Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Has anyone who owned an E46 M3 moved to/from an Audi S4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 PM
CJF
CJF is infamous around these parts
e46 m3 vs. b6 s4

i recently went from a 2005 m3 to a 2004 s4. both cars are quite good.

from someone who has owned both cars, i really think that the top gear comparison is very accurate. the s4 is just more civilized, more boring if you want to say it that way. it is by no means boring, but is compared to the m3. with all of that said, i could not be happier with the s4.

for me, i needed to get out of a coupe and into a sedan. i like german cars, sports sedans and N/A engines. s4 seemed like a good fit, and so far it has been.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
nota_troll is infamous around these partsnota_troll is infamous around these parts
E46 M3 is way better than any S4.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Banned
Haystack615 is infamous around these parts
who would do that? slower on road and track and more ugly. E46 design is a classic

Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CJF
i recently went from a 2005 m3 to a 2004 s4. both cars are quite good.

from someone who has owned both cars, i really think that the top gear comparison is very accurate. the s4 is just more civilized, more boring if you want to say it that way. it is by no means boring, but is compared to the m3. with all of that said, i could not be happier with the s4.

for me, i needed to get out of a coupe and into a sedan. i like german cars, sports sedans and N/A engines. s4 seemed like a good fit, and so far it has been.
what he said ^

audi feels bigger inside, recaros are much better than the m seats, much more comfortable as a dd, not as fun to drive as the m even though s is faster arround a track, the m feels more raw and more like a race car, s feels like more like a gt, both awesome cars, i love both of them...for different reasons

Old 07-04-2010, 11:05 AM
MK4lowIRA is infamous around these partsMK4lowIRA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Efterlyst27
I dont have any experience with the brand new 3.0 TT S4. I'll just assume its a B5 on steroids. amirite?
The 3.0 in the B8 S4 is supercharged, not TT. I is based on the 3.2 that is in the A4/A5/A6/Q5, and not too much in common with the old 2.7TT, and in my opinion, much better powerplant than the V8, but it doesn't have the sound.

Last edited by MK4lowIRA; 07-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Iceman
I have an M3 ..dinan everything.. . Its fast , loud , great on the track . I'd just go for a spin in it just to hear the throaty exhaust note .

I bought an s4 , have spent 2 weeks straight doing mods ...... and .....its not an m3 my m3 is barbaric , i look forward to driving it anywhere !!! the s4 is different .its a great car ...just not as fun. maybe i should have forked out a little more for the rs4.
+1

The B7 S4 is just not that involving to drive compared to the M....I threw everything but the kitchen sink at my S4, Revo tune, carbonio intake, coilovers, complete milltek exhaust with downpipes etc. and it was nothing more than a gas guzzling pig!

The B8 S4 on the other hand is faster, more linear and overall a much better car IMO!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:00 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
the e46 m3's exhaust note is totally a matter of perspective.. some might hear it and think it sounds like a vespa, and some might think it sounds like an exotic car. either way it sounds great with turbo chargers instead of those tinny resonators
[youtube]wYKHB9wrBdc[/youtube]
start watching at 2:07 so you dont have to hear this annoying passenger talk.. my god he ruined this video.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
To the OP are you talking B5, B6, B7, or B8 S4? And are you comparing it to an E36, E46 or E9x M3?

Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1
To the OP are you talking B5, B6, B7, or B8 S4? And are you comparing it to an E36, E46 or E9x M3?

Originally Posted by Dreamliner
I am considering buying a 2006(?) Audi S4 and just got rid of my 2004 BMW M3. I am just curious about whether or not anyone on here has experience with both cars. Your thoughts?
germeezy, did you not read the OP?

Old 07-05-2010, 04:00 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I read that, but this thread has taken other tangents...so I was not sure. My bad....

Old 07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
word........that happens much too often around here!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
The B8 S4 loses the exhaust noise but I feel that its a much better platform and the torque vectoring is amazing. B6 or B7 modified right sounds better than the M3 , but it tangibly and feel wise can't compare to the E46 M3. IMO

Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM
+1 the B8 is far superior in terms of technology, fit and feel than the E46......and because it's boosted, it won't take much to squeeze some safe power out of it!

My B7 handled like a Sherman tank, and that was with H&R coilovers!

Old 07-05-2010, 06:10 PM
600WHP S4 is infamous around these parts
should of kept the e46 m3 I would look into a used rs6 or a b5 s4 the two best audi's on this side of the pond.....Or get a e55 amg

Old 07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
No offense, but B5's are so long in the tooth and years behind current platforms, that unless you plan on dumping loads of cash and countless man hours (just look at your top end, it's completely rebuilt)..............no says I

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone who owned an E46 M3 moved to/from an Audi S4?