Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi RS 5

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 PM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
Audi RS 5

Has anyone test driven the new Audi RS 5 yet? If so, I'm curious to hear your inital thoughts and impressions.

I was at a dealer this past Friday and sat in one - loved it. They've had it for about 3 weeks now.

The RS 5 was black/black and looked amazing with it's huge wheels, fender flares and oversized front grill.

I hope to trade in my current 2007 RS4 (which has been great) for this new model in the near future.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
top gear trashed it pretty hard in their comparo against the M3. around their track the M3 was 1 second faster and it was a wet track.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 AM
That's dissapointing to hear. I'll look for the online review via Top Gear.

The car has such great lines. I'll post the pics I took of it later today.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
didnt think any RS5's were coming to the states till the end of the year. any pictures?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 PM

Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kparis
That's dissapointing to hear. I'll look for the online review via Top Gear.

The car has such great lines. I'll post the pics I took of it later today.

Don`t worry, the M3 in the Top Gear Review had the special "competition package" with a super stiff suspension to go better round a track, that´s why it was quicker. But as Clarkson pointed out in the review, the M3 Competition`s suspension, which helps the M3 to be faster round a track, made the whole car worse, horrible comfort for daily driving.
Both cars, the RS5 and the (stock) M3, are pretty evenly matched. The RS5 has a few more ponies but also more weight. on straights u will be able to get closer to an M3 but around corners the lighter M3 is a bit quicker.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:25 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Top Gear has had a bromance with BMW for years (just like most car shows, magazines etc.) so take what they say with a grain of salt. The lines are amazing on that car, but without driving it I cannot give you my impressions. I say go for it

Last edited by UMADBRO; 02-24-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Don`t worry, the M3 in the Top Gear Review had the special "competition package" with a super stiff suspension to go better round a track, that´s why it was quicker. But as Clarkson pointed out in the review, the M3 Competition`s suspension, which helps the M3 to be faster round a track, made the whole car worse, horrible comfort for daily driving.
Both cars, the RS5 and the (stock) M3, are pretty evenly matched. The RS5 has a few more ponies but also more weight. on straights u will be able to get closer to an M3 but around corners the lighter M3 is a bit quicker.
Nurburgring times suggest even 'regular' M3 (no Competition Pakcage) posts better results. The RS 5 IMO is a massive fail by Audi. Even if you think Top Gear has a bromance with BMW, just read the rest of the press (especually UK), Car, Evo and a bunch of others have rightfully so thrashed the car. It is a heavy pig (overall and still nose-heavy), and if can't do better on the track in wet conditions than a RWD BMW M3 (having 30hp less), that pretty much sums it up...

As Car Magazine put it, as much as the RS 4 was able to bridge the gap with the M3, the RS 5 managed to widen it all over again... And DSG only, easy easy pass...

Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Top Gear has had a bromance with BMW for years (just like most car shows, magazines etc.) so take what they say with a grain of salt. The lines are amazing on that car, but without driving it I cannot give you my impressions. I say go for it
that's entirely not true. all they do is hate on BMW... they just call it like it is one the m3. also, the regular m3 was faster than the comp package around their track...yes, the comp was on a wet lap but their track only averages a 1 -2 second difference between wet and dry laps. so it's safe to say there was no difference in time.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
nice pics! Thank you for posting..gorgeous!

Did you happen to see the MSRP on that car? Thank you.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
not true, as i said, they are pretty evenly matched. On 5 tracks the M3 is quicker, on 5 others the RS5:

http://www.fastestlaps.com/compariso...audi_rs_5.html

both great cars, but the RS5 with its AWD and being more comfortable, is the better daily driver for me.
this is just an absurd argument. fine... 5 and 5. their equally matched, right? wrong. on the tracks the M3 was faster we're talking whole seconds. on the ones the RS5 is faster its tenths. sometimes 1 and 2 tenths. it's safe to say the M3 is the better performer. that doesn't make it a better car all in all. the RS5 may suit a persons needs better than an M3 does, but there is no denying the M3 is the better performer.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:22 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Nurburgring times suggest even 'regular' M3 (no Competition Pakcage) posts better results.
as i said, they are pretty evenly matched. On 5 tracks the M3 is quicker, on 5 others the RS5:

----

both great cars, but the RS5 with its AWD and being more comfortable is the better daily driver for me.

________

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 02-24-2011 at 11:36 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Audi RS 5