Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Building an A4 Avant - Want Quick

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Overdraft is infamous around these parts
Building an A4 Avant - Want Quick

All - just sold my RS4 (that I loved) which was my daily driver for 4 years and have ordered for my wife an 2011 A4 Avant with 2.0 T. It has an S line package and I have coming a Caractere body conversion c/w exhaust. Wondering about good quality engine upgrades to make the car a little more responsive and fun to drive. I have attached a picture of the car I am putting together. All ideas welcome and thanks.

Attached Images    
Old 09-26-2010, 09:40 PM
SebringSilver is infamous around these parts
Congratulations. That is a beautiful car. To me, it's a far better alternative than buying an SUV. Good luck with the upcoming mods.

Originally Posted by Overdraft
All - just sold my RS4 (that I loved) which was my daily driver for 4 years and have ordered for my wife an 2011 A4 Avant with 2.0 T. It has an S line package and I have coming a Caractere body conversion c/w exhaust. Wondering about good quality engine upgrades to make the car a little more responsive and fun to drive. I have attached a picture of the car I am putting together. All ideas welcome and thanks.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 PM
fatbrembos is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Congratulations. That is a beautiful car. To me, it's a far better alternative than buying an SUV. Good luck with the upcoming mods.
yep i have to agree with you on that one

engine upgrades id say: ecu, exhaust, downpipe, cold air intake, those are some pretty good upgrades
ecu alone is already a great one
congrats on the car by the way

Old 09-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Great Choice and gorgeous car. Obviously you could probably get more advice from other sites more focused on Audi, but from my research when looking into buying a similar car I can say a few things. The engines are very upgradeable for more power. My local dealer and other dealers use STASIS Engineering. Visit their website as they have performance packs and back them by warranty.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sigSeries_a4.php

Click on the link and then go to performance to see the substantial claimed gains. I have read about them in magazines so I assume their information is accurate and it does have a warranty. Some dealers are very willing to install and back it too!

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 AM
^^ +1

Stasis is a very well-respected firm for Audi-tuning. I like how they team up with a lot of Audi dealerships so that customers get the peace-of-mind knowing that the mods they purchase from Stasis won't affect their factory warranty.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
APR FTW, You can already get a ton of power with just software and exhaust but if that's still not enough, there is always the K04 upgrade. I dont think the stage 3 is out yet but if its for the wife I think software and exhaust will get the job done. My wife drives a 2009 GLI 2.0T and its just chipped with an intake and she says its plenty quick for her.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Location: Waltham, MA/Southport,CT/Vero Beach, FL/Grosse Pointe, MI
steve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to all
engine swap xD

Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
jacx920 is infamous around these parts
Ugh my dream car. Lower it on bags or coils, put to body kit on it, And get the apr k04 kit for it.
That right there is my dream avant.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:06 PM
David661 is infamous around these parts
Nice Car, I was just checking these out, the avant is the way to go. Get a forge diverter valve, the stock intake is nice but i like the look and sound of the Carbino, and i like the Miltek exhaust. Also a APR flash would help out for a little more power.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:20 PM
hotsauce is infamous around these parts
Call APR and give them your goals. They will set you up with a package, that will certainly have you believing the car was shipped this way from the factory.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Thanks all for your comments. Just visited the APR web site and there is a dealer 16km from my place and will ring them in the morning. Buying snow tire on Tire rack now...bummer.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Overdraft
Thanks all for your comments. Just visited the APR web site and there is a dealer 16km from my place and will ring them in the morning. Buying snow tire on Tire rack now...bummer.
Which snow tires are you going with?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
That looks great, congrats.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Which snow tires are you going with?

Just got my confirmation e mail from Tire Rack for 4 255/35R Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero Series ll. Reviews were terrific...getting the Pirelli Scorpion Snow and Ice for my Cayenne as well - they were great on the Range Rover I just sold.

Dennis

Old 10-03-2010, 01:21 PM
jacx920 is infamous around these parts
255 35?
the stock wheels on an a4 run 235's I am pretty sure...
and you want a bigger sidewall on a winter tire then a summer, I would think a 35 sidewall is something to run in the summer and 40/45 in the winter...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Building an A4 Avant - Want Quick