Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Official: US TT-RS with 360 hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Boy Audi is infamous around these parts
I'm seizing the opportunity now.

Any guesses when US 2012 TT RS will sell out?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Boy Audi
Any guesses when US 2012 TT RS will sell out?
I'm surprised that it hasn't. What is the MSRP on it? Will it sell @MSRP or above?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Ttrs msrp

Originally Posted by tranquility
I'm surprised that it hasn't. What is the MSRP on it? Will it sell @MSRP or above?
That's the big question, isn't it. My dealer says I will not pay above MSRP whatever that turns out to be. But I don't think I'll have much bargaining power to pay below. Anyone else figured out an angle to secure an allocation and pay less than MSRP?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:18 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Boy Audi
Anyone else figured out an angle to secure an allocation and pay less than MSRP?
I'm surprised it's not sold out. So your question is not that silly. Would be interesting to know the actual prices they're being sold for...

Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 PM
No price yet.

Originally Posted by tranquility
Would be interesting to know the actual prices they're being sold for...
I don't believe any been sold yet. Without a released price, everyone is just treading water. Has the price been established and Audi has not yet released it, or will Audi establish the price based upon the number of deposits taken?

Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Correct, the price has not even been established yet. I have my deposit in though I'm very curious if it's going to come in at 59.9 or 64.9 (+ obligitory 4k in options). If it pushes 70 I'll scrap it and get a Cayman S.

Regarding the "sell out" question, I think if the US production number of 300 (which my dealer has informed me) is accurate (I'm highly suspect of that) then yes, it will sell out; especially if the reviews are anywhere near of that bogo 3.6 0-60 for the DSG equipped one (non-US).

Old 04-30-2011, 02:31 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
I thought I had recently read it was going to be 4.1 0-60 for the US only 6 speed version and a base price of approximately $65k. Hope they are both lower.
Bish

Old 04-30-2011, 04:26 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by thebishman
I thought I had recently read it was going to be 4.1 0-60 for the US only 6 speed version and a base price of approximately $65k. Hope they are both lower.
Bish
I would bet money you are right on both accounts.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:27 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Just ordered mine today with an allocation. $1000.00 down.

White
Tech Pkg
Sport exhaust Titanium Pkg
Heated seats

Old 04-30-2011, 08:29 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KK Moto
If it pushes 70 I'll scrap it and get a Cayman S.
You mean Cayman R ? I'll probably bail at 70K too. I'm guessing 57K plus options 63kish?

I'm sure Audi knows this thus didn't come with the DSG tranny due to the cost and hassle for audi since it will definltey push the car price towards 70K. It needs to be less than the 62k cayman S.

Last edited by gtr; 04-30-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by gtr
You mean Cayman R ? I'll probably bail at 70K too. I'm guessing 57K plus options 63kish?

I'm sure Audi knows this thus didn't come with the DSG tranny due to the cost and hassle for audi since it will definltey push the car price towards 70K. It needs to be less than the 62k cayman S.
Cayman R? Yes, I love it however on principle alone I won't buy one: charging you to put the AC back in it? WTF? I track my 911 so the TT-RS/ Cayman will be more of a DD. I think the Cayman S is a better all-arounder than the Cayman R. Once you price in the fewest accoutrements to make an R a DD it's easily pushing 80.

And every Cayman S I've spec'd has been in the 72-74'sh range; you know, once you add a steering wheel, pedals, windows, seats, etc.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 AM
gtr
If you're getting carbon seats the cayman r is the way to go since it's a no cost option. If you get regular seats the cayman s may be the better value.. My spyder had a comfortable suspension and i would guess the cayman r is the same way. Just a prediction it will hold resale better so the cost up front may not be an issue if you're not financing. Just like my STI is cheaper to own than my WRX due to depreciation.

I feel the TTRS will be an awesome daily driver with some straight line power, sleeper look and AWD which i desire!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by KK Moto
Cayman R? Yes, I love it however on principle alone I won't buy one: charging you to put the AC back in it? WTF?
Good principles. That whole 'keep the Cayman from reaching full potential so as not to cannibalize the (inferior) 911' irks me also.

Btw, I'm still curious about why you had issues w/ the TT's DSG?

Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I considered an R and ended up ordering an S also. Mine too will be a DD and I wanted ventilated seats and PASM which aren't available on the R. Also didn't care for the fixed wing and exterior color bits in the interior on the R. Considering I'd add much of the weight back in with A/C and Nav/Bose options, the weight reduction wouldn't amount to much.
I'm leasing, so resale isn't an issue, but easily ran up to the MRM, which is $79k on a Cayman S with PDK.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:31 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
i would have thought most people still prefer 6-speed sportscars in the US?!
If you're being sarcastic, I understand... If you're being serious, I doubt you're this naive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official: US TT-RS with 360 hp