Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Official: US TT-RS with 360 hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tranquility
Good principles. That whole 'keep the Cayman from reaching full potential so as not to cannibalize the (inferior) 911' irks me also.

Btw, I'm still curious about why you had issues w/ the TT's DSG?
That's how I ended-up getting a 911. Had an 07 Cayman S which I loved, tracked the hell out of it, but eventually ran into the "wall" that Porsche installed to not step on the toes of the 911. When the latest iteration of the Cayman S came out with the bump in hp I planned on ordering one (all of this at the height of the recession). My spec'd Cayman S was around $72k. There was an unloved stripper of a 911S sitting on their lot for a long time. They made me a killer offer to take it vs the Cayman S. I definitely miss the balance of the Cayman but the 911 takes it up a whole 'nother level.

As for my complaints with the TTS it came down to two things, the DSG auto-shifting at redline/ not rev-holding and that bizarre, eventual turbo-lag with that engine. I also thought the basic paint was very fragile. That being said, I love the chassis and concept, hence I'm getting another that should address my issues. As the for DSG itself, it was my first true double-clutch and I though it was fantastic; just a little more automation than I wanted.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
For Caymans excluding the GT3's power is the only thing Porsche is holding back i feel. The BMW 1M suffer the same fate because of the M3.

However, the TTRS is a special market that Audi isn't afraid to hold back and most R8 owners will not consider TT's. But then again i'm not most owners .

Old 05-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
My dealer told me today that there will only be 500 TT-RS models imported into the US over the next two model years. If you want one, better act fast!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
My dealer told me today that there will only be 500 TT-RS models imported into the US over the next two model years. If you want one, better act fast!
Good! My dealer told me 300. I never believe these guys. Every conversation I have with them he reminds me "rare" they are [so to protect his commission?]

Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by KK Moto
Good! My dealer told me 300. I never believe these guys. Every conversation I have with them he reminds me "rare" they are [so to protect his commission?]
More likely so they can justify asking full MSRP. "We can't discount this model, it's rare!"