Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A New "M3 EATR" Joins the Family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:53 AM
ChrisF1220 is infamous around these partsChrisF1220 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by signes
I do and I find that very hard to believe. The variable there is the driver which obviously makes the biggest difference in any contest. With the same driver in each car, this doesn't happen.

As for the RS5, Sport Auto just did a comparison and have a look at the results (not on their site yet but the summary results are shown in the thread below.) Kind of sad since I actually would have liked to see the RS5 do better (as the RS4 did against the E46.)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...69&postcount=1
such a shame. There was so much room for improvement... Still a VERY pretty car at least.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:12 AM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Awesome car! Congrats. You mention that you have Sportster CS seats, but I see the "RS4" embroidered on yours. Did you have that put on a pair of Sportster CS's, or are these the real Euro-spec RS4 seats? I ask because I am getting Sportster CS seats put into my R8 so that I can use harnesses, and chose them because they look pretty identical to the Euro-spec R8 seats, other than no electronics (adjustment/airbag/heated seats), and the five-figure price tag that comes with getting the real ones. I guess what I am really asking is, did Recaro supply you an actual set of Euro-spec seats?
They are sportster CS's with all custom leather work to match the stock leather in the rest of the car.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:27 AM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Yeah, after I sold my last RS4 (should not have) I drove everything I could including several 911's, a 911S, M3 coupe, M3 sedan (both DCT), 2 different C63's, and a 135i trying to find a replacement for the RS but none of them gave me the overall satisfaction the RS4 did. If I wanted the best "numbers" car I would have bought a Z06 or something like that. I actually really liked the C63 but the fact is I can't throw a rock without hitting a C class around here so it just seemed "common" (even though it's really not). The M is a great car but I just didn't gel with it even though I really wanted to. In the end the whole package of the RS is what does it for me...great performance, unsurpassed build quality, and a rarity that I like.

There's no doubt that all of the cars in the same class are great and most would be lucky to own any of them.

...that said, any E9X M3's want to come put my plate to the test just let me know...

Old 06-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by dsg03svt
Beautiful car. Where in San Antonio are you? I just picked up an 08 black IS-F and wouldn't mind cruising around one of these days. I'm on the north side (Stone Oak).
Ditto for me. I live in Rogers Ranch (1604/Bitters).

I'm pretty sure I'll be heading to the Cars'n'Coffee get together next Saturday morning. It will be on Sat, June 26th at Panera Bread Co., on 1604 and Blanco from 8:30-11am.

It's been a while since I went but there's usually some nice cars there. If you go make sure to stop by and maybe we can put something together.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:36 AM
ChrisF1220 is infamous around these partsChrisF1220 is infamous around these parts
Love the stance of your RS. My next mod is going to be coilovers, no doubt!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisF1220
Love the stance of your RS. My next mod is going to be coilovers, no doubt!
Yeah, it makes a big difference both in the stance and the handling of the car.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:20 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
no offense
but the only m3 you might eat would be a 1988 4 cylinder m3 ..

Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not offended in any way.

The history of the plate is that a friend of mine had (just sold) an E90 M3 DCT and I got the plate just to poke at him a bit.

Interestingly I'm not so sure it won't eat an E90 M3 in its current trim. A stock RS4 ran 8:09 at the 'ring and a stock E92 M2 ran it in 8:05. I think most would agree (or not maybe) that the 'ring is a very good and comparable test of a cars overall performance.

That being said I have driven a stock RS4 and now this fairly well modded RS4 and can tell you that I would be shocked if the suspension alone isn't worth at least 4 seconds at the track. Add vastly improved brakes and a few go fast goodies and I think that same test would result in the RS4 beating the M3.

YES, I know I just compared a modded RS4 to a stock M3 so don't freak out.

I also know that the RS4 is far easier to drive fast than the M3. In skilled hands there are many sources which show the M3's superiority at the track. I can't argue that. But in Joe Shmo's hands it's a whole different story. I know us guys like to all think we're Parnelli Jones behind the wheel but 99% of us aren't. This gives the RS4 the advantage because most of you (and me) just can't wring out that last 5-10% from an M3. We don't have the skill. But an RS4...AWD...maybe we get another 5% out of it and that gives it the edge in "normal" dudes hands. You may not want to think this is true but I would bet it is.

BTW - the fastest E30 (4 banger) M3 I could find at the same track ran a 9:34. I didn't look very hard but that's a pretty big gap.

And don't get me wrong M3 lovers...I love 'em too except for the fact that they're BMW's. You know what the difference is between a BMW and a porcupine? On a porcupine the ****** are on the outside. Just don't tell my wife I said that since she drives an X3.

And my offer still stands...any M3's want to come run with me just say the word...road course, roll ons, 1/4 miles...you name it as long as it's within 50 miles of here. Loser pays the tab.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:46 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Who cares what said RS4 eats, it still looks great and if you drop it off at GMG for a week of tender loving care, it will sound and perform great as well!

Old 06-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Jesse_Boyer is infamous around these parts
bloody gorgeous! One of the best daily-driver-fun cars ever.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:23 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
I'm not offended in any way.

The history of the plate is that a friend of mine had (just sold) an E90 M3 DCT and I got the plate just to poke at him a bit.

Interestingly I'm not so sure it won't eat an E90 M3 in its current trim. A stock RS4 ran 8:09 at the 'ring and a stock E92 M2 ran it in 8:05. I think most would agree (or not maybe) that the 'ring is a very good and comparable test of a cars overall performance.

That being said I have driven a stock RS4 and now this fairly well modded RS4 and can tell you that I would be shocked if the suspension alone isn't worth at least 4 seconds at the track. Add vastly improved brakes and a few go fast goodies and I think that same test would result in the RS4 beating the M3.

YES, I know I just compared a modded RS4 to a stock M3 so don't freak out.

I also know that the RS4 is far easier to drive fast than the M3. In skilled hands there are many sources which show the M3's superiority at the track. I can't argue that. But in Joe Shmo's hands it's a whole different story. I know us guys like to all think we're Parnelli Jones behind the wheel but 99% of us aren't. This gives the RS4 the advantage because most of you (and me) just can't wring out that last 5-10% from an M3. We don't have the skill. But an RS4...AWD...maybe we get another 5% out of it and that gives it the edge in "normal" dudes hands. You may not want to think this is true but I would bet it is.

BTW - the fastest E30 (4 banger) M3 I could find at the same track ran a 9:34. I didn't look very hard but that's a pretty big gap.

And don't get me wrong M3 lovers...I love 'em too except for the fact that they're BMW's. You know what the difference is between a BMW and a porcupine? On a porcupine the ****** are on the outside. Just don't tell my wife I said that since she drives an X3.

And my offer still stands...any M3's want to come run with me just say the word...road course, roll ons, 1/4 miles...you name it as long as it's within 50 miles of here. Loser pays the tab.
Well shoot if I was closer I would love to run just for the fun of it. In most cases you would win from a dig given the AWD launch, but i doubt you would be able to pull on a stock e9x M3 DCT from a roll, especially if it is slightly modded. There are tons of people on m3post in TX so maybe you should see if someone from there wants to run! My 6-speed e92 gained 21whp from cats and x-pipe and I am running the stock tune. I would be surprised if your car could pull from a roll on my car to be honest. Beautiful car though!

Old 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
You're probably right Jay but the fun is finding out!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:06 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
+1

What's the point if you don't race what you brung.........or something like that LOL!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:48 PM
07STi Mike is infamous around these parts
Lovely RS4 one of my favorite Audis besides the R*

Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Sheet man, I'll race any of ya'll in my RS4. Didn't clean the carbon out after 25k, so if I lose, I'm blaming it on that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A New "M3 EATR" Joins the Family