is like beauty - it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you like 335's great! If you like S5's great! If you dislike either you should probably temper your public disdain until asked for your opinion...that's my view anyway.

If your neighbor pulled up in a new 335/S5/Volvo would your first reaction be to tell him how it's not a real track/touring/race/commuting car and rail into him about how your car is better? I certainly hope not.

Anyway, my rant is over...I won't be looking at this thread again so keep fighting for all I care.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:50 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
Your love or hate of a car is like beauty - it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you like 335's great! If you like S5's great! If you dislike either you should probably temper your public disdain until asked for your opinion...that's my view anyway.

If your neighbor pulled up in a new 335/S5/Volvo would your first reaction be to tell him how it's not a real track/touring/race/commuting car and rail into him about how your car is better? I certainly hope not.

Anyway, my rant is over...I won't be looking at this thread again so keep fighting for all I care.
Definitely agree

Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
missmelva is infamous around these parts
when the RS5 will be announced ?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:46 PM
sprinter is infamous around these parts
I just saw my first S5 on the street yesterday. I own a 2007 RS4. The S5 is a beautiful car but it isn't an RS4!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by missmelva
when the RS5 will be announced ?
nothing public yet. Rumor is late 2010 as a 2011 model....

Old 12-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Raydius is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sprinter
I just saw my first S5 on the street yesterday. I own a 2007 RS4. The S5 is a beautiful car but it isn't an RS4!
I'm of course totally biased but I think that while the S5 looks sharp in completely stock form, it doesn't really take on that 'semi-exotic' look until it gets modified. This is my S5, it gets stared at by other S5 owners I see on the road (I work in Beverly Hills so by now unfortunately it's starting to lose its rarity; I see about 1-2 a day haha):

Old 12-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Looks good.

I get a lot of looks from mine, esp when I was in the LA area. The black chromed rims are pretty sharp IMO.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:58 AM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SeattleTTS
Stock 335 will be right with, if not slightly ahead of, a stock S5. If you have beaten one before, it was definitely driver error on their part (or possibly your above average in that department). But stock 335 is 0-60 in about 5 secs - which is right on par with the S5.
Ok if we're going to bark up this tree can we do it civil, please?

Based on what you said about stock 335's being in the same ball park as the S5 how can you say one is faster than the other? Yes based on previous experiences I have not lost to a STOCK 335, but on the other hand I've been smoked by a tuned one. Also besides the previously posted Fortitude review, and the 5th Speed video all other evidence and reviews points to the S5 being quicker. Just want to (CIVILLY) know where you are getting your info from, experience of professional tests?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SeattleTTS
Stock 335 will be right with, if not slightly ahead of, a stock S5. If you have beaten one before, it was definitely driver error on their part (or possibly your above average in that department). But stock 335 is 0-60 in about 5 secs - which is right on par with the S5.
Exactly, and don't waste your time, guy does not know what he is talking about. Let him run on a strip and see if he can come anywhere near the 335 times if he wants to prove how he has never "lost" to a stock 335.

Not to mention the 335 now has a performance package option which is being ignored. Straight line speed is clearly in the 335's court, cars are capable of going deep into the 11's, it isn't even a comparison, this is common knowledge.

An interesting video, fifth gear has the 335 coming out on top around the track even without an LSD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHj0zbhjLZI

Last edited by CURI0; 12-19-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by CURI0
Exactly, and don't waste your time, guy does not know what he is talking about. Let him run on a strip and see if he can come anywhere near the 335 times if he wants to prove how he has never "lost" to a stock 335.

Not to mention the 335 now has a performance package option which is being ignored. Straight line speed is clearly in the 335's court, cars are capable of going deep into the 11's, it isn't even a comparison, this is common knowledge.

An interesting video, fifth gear has the 335 coming out on top around the track even without an LSD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHj0zbhjLZI
No CURI0, just no. Leave, you are a leach sucking this thread for all it's worth. In my post, had you read it you would have seen I addressed that video.

Let him back up his statement, he is a big boy, and he doesn't need the spokesperson of BMW in here. Just shoe-fly.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Just like yours, here is a video of an S5 beating the 335, it all typically comes down to driver vs. driver, but both equally driven AS MOST tests suggest the S5 is slightly ahead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKh4Z45JJWI

also, she had ESP on in the S5 during the 5th Gear Video

Last edited by JonM; 12-19-2009 at 04:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S5 vs. RS4