Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My B8 S4, with exhaust/intake/etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:16 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
My B8 S4, with exhaust/intake/etc

I posted this on the Audi forums as well some others... figured might as well throw it out here in case anyone is interested....

2010 Audi S4

Milltek Full exhaust (non resonated)
Stramosphere Intake
Various tint/badges/other stupid stuff
Chip: not yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy6LZ...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqWQJ...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkCJE...layer_embedded

Old 04-24-2010, 04:22 AM
kailuaboy has a spectacular aura aboutkailuaboy has a spectacular aura about
sounds good....i have a sprint blue s4 showing up end of june.....i can only hope that chips will be out by then. they should make the car a beast.....mtm get 430ish hp with a piggy back so chips should be there if not more as they will be able to change the timing much more than the piggy back. fingers crossed

Old 04-24-2010, 07:42 AM
GTA_6speed is infamous around these parts
Love the supercharger whine! Car looks fantastic, congrats

Old 04-24-2010, 09:41 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kailuaboy
sounds good....i have a sprint blue s4 showing up end of june.....i can only hope that chips will be out by then. they should make the car a beast.....mtm get 430ish hp with a piggy back so chips should be there if not more as they will be able to change the timing much more than the piggy back. fingers crossed
Yeah, the MTM chip is a piggyback.. while a nice chip, it's fairly expensive and the 430hp rating is crank, not wheel. The car itself is underrated with dyno's showing closer to 365 crank HP, not 333 that Audi has advertised. So the MTM system isn't adding a ton of HP... perhaps 40 at the wheels?

I'm waiting for a full CPU flash, companies like APR, etc are working on. Sounds like there could be some really big gains, somewhat like the old B5's.

Originally Posted by GTA_6speed
Love the supercharger whine! Car looks fantastic, congrats
Thanks!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Boondocksts is infamous around these parts
Car sounds great, plus the supercharger whine is always fun to hear. How has the noise level changed in the cabin?

Old 04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
kailuaboy has a spectacular aura aboutkailuaboy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DrVolkl

I'm waiting for a full CPU flash, companies like APR, etc are working on. Sounds like there could be some really big gains, somewhat like the old B5's.

Thanks!

Ya that seems to be what most are saying i know that with the pulley thats on the supercharger its capable of a bit over 17psi of boost but the audi tune peaks at 11ish. this leave a lot on the table for a tune. even at 430 crank it turns into a pretty ridiculous car for the money. i could for sure see 450 crank hp with the intake and full exhaust and that would put the car damn near 11 in the 1/4 mile with a decent driver as people are pulling 12.9 with the car already. heres to hoping the chips are out sooner rather than later

Old 04-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Boondocksts
Car sounds great, plus the supercharger whine is always fun to hear. How has the noise level changed in the cabin?
Well, you can hear the exhaust and intake now when you're driving, but not obnoxious at all. At cruising speed you can't hear anything, just WOT brings a symphony into the car, but not loud enough to overpower the radio.

It's loudest if you bog the engine... say stomp on it in 6th gear at 30mph or something... but I don't really do that. Milltek makes a resonated version of this exhaust that is pretty damn quiet. I wanted a little more noise....plus the cool oval black tips.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
GIAC_RS6 is infamous around these parts
Very nice S4!

Will be looking forward to see your gains when it's chipped..

Old 04-25-2010, 05:26 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Sounds nice, did that SC sound come when you installed the intake?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by cohare
Sounds nice, did that SC sound come when you installed the intake?
Yeah, with the stock intake the car has no SC whine at all.. very quiet. With the stock exhaust this car is about as loud as a Prius. I always enjoyed a little extra noise on my "fun" cars... lets you know when you're getting on it.

If you're not under full throttle, you really don't hear the SC, hence the "slow drive by" vid.

The intake definitely lets people know you're coming!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
nice S4. sounds awesome.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
sounds great at wot, and quiet as a sleeping baby just cruising by....

Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Love it! I'm still strongly considering the B8S4 as my next daily. A little more power would seal the deal for me.

Who installed your mods?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 AM
skiS4fun is infamous around these parts
Sounds many times better then the stock B8. I still like the V8 rumble.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
So would you say the s/c whine is the main noice from in cab or is it the engine in general? How much do they run?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.