Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A New "M3 EATR" Joins the Family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:27 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PSYS
It's definitely a matter of personal preference.

I'd take the RS4 over the maintenance-hungry RS6 anyday.
Never really been impressed with the long wheelbase of the S8 and the R8 is in a class all by itself.
Interesting, care to enlighten us about the "maintenance" appetite of the new RS6 Avant and how you have surmised this conclusion?

Old 06-27-2010, 04:32 PM
03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !
Maint-hungry?

RS6?

Someone tell me about it. My RS6 has been the most reliable and trouble free car I have ever owned. Fast as hell and comfortable.

Avg yearly maint cost? about 700 bucks.

It's definitely a matter of personal preference.

I'd take the RS4 over the maintenance-hungry RS6 anyday.
Never really been impressed with the long wheelbase of the S8 and the R8 is in a class all by itself.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:42 PM
PSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud of
In comparison and what I was referring to, I know of exactly two individuals who own a mid-2007 RS6 and a late model 2008 RS6. While I'm not a service advisor for Audi, I've seen the maintenance records for these vehicles and saying it's ridiculous - doesn't seem to do the situation any justice whatsoever.

My two pennies. I'm not an expert by a long shot. Either these two completely different individuals with two completely different year model RS6's both got "lemons" from Audi's in two different states... or it's a very strong coincidence.

Last edited by PSYS; 06-27-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:08 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
In comparison and what I was referring to, I know of exactly two individuals who own a mid-2007 RS6 and a late model 2008 RS6. While I'm not a service advisor for Audi, I've seen the maintenance records for these vehicles and saying it's ridiculous - doesn't seem to do the situation any justice whatsoever.

My two pennies. I'm not an expert by a long shot. Either these two completely different individuals with two completely different year model RS6's both got "lemons" from Audi's in two different states... or it's a very strong coincidence.

Interesting, because there isn't an 07 RS6 (C6 production started mid 2008) and is available only in Europe and the C5 platform was produced only from 02-04........

So either your "friends" are driving around a car that doesn't exist, and/or they are doing said driving in Europe!

I must warn you, choose your next few words carefully because this thread isn't going well for you

Last edited by UMADBRO; 06-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
Dr. Ferdinand - thanks for the note. Your mod list as also a pretty long one - I would love to see some pics of your car. Sprint Blue is a fantastic color. Question for you, what size tires are you running? I was thinking of adding spacers but I'm running 275's so I'm not sure how much I can get away with.
Yeah, I am a bit mod crazy too, here is a list of things I have done on the RS4, which granted is not at all 'mod-friendly' (especially when it comes to performance enhancements, one reason I wanted the 135i which is much more 'tuner friendly' platform).

2008 Audi B7 RS4:
Factory love: Sprint Blue, Ivory Leather, Premium Package, Titanium Package, iPod
Mods: STaSIS MotorSport Coilovers, 10mm MTM Spacers, Valved Deresonated Black Milltek Exhaust, Euro Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, JHM Short Shifter, StopTech Brake Pads, StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines, K&N Air Filter, Tint, Clear Bra, Lamin-X, ADR Valentine 1, Lidatek Laser Jammer, DTH Carbon Fiber Engine trim, R8 Engine Caps, Dunlop 3D 255/35/19 rubber on extra set of stock non-Ti 19inch rims for winter fun.

Attaching some pics below from a recent meet, as well as one from the winter (with the winter wheels).

As far as your question, you can safely put 275/30/19s on the stock rims with spacers and Stasis MS. I believe the prvious owner was runing 275s on his HRE rims which he sold separately. Just keep in mind some tires tend to have a wider contact patch relative to others, even though they are technically the same size (for example, the Bridgestone RE11s which are my personal favorite are a tad wider than the PS2 as they don't have the typical curve on the proflie, and are heavier as well given their stiffer sidewall.)

Attached Images     
Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 AM
03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !
Hey there IS-F

You know your Audi's well.

+1

Waiting for the answer to the attached questions. And just for fun....from my buddy V8weight. Just an old school C5RS6.

Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Interesting, because there isn't an 07 RS6 (C6 production started mid 2008) and is available only in Europe and the C5 platform was produced only from 02-04........

So either your "friends" are driving around a car that doesn't exist, and/or they are doing said driving in Europe!

I must warn you, choose your next few words carefully because this thread isn't going well for you

Last edited by 03RSTT; 06-28-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:54 PM
cj350 is infamous around these parts
nice tag love the car

Old 06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
PSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud ofPSYS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UMADBRO

You're correct... again.

But, I went back and re-read what I wrote and I don't think I said they were my friends...? *checking again* Nope.

Anywho, I know an individual who is a service advisor at an Audi dealership (dealership / state withheld due to privacy reasons) so I had them right fax me a copy of the window sticker for one of the vehicle's in question. This "client" is one of his and the window stickers for precertified [Audi] vehicles are kept on record at this particular dealership.

The error is mine when I said "RS6".
[One of] the vehicles is a 2008 Audi S6.

I do hope I have chosen my words carefully enough and corrected any misinformation that I stated previously.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Yeah, I am a bit mod crazy too, here is a list of things I have done on the RS4, which granted is not at all 'mod-friendly' (especially when it comes to performance enhancements, one reason I wanted the 135i which is much more 'tuner friendly' platform).

2008 Audi B7 RS4:
Factory love: Sprint Blue, Ivory Leather, Premium Package, Titanium Package, iPod
Mods: STaSIS MotorSport Coilovers, 10mm MTM Spacers, Valved Deresonated Black Milltek Exhaust, Euro Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, JHM Short Shifter, StopTech Brake Pads, StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines, K&N Air Filter, Tint, Clear Bra, Lamin-X, ADR Valentine 1, Lidatek Laser Jammer, DTH Carbon Fiber Engine trim, R8 Engine Caps, Dunlop 3D 255/35/19 rubber on extra set of stock non-Ti 19inch rims for winter fun.

Attaching some pics below from a recent meet, as well as one from the winter (with the winter wheels).

As far as your question, you can safely put 275/30/19s on the stock rims with spacers and Stasis MS. I believe the prvious owner was runing 275s on his HRE rims which he sold separately. Just keep in mind some tires tend to have a wider contact patch relative to others, even though they are technically the same size (for example, the Bridgestone RE11s which are my personal favorite are a tad wider than the PS2 as they don't have the typical curve on the proflie, and are heavier as well given their stiffer sidewall.)
Thanks for the info and great looking car! Love the Sprint Blue.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Big difference between a RS6 and a S6 my friend.

There is only one beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ooKF...layer_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=407c4...eature=related

You're correct... again.

But, I went back and re-read what I wrote and I don't think I said they were my friends...? *checking again* Nope.

Anywho, I know an individual who is a service advisor at an Audi dealership (dealership / state withheld due to privacy reasons) so I had them right fax me a copy of the window sticker for one of the vehicle's in question. This "client" is one of his and the window stickers for precertified [Audi] vehicles are kept on record at this particular dealership.

I do hope I have chosen my words carefully enough and corrected any misinformation that I stated previously.

Last edited by 03RSTT; 06-28-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
You're correct... again.

Well if the 2008 you mentioned is an S6, then what car were you referring to when you mentioned the 2007 RS6 because that car doesn't exist?

If you're going to just start spewing inane facts about the mechanical prowess of cars that don't exist and that you obviously know nothing about, you might want to check your facts more carefully.......this forum is home to some of the best tuners and performance companies around, not to mention high performance car owners with 20-30+ years of experience; we don't impress easily!

-cheers

Last edited by UMADBRO; 06-28-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 PM
They were both S6's. Not RS6's as I previously stated.

I apologize for "spewing inane facts". I hope I do not make anymore errors in your presence. Thank you, sir, may I have another? Not sure how much more I can apologize for the mis-quoted fact that I previously stated...?

Good grief...

Last edited by PSYS; 06-28-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:40 PM
They were both S6's. Not RS6's as I previously stated.

I apologize for "spewing inane facts". I hope I do not make anymore errors in your presence. Thank you, sir, may I have another? Not sure how much more I can apologize for the mis-quoted fact that I previously stated...?

Good grief...
You have an R32 as your avatar, I will let this one slide

Lighten up dude..........even though said forum is all that and a bag of chips, it's teh interwebz brother, not life or death!

+rep

Old 06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
+1 for you, as well.

This kind of discussion would have ended in name-calling or big-head syndrome on most other forums. It's nice to be able to discuss such a wide variety of topics and keep everything on track.

Everyone here is extremely knowledgeable, very informative and passionate about life.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 PM
No problem guys,

Play the 2nd vid to the 8:15 mark which is where the fun starts. RS6...some of the best work Quattro gmbh has ever put out.

I also like the RS4 but they just dont have the grunt of that twin turbo. Ask any Gumpert owner.

Last edited by 03RSTT; 06-28-2010 at 07:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A New "M3 EATR" Joins the Family