Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TT-RS 0-60 in 3.6!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
TT-RS 0-60 in 3.6!!!

Over on 1Addicts a May copy of Car & Driver. Even the BMW guys are questioning the results comparo.

Shame the 6 speed won't duplicate the results. Looks like the Audi's biggest fault is (perceived) price. Nice showing though, pretty glowing review.

Still curious why the Infiniti was present instead of the Cayman S. That would have been the comparison we've been waiting for.

And, the first print speculation of the 360hp US version... Fingers crossed.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506766

Old 03-27-2011, 05:24 PM
HBspeed is infamous around these parts
Excluding the Cayman S in favor of the G37 makes this article a little suspect from the get-go.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HBspeed
Excluding the Cayman S in favor of the G37 makes this article a little suspect from the get-go.
Agree. Don't quite get it.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is infamous around these parts
I stopped trusting American rags years ago. If it weren't for the fancy photos, and the $5 discounted annual subscription, I wouldn't even be looking through them.

Several issues with that time: US magazine do starts with roll-out, which severely skews the times. Also, this is the Euro-spec TT-RS with DSG + LC, and lightened Euro interior, which we will not see here (bastardized in many ways like the RS 4 interior has been).

And the point scoring system is just laughable. Adding things like points for rear seats, rebates (when in fact there are none, yet the 1 ///M gets one even with many dealers charging over MSRP) is just ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous as the IPL being in the comparo. Tell you who pays the sponsorship dollars at C&D. They have featured the Cayman-R in the same issue, as well as the Boss Mustang, would have made a better comparo to include those along the TTRS and 1///M. Ditto for even a Cayman S, or 370Z.

Hoping TopGear does an episode of the 1///M vs. the RS3 (or TTRS) for a more accurate representation.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
I stopped trusting American rags years ago. If it weren't for the fancy photos, and the $5 discounted annual subscription, I wouldn't even be looking through them.

Several issues with that time: US magazine do starts with roll-out, which severely skews the times. Also, this is the Euro-spec TT-RS with DSG + LC, and lightened Euro interior, which we will not see here (bastardized in many ways like the RS 4 interior has been).

And the point scoring system is just laughable. Adding things like points for rear seats, rebates (when in fact there are none, yet the 1 ///M gets one even with many dealers charging over MSRP) is just ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous as the IPL being in the comparo. Tell you who pays the sponsorship dollars at C&D. They have featured the Cayman-R in the same issue, as well as the Boss Mustang, would have made a better comparo to include those along the TTRS and 1///M. Ditto for even a Cayman S, or 370Z.

Hoping TopGear does an episode of the 1///M vs. the RS3 (or TTRS) for a more accurate representation.
well-said.........

Old 04-01-2011, 10:30 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
I don't know much about the rollout but I mainly look at the 1/4 mile times. In the past i was within a tenths of a second in the quarter mile compared to published US magazine times. I had confirmed myself those are fairly accurate where car and driver are usually slower and motor trend was fastest. But if they used launch control I doubt they did the roll thing you are talking about.