Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi A1: Strong demand makes it fastest selling model in history

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Audi A1: Strong demand makes it fastest selling model in history

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=250424

Peter Schwarzenbauer, Audi Sales CEO, said Audi had taken more orders for the new A1 in its first four weeks
on sale than for any other model in its history.
“In Europe, we will experience an additional [sales] boost with the A1,” he said. “We have been taking orders
for the past four weeks, and so far have registered more orders than for any other model in such an early phase.”

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 06-10-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:24 PM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
Ugly as hell this car. Way over priced in this car class.
Who the hell wants to drive this car (esp. Male)?

Although I am not a fan of the Mini - I would prefer the Mini over this "car".

Old 06-10-2010, 05:04 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
well, Audi must have done sth. rite with it.
The Advantage of the A1 is, that it is the 1st small car that is really premium and that Audi offers has looots of ways to customize it, for example:

Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 PM
FAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the rough
I'm curious how small it really is. GTI sized? Mini sized? Smaller? I don't think a car in this price range smaller than a GTI would sell. I mean, you can just look at the 2008 R32 to see that Americans won't pay 30k for a small 2 door hatchback.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
Especially in the US nobody would buy this "premium" box.
There are way better alternatives (cheaper) japanese/us made - if you dont want to be a fashion *****.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 AM
@geestyleed, that´s why the A1 has been ruled out for the US market at the moment, maybe in 4-5 years or so.
AUDI NA CEO De Nysschen said, that the US is not ready for such a premium compact car like other parts in the world (Europe, Asia etc.).
Americans are not willing to invest that kind of money for a compact car, they are still more about size than premium.

@FAUEE, it has the size (length) of the New VW Polo.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Jake_Sully is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FAUEE
I'm curious how small it really is. GTI sized? Mini sized? Smaller? I don't think a car in this price range smaller than a GTI would sell. I mean, you can just look at the 2008 R32 to see that Americans won't pay 30k for a small 2 door hatchback.
I see quite a few R32s around in SoCal. not uncommon.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:10 AM
The current Polo / A1 has got the size of the GOLF III 15 years ago and is much lighter than the current GOLF VI. So with the right engine the upcoming Audi S1 should handle a lot better than the R32 / GOLF-R and it should be significantly cheaper too. Maybe they will build an RS-1 Version too.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by geestyleed
Especially in the US nobody would buy this "premium" box.
There are way better alternatives (cheaper) japanese/us made - if you dont want to be a fashion *****.
thats what people said about the a3..lol

Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 PM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alex911s
thats what people said about the a3..lol

you mean the audi golf?

a1 is an audi mini cooper!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Roswell is infamous around these parts
It may not be a great looking car but I think it would sell well in the urban areas of the US. I live in downtown Boston and if you could get this with Quattro it'll certainly eat up a lot of sales from Mini (before their AWD model starts selling) and Smart. Boston Parking is a premium and would become much easier with an all wheel drive compact. A snowstorm can effect parking for days.

Also, I don't think it is much about being a fashion *****-- Some people just like a comfortable smaller car with more luxuries than a VW. As a second car to my S5 this would be fun to dodge traffic with and park anywhere without worrying. On the highway? No thanks.

Also, Audi's don't get very good mileage, they need this to bring the companies' average up to meet guidelines created by the O in DC.