Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi RS 5

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
as far as Audi´s customer loyalty is concerned:

http://www.automotive-fleet.com/News...r-Loyalty.aspx

and i have never said Audi > BMW in general, both brands are great and pretty even when it comes to performance and status.
i just think Audi > BMW in terms of looks/sexiness and that the RS5 would be my choice as a daily driver. The exterior is pure sex and Audi´s interiors are second to none anyway. It`s also more comfortable and it´s got AWD:

oh, is sounded like you were making an analogy that audi is like porsche, and that bmw is like some other ugly reject brand.

and as far as bmw customer loyalty, prepare for a huge exodus. turbos are influtrating all levels of ///m, and ppl are pi$$ed.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:08 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Porsche is in a league of its own, cause they hardly make compromises when it comes to performance. Porsche is sport sport sport sport and sport...
But there are many people out there who are looking for a better daily driver, allrounder, with more luxury, comfort, more space and also less costs. U can`t go wrong with either the M3, RS5 or even the C63, so better let personal emotions speak...

Old 02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Impretzel is infamous around these parts
RS 5 is a MIGHTY FINE lookin' car...

Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Has Audi fixed the funky moonroof on these so that they open all the way? That's my biggest gripe about the S5 and A5.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Dan Halen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kpt6
Has Audi fixed the funky moonroof on these so that they open all the way? That's my biggest gripe about the S5 and A5.
i dont think its possible. i believe the reason it has the moonroof tilt only was to keep the roofline as low on the car as they intenede/designed- and if the glass were to slide back, the roofline would have to be raised, thus changing the car's silhouette....
silhouette over sunroof

Old 03-03-2011, 06:12 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
that's entirely not true. all they do is hate on BMW... they just call it like it is one the m3. also, the regular m3 was faster than the comp package around their track...yes, the comp was on a wet lap but their track only averages a 1 -2 second difference between wet and dry laps. so it's safe to say there was no difference in time.

I respectfully disagree! I've been watching and fallowing that show for years, and BMW is one of their all time favorite cars (just calling it like I see it).

Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dan Halen
i dont think its possible. i believe the reason it has the moonroof tilt only was to keep the roofline as low on the car as they intenede/designed- and if the glass were to slide back, the roofline would have to be raised, thus changing the car's silhouette....
silhouette over sunroof
that's a bummer for us sunroof lovers...bmw is able to put a sliding sunroof in the m3 coupe after all. i know it's not the end of the world, but for some people, myself included, having a 'real' sunroof is a big deal.

and as for the rs5 vs m3 argument, let's face it folks they are both amazing cars and we are lucky to be able to have a debate about which one we would prefer. the audi is gorgeous and will have a nicer interior (not that the current m3 interior is lousy by any means) and awd, the m3 is likely a bit more tossable and will be somewhat cheaper (just a guess) and has a real sunroof and i believe the m3 is equally gorgeous...

quite frankly if i didn't already buy an m3 several months ago and if they were the same price and if the rs5 had a real sunroof i'd probably buy the rs5...but too many ifs for me....

Last edited by cohenfive; 03-03-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KK Moto

Regarding all of the RS5 haters with M3 lust. Yes, there's a point when the car is being pushed 10/10's. Now who really does that on a daily basis? The RS5's attraction is far beyond what the M3 can offer with arguably equal performance.

I'd still take a Aston Vantage despite knowing my 911 would rout it on a track.

These X is faster than Y arguments are so narrow. We'd all be driving GT-R's!

Great post. And that is why I'll take my car above all others.

The S5 is a great looking car.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:05 AM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
top gear trashed it pretty hard in their comparo against the M3. around their track the M3 was 1 second faster and it was a wet track.
Not only Top Gear trashed it.
Read September 2010 issue of Car and Driver, the cover was M3 vs CTS-V coupe vs RS5. The RS5 came last.

Bottom line was detached steering, the handling was too FWD like, and it's a very heavy car which took it's toll from the fun.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 PM
b45h1r is infamous around these parts
Anyone buying either the RS5 or M3 or C63 just buys the one they like the most. Those track comparos are worthless. Unless you plan on autocrossing it for money against an M3, buy the one that does it for you.

Just my opinion

Old 03-06-2011, 03:49 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by b45h1r
Anyone buying either the RS5 or M3 or C63 just buys the one they like the most. Those track comparos are worthless. Unless you plan on autocrossing it for money against an M3, buy the one that does it for you.

Just my opinion
wise words.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:56 PM
b45h1r is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raiyu
If its at $95K stateside when it hits I'd opt for a slightly used R8 V8.
as would i. no question.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:22 PM
ZSTi is infamous around these parts
wise words.
x2...

Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
What dealer was the car at?

MSRP?

Old 03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
What dealer was the car at?

MSRP?
The car in the OP somewhat dubious post was a Panama City, PANAMA car. The damaged car was a Detroit'ish press-car.

No current US price or availability......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Audi RS 5