Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Supercharger or Turbo kit for the S5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Supercharger or Turbo kit for the S5?

Whats out there other than MTM?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 PM
switchface is infamous around these parts
VF has plans for a s/c (its on their site) but they seem to have pulled back.

PES is trying to put together a s/c kit.

Abt has a s/c, but from what I know its similar to the MTM kit in price.

APR has said they were entertaining the idea and that you'd be paying for their quality (i.e. not cheap either).

There is a long thread about possible supercharger setups over on a5oc.com...you should check that. I don't see why there are so many s/c kits for the m3 but they can't seem to put one out for the s5. I'd probably pickup a s5 right now if v/f released an affordable s/c kit with GIAC software.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:44 AM
sakimano is infamous around these partssakimano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by switchface
VF has plans for a s/c (its on their site) but they seem to have pulled back.

PES is trying to put together a s/c kit.

Abt has a s/c, but from what I know its similar to the MTM kit in price.

APR has said they were entertaining the idea and that you'd be paying for their quality (i.e. not cheap either).

There is a long thread about possible supercharger setups over on a5oc.com...you should check that. I don't see why there are so many s/c kits for the m3 but they can't seem to put one out for the s5. I'd probably pickup a s5 right now if v/f released an affordable s/c kit with GIAC software.
those poor buggers on A5oc.com...they don't know it but they're getting conned by PES on the group buy. I tried to 'educate' them on PES' awful history, and the absolute unsuitability of the Eaton M90 supercharger on a 4.2 V8 Audi, but they don't seem to want to hear it

PES have supercharged the S4 and the RS4...and we've got dozens of pulls and quartermile runs to show that the M90 just can't make enough hp to be worthwhile. We're talking like 60hp over stock. So sad...because PES sells them as making 130-150 over stock.

PES joined in as a paying site sponsor, and I was banned the next week. Comical. Fortunately I think I got the word out to a few of them.

It's funny...in 3 years PES has provided

ZERO quarter mile times
ZERO 0-60 times
ZERO 0-100 times
ZERO 60-130 times

In the whole time, they couldn't buy a gtech or a pbox? they couldn't go to the dragstrip? No...they know the cars don't perform to the claims, so they just sell it on a corrected dyno sheet.

I hear PES is banned from here too? And Audiworld? And Audizine? That should tell people something.

For the record, JHM might make an S5 version of their B6/7 S4 4.2 centrifugal supercharger. Their S4 trapped 119mph in 90 degree heat at DA 2500. Yup...119mph. Stock S4 is 102mph in good conditions. 17mph of trap speed is pretty frigging serious on a 3800lb car. I really hope the charge the S5 and the RS4...would be nice to step into one of those in a year or two.

Last edited by sakimano; 10-06-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 AM
bond525is is infamous around these parts
Get a Supercharge kit from a reputable company.

Somehow PES seemed to be the ones that gets the thumbs down for support.