Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi RS 5

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
wow looks awesome! surprised they got an RS5 so soon. how much are they asking for it?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
They are asking $95K

Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Wait, wait, wait........... Forget the ..."is it better than the M3..." hijacking.

Is this a real RS5 (looks like it) with a real window sticker for sale in the US?

The TT-RS is not even available and that one HAS been confirmed. No other Audi dealerships are receiving RS5's or frankly know about them. Last week one Audi dealer stupidly said ...."Audi has changed their mind and not bringing the RS5....." Granted he also said the TT-RS was not coming.

Real?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:55 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
OP, you need to be a little more clear. You may be from Jacksonville, these photos are NOT from Jacksonville. The dealer sticker on the car says "Consultenos" and the signage outside the dealership is in Spanish. So, where were you when you took these photos?

Originally Posted by kparis
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
The RS5 just doesn't look different enough from the S5 for me...I wish it had wider fenders.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
The pics were taken by me this week at the Audi dealer in Panama City, Panama. They also have a amazing TT RS right next to it on the floor.

As mentioned, the asking price was $95K but I think it will be less expensive if it comes to the US.

They also have R8 V8 for $199K so there's obviously a mark up on vehicles.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:09 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
oh so I was right. there are no RS5's in the states. that explains a lot.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
If its at $95K stateside when it hits I'd opt for a slightly used R8 V8.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by raiyu
If its at $95K stateside when it hits I'd opt for a slightly used R8 V8.
No one really knows what the US price will be but it would not surprise me if it approached that. I hear what you say about the R8 but the two cars could not be farther apart in target audience.

Regarding all of the RS5 haters with M3 lust. Yes, there's a point when the car is being pushed 10/10's. Now who really does that on a daily basis? The RS5's attraction is far beyond what the M3 can offer with arguably equal performance.

I'd still take a Aston Vantage despite knowing my 911 would rout it on a track.

These X is faster than Y arguments are so narrow. We'd all be driving GT-R's!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 AM
DorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the rough
I think the price tag is a turn off for me. Based on that range I can get more car for the same budget. I've always loved Audi RS cars, but this is a faux pas on Audi's part. The price/performance ratio is off.

Unfortunately, the overpriced M3 is a much better deal. And even worse than that the new Mustang is a steal compared to all of the field.

I don't like Mustangs and wouldn't opt to purchase one, but it does raise some questions on whether German carmakers have lost the bubble. Scariest to me is that their cars are a lot cheaper in the US than they are in Germany.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Don`t worry, the M3 in the Top Gear Review had the special "competition package" with a super stiff suspension to go better round a track, thatīs why it was quicker. But as Clarkson pointed out in the review, the M3 Competition`s suspension, which helps the M3 to be faster round a track, made the whole car worse, horrible comfort for daily driving.
Both cars, the RS5 and the (stock) M3, are pretty evenly matched. The RS5 has a few more ponies but also more weight. on straights u will be able to get closer to an M3 but around corners the lighter M3 is a bit quicker.
It's called tons of understeer because it's nose heavy. As Clarkson stated just get a "regular" M3. RS5 looks nice but not sure if it's worth the 20k premium over a fully optioned M3 which is still a little overpriced. Performance goes to the Bmw, but looks goes to the RS5, but fails in it's price level.

Last edited by NickyBlack; 02-26-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:51 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Itīs the same discussion as the GT-R vs 997TT one.
Like Porsche, Audi is a premium brand which has very,very,very loyal customers,
so a Mustang is not really an alternative for them.
BMW or Audi? Audis have more sex appeal imho.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:45 PM
B7bydesign is a jewel in the roughB7bydesign is a jewel in the roughB7bydesign is a jewel in the rough
Someone definitely took this one out! Snapped these pictures when I was in DC a few weeks ago:

Old 02-27-2011, 02:55 PM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Like Porsche, Audi is a premium brand which has very,very,very loyal customers,
i whole heartedly disagree with this statement and ranking audi > bmw.

and the comp package is very common on m3s. almost every coupe and sedan are equiped with it here in the states. so iono what they are talking about. maybe they dont get that in the uk?

Old 02-27-2011, 03:25 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crackberry005
i whole heartedly disagree with this statement and ranking audi > bmw.

and the comp package is very common on m3s. almost every coupe and sedan are equiped with it here in the states. so iono what they are talking about. maybe they dont get that in the uk?
as far as Audiīs customer loyalty is concerned:

http://www.automotive-fleet.com/News/Story/2010/01/Audi-Ranks-Most-Improved-Brand-in-Customer-Loyalty.aspx

and i have never said Audi > BMW in general, both brands are great and pretty even when it comes to performance and status.
i just think Audi > BMW in terms of looks/sexiness and that the RS5 would be my choice as a daily driver. The exterior is pure sex and Audiīs interiors are second to none anyway. It`s also more comfortable and itīs got AWD:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Audi RS 5